• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2011
Im stuck, i have surf and cut and did the volcano part. but now it seems i need rock smash to proceed and i do not have that im still stuck in rustboro

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
I've been wandering around the shipwreck trying to find the thing that mystery-guy-on-the-phone-in-Lilycove-Sewers wanted me to look for, but I apparently haven't found it yet. What am I looking for and where can I find it?

bobvs

Music Composer/Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Apparently it's a little repetitive, but what if am I wrong?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 1, 2011
This is just one of those unfixable glitches, I'm afraid. Sorry.

No, just keep going. The League comes in the middle of this game, not at the end; you don't need all eight badges.

Another unfixable glitch... I can't apologise enough.

Beat Normal Girl Laura (or Scissora, I forget which one) on that route north of Rustboro.

It's not a recolour of Zoroark. It is Zoroark. I made that before Zoroark's name and stats were released; I wanted Mightyena to evolve into it, so I made up a name that I said I would change later and then forgot about it.. You've reminded me to go back and change it - so thanks.

I have no idea what that means. What's saying this? Please give more information.

This is embarrassing, but... I've forgotten. It's got something to do with Shaderu, I think. I'll look it up for you.

Not sure what's going on there. I'll check my ROM and see if I have it too. Otherwise, there's very little I can do to help.

This is a glitch. No idea what it is.

Man, I can't apologise enough for all these horrible glitches. Future projects won't have them, I assure you (if and when any future projects actually materialise, since I seem to be terminally lazy about hacking these days).
OK i will copy and paist exactly what it is saying: No image found on zip file C:\documents and settings\Anthony\desktop\emulaters\gameboy\pokemon snakewood\\pokemon snakewood.zip and:
unsupported file type : C:\documents and settings\Anthony\desktop\emulaters\gameboy\pokemon snakewood\\pokemon snakewood.zip it is saying its an ips file type and it wont run it if u need any more info just ask and ill try to find it

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
Years
OK i will copy and paist exactly what it is saying: No image found on zip file C:\documents and settings\Anthony\desktop\emulaters\gameboy\pokemon snakewood\\pokemon snakewood.zip and:
unsupported file type : C:\documents and settings\Anthony\desktop\emulaters\gameboy\pokemon snakewood\\pokemon snakewood.zip it is saying its an ips file type and it wont run it if u need any more info just ask and ill try to find it

Um if i'm reading this right then you need to patch the IPS file onto whatever the base ROM is for Pkmon Snakewood otherwise it won't work. Use Lunar IPS, if you don't know what that is, google it, it's usually the first link.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2013
so i beat the Elite 4 and was told to go to stootopolis city but dont know how to get there ive been searching 4 hours!!!!

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years

Unzip the ZIP file. There should be an IPS file in there. Get yourself a clean Ruby (US) ROM, and use LunarIPS to patch the IPS file to the ROM. I can't make it much clearer than that.

kyleboyz400; said:
so i beat the Elite 4 and was told to go to stootopolis city but dont know how to get there ive been searching 4 hours!!!!

If you've received Birch's phone call, go to Lilycove and enter the sewers; the swimmers there will have disappeared. You can go through there to the ocean routes, and from there to Pacifidlog, from where you can (eventually) go to Sootopolis.

*For me, obviously. I'm not going to reward you for voting for the enemy competition, am I?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2012
Erm I reached like to gym island and oculd only beat 3 gyms i cannot find other gyms.. =l

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
I think your hack actually deserves to win or at least come in second. I thought Light Platinum was the best by far, but since I gave this one a spin I think you may of turned my mind. Mainly the ridiculous difficulty and the warped sense of humor that kept the lulz going, so I offer you luck.

Oh yes, and did you by any chance get to looking up how I use the Spatial Pass to get to Shaderu?

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2012
where can i get a leaf stone? I need to evolve my nuzleaf...

plus when does linoone evolve? and where do I get fly? just wanna make sure I don't miss that

Tripred

Beginner Graphic Artist
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2012
I unzipped the ZIP file and took out the IPS file and used Lunar IPS to patch it to a clean copy of Pokemon Ruby ROM but when I opened the new patched Pokemon Ruby I just get a white screen please help?

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2012
So I need a magnemite to start up the elevator but i have a full part and theres no pc around... am i stuck?

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
So I need a magnemite to start up the elevator but i have a full part and theres no pc around... am i stuck?

There is, go to the level with the water but instead of going down, turn right and up again, you should see stairs... Also, you don't really need a Magnemite, you just need a pokemon with ThunderShock. I used a Pikachu and it worked. I hope that answers your question!

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2012
There is, go to the level with the water but instead of going down, turn right and up again, you should see stairs... Also, you don't really need a Magnemite, you just need a pokemon with ThunderShock. I used a Pikachu and it worked. I hope that answers your question!
thanks alot bro its late and I wasn't expecting an answer for sometime.

Tripred

Beginner Graphic Artist
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2012
I unzipped the ZIP file and took out the IPS file and used Lunar IPS to patch it to a clean copy of Pokemon Ruby ROM but when I opened the new patched Pokemon Ruby I just get a white screen please help?

I found a solution, turns out I just needed to download the Ruby ROM from somewhere else, it works now =)

Kaith

Hacker of Fire
Years
where can i get a leaf stone? I need to evolve my nuzleaf...

plus when does linoone evolve? and where do I get fly? just wanna make sure I don't miss that

Once you get to the Weather Instute/Maxium Security Vault, go to the right side of the bridge, and surf south. The leaf stone is in the exact same place as in the original game. Linnone evolves at lvl 41. I know cus I was supprised when mine evolved.

Which brings me to the original reason why I wanted to post here, are you going to add in a list of all the new eveloutions to the beginning post? I would really like to know what other evelution I could get. (Only just got Metor's Daughter.)

On another completely different side note, this is my second favorite hack, even with some of those minor bugs! Mabye when I finish it I'll find it even greater than my favorite, light platinum!

Back