• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2011
^For the above post it's not too difficult you just have to be a little cheap. Pikachu thunder waves them and Pidgeotto uses sand attack than just thunder shock them with Pikachu. Also Onix had a really low sp.def when i fought him, two thundershocks and he was down.^

*If anyone needs help they can PM me, I might be able to offer some assistance up to the Pokemon League*

I've only had one bad glitch my entire playthrough, it was at the Aerodactyl event after you battle, my Charizard was standing there and when I talked to it the rom crashed my psp luckily I state saved before the battle. Don't know if it's been reported but that's all. :)

Hey there, I've been playing Ash Gray since Saturday and have been having a blast reliving all the episodes through the game but I've run into a wall. I just completed the event where the marowaks trainer gets all of his badges stolen and you must defeat team rocket to get them back. Once I returned them i went on my way to the pokemon league and the man guarding the door says that it hasn't started yet...

What am I supposed to do now? Also I couldn't figure out some of the events no bugs just me( the soar throat jiggly puff, the wigglytuff movie star, and not sure if slowpoke was supposed to evolve before the big kahuna wave)

Any help would be appreciated and great job on the hack!

*edit: I think I figured it out. I downloaded the beta before the League was finished. So now my question is: Will my state saves carry over tomorrow when you release the new beta?

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
AshGray 3.5.3

^ Glitch where you can't get past Spearow if you die on Route 1 in the beginning is fixed, and the glitch where if you beat the Elite Four but haven't battled the Champion, the receptionist starts the competition over again is fixed.

*edit: I think I figured it out. I downloaded the beta before the League was finished. So now my question is: Will my state saves carry over tomorrow when you release the new beta?

Your save states should still work - there shouldn't really be any issues transferring from beta 3.0 to 3.5. Just save in Virdian City, because the League building's been moved.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2011
Your save states should still work - there shouldn't really be any issues transferring from beta 3.0 to 3.5. Just save in Virdian City, because the League building's been moved.

Excellent, thanks for the information. And keep up the good work Metapod this is turning out great.

On a side note, will you be considering to continue beyond the Orange islands in another game obviously? perhaps heart gold or soul silver?

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
Excellent, thanks for the information. And keep up the good work Metapod this is turning out great.

On a side note, will you be considering to continue beyond the Orange islands in another game obviously? perhaps heart gold or soul silver?

I would like it if he continued to Johto in a new game using the same rom base. Co500 did that for Johto Adventures.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2011
Ok so I finished the Pokemon League in 2nd place and I went back to Palet Town to fight off Team Rocket again. Finished up the Pidgeot flying minigame, very nice touch, but I can't remember where I'm supposed to go for Professor Oak's special pokeball. Could you point me in the right direction?

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2012
I was wondering where you can find ghastly on this game the pokedex really doesn't help I don't know where its telling me to look for it. I know you can fight one but you cant catch it was that the only one?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
What am I supposed to do now? Also I couldn't figure out some of the events no bugs just me( the soar throat jiggly puff, the wigglytuff movie star, and not sure if slowpoke was supposed to evolve before the big kahuna wave)
For healing Sore throat of Jiggly you need to feed him with Berry Juice =)
For being selected as co-star you need pokémon with right mix of characteristics =) I already told someone which ones and where to get them, so just search this thread =D
And for Slowpoke, you need to "give it" a Shellder =)

I was wondering where you can find ghastly on this game the pokedex really doesn't help I don't know where its telling me to look for it. I know you can fight one but you cant catch it was that the only one?
Yes, you cannot catch Gastly from the Maiden's peak, though you can get 2 Haunters later (one must go to Sabrina).

How to lost Old Shore Wharf?? I can't surf because i don't have my boad. Helps!!
Teleporting System
I don't know why this question is still asked =D
Meta, you should add this this to FAQ =D

Ok so I finished the Pokemon League in 2nd place and I went back to Palet Town to fight off Team Rocket again. Finished up the Pidgeot flying minigame, very nice touch, but I can't remember where I'm supposed to go for Professor Oak's special pokeball. Could you point me in the right direction?
I don't think game is so far... or am I mistaken?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
I Am Not Sure If This Is A Glitch But Whenever I Talk To The Woman(Healer) In Viridian Forest The Screen Gets Darker And If You Keep Talking To Her It Will Get More Dark Until Its Black , However If You Battled Any Trainer Or A Wild Pokemon After The Battle The Screen Is Alright Again .

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
Hey guys I just started playing the lastest beta. I would like to know why. Bulbasaur is not evolving? ? And does squirtle evolve too or what do I have to do? .

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2011
hey metapod i found a bug when in the grass gym once you vut the tree down the next two trainers are dark blobs and if you battle the girl to the left of erika the hp bar is messed up and if you cut the tree and battle the person to the left again the hp bar is messed up same as the person to erikas right and when you battle erika
but it might just be my game

A Shian

Got It Memorized?
Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2013
Hey guys I just started playing the lastest beta. I would like to know why. Bulbasaur is not evolving? ? And does squirtle evolve too or what do I have to do? .

In the beta bulbasaur has an everstone and squirtle can evolve

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2015
Im having trouble getting into Koga's gym. Yes, I faced the back and pressed B, but nothing happened...

A Shian

Got It Memorized?
Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2013
What do I do when a new beta comes out? Do I download a new fire red rom and patch it with the new AshGray beta or do I patch the already patched firered rom?

Years
Where can I get the second haunter same place?
You need 6 Pokemon in the party. After you re-enter you're body put two Pokemon in the computer. When you go back to Haunter go up the right side of the room. Talk to Haunter to get one, and talk to your body to get the other.

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2011
^For the above post it's not too difficult you just have to be a little cheap. Pikachu thunder waves them and Pidgeotto uses sand attack than just thunder shock them with Pikachu. Also Onix had a really low sp.def when i fought him, two thundershocks and he was down.^

*If anyone needs help they can PM me, I might be able to offer some assistance up to the Pokemon League*

I've only had one bad glitch my entire playthrough, it was at the Aerodactyl event after you battle, my Charizard was standing there and when I talked to it the rom crashed my psp luckily I state saved before the battle. Don't know if it's been reported but that's all. :)

Hey there, I've been playing Ash Gray since Saturday and have been having a blast reliving all the episodes through the game but I've run into a wall. I just completed the event where the marowaks trainer gets all of his badges stolen and you must defeat team rocket to get them back. Once I returned them i went on my way to the pokemon league and the man guarding the door says that it hasn't started yet...

Any help would be appreciated and great job on the hack!

Thanks for the advice dude! :) I only have one question, at what level do you have your pikachu when you fought onix, because I have it in lvl. 11 and it thundershocks didn't affected so much as yours.
Thanks again for you advice!

NorthernWind98

Lost.... hopefully not Forever
Years
After playing through most of the latest beta I have incountered 2 glitches:

1) In the Indigo League after battling the Aroma Lady from Crimson City and the Announcer says you won the screen goes black.

2) For Pallet Party Panic when Team Rocket is in the Oak Corral, No script is activated so everyone just stands there and if you press A to Oak, Meowth, Jessie, or James the screen freezes so I cannot play the Pidgeot Mini Game.

These might just be my computer but if there is a solution or a reason why this happens could someone please tell me?

Last edited:
Back