• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Notifications...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If someone edits it, you get another notification. I whine about it a lot. :( There's no way to work around it right now except to tell people so they avoid editing their posts 10 times.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
If someone edits it, you get another notification. I whine about it a lot. :( There's no way to work around it right now except to tell people so they avoid editing their posts 10 times.

Maybe a cooldown timer at least? A lot of people usually edit their posts within 10 minutes of it to try to either preserve the name on the quotation or if they add something. That might knock out a good 50% of those notifications.

Also, it seems like they don't seem to erase themselves from the menu sometimes without actually reading the thread, which sometimes I don't really want to do (for example, on mobile)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Maybe a cooldown timer at least? A lot of people usually edit their posts within 10 minutes of it to try to either preserve the name on the quotation or if they add something. That might knock out a good 50% of those notifications.

Also, it seems like they don't seem to erase themselves from the menu sometimes without actually reading the thread, which sometimes I don't really want to do (for example, on mobile)

I don't think it's a feature but a bug that hasn't been fixed yet. If Audy can figure out a cooldown timer I assume he'd just remove it entirely.

I've noticed that too about them not deleting. It used to happen to me with every notification without fail and then one day randomly fixed itself and then I had the problem yesterday with just one. It sucks. :(

Back