• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serena

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
What I'm saying is That Serena should do this with Ash often--

tumblr_n8gw1yBTzT1rsrk2xo5_250.gif

https://33.media.tumblr.com/79b1d46e2e769a900f5fe8c163f9ac68/tumblr_n8gw1yBTzT1rsrk2xo5_250.gif

Even Someone Passive like May started to treat Ash like that regularly.
Ash doesn't need a girl that worship him and follow his every desire . He need a Sharp girl that will stop him from being careless , Reckless and too soft .
Thats that quality Misty & Dawn had in them.

I hope Serena catchs a Feebas and use it in Pokemon Performance causing it to evolve into a Milotic.
A great way to show off Feebas evolution.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
There was something that Anna said in another thread that I want to bring up here: at first Serena seemed more shy around the group and thus more gentle. But as she gets more comfortable with the group she's starting to become more like how she was when we first met her with Fletchling. So as she gets more comfortable then we will probably see her retort more with Ash and the others (ok maybe not Bonnie she and her can continue to have a cute sister-like relationship).

Which, imo, is another nice way to develop her.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Do you think Serena will leave after the XY series? If so why? Im not really following the XY series a lot but after watching a few episodes I happen to like Serena's shy character when talking to ash this also meant that her closeness to him is really far from being a couple. Do you think they'll be together until Ash becomes a great pokemon master?

Considering the track record of May, Dawn, and Iris (I'd count Misty in this, but that was more prematurely done due to the writers' cynical attempt to boost up ratings, something Takeshi Shudo realized was a mistake), she most likely will end up leaving after the XY series. Only way she'll stay until Ash becomes a Pokémon Master is if XY is the final series (which given the poor ratings even in Japan, not to mention the disaster that was BW, that is a very likely possibility).

Then again, new writers might do things differently, though on the other hand, they also had new writers for BW, so I wouldn't be too certain of that.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2016
What I'm saying is That Serena should do this with Ash often--

tumblr_n8gw1yBTzT1rsrk2xo5_250.gif

https://33.media.tumblr.com/79b1d46e2e769a900f5fe8c163f9ac68/tumblr_n8gw1yBTzT1rsrk2xo5_250.gif

Even Someone Passive like May started to treat Ash like that regularly.
Ash doesn't need a girl that worship him and follow his every desire . He need a Sharp girl that will stop him from being careless , Reckless and too soft .
Thats that quality Misty & Dawn had in them.

I hope Serena catchs a Feebas and use it in Pokemon Performance causing it to evolve into a Milotic.
A great way to show off Feebas evolution.

It's official! They found a way to ruin her character! Way to go! You anti-Serena fans/Misty-fans got your wish! And on the big screen of all things! Damn!

Well it was too good to be true anyway. And believe so was giving the writers FAR too much credit. Hell, they might as well have Ash lose the Kalos to make this entire 60-niner farce of a region complete. Fooling us with Mega Evolution and styliized pretty colors.

But there's always Anabel. And you know what, I can write a series a thousand times better than anything the current writers will ever write in the future! I've actually been hold back because I actually had faith in her, in the same scope as Hinata Hyuga. But this Pokemon after all........ Now I no longer have a reason to hold back my true creativity.

Are Hinata Hyuga and Miho Azuki (the Bakuman anime with only 7 dubbed episodes) the only anime girls of their own kind!?

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
It's official! They found a way to ruin her character! Way to go! You anti-Serena fans/Misty-fans got your wish! And on the big screen of all things! Damn!

Well it was too good to be true anyway. And believe so was giving the writers FAR too much credit. Hell, they might as well have Ash lose the Kalos to make this entire 60-niner farce of a region complete. Fooling us with Mega Evolution and styliized pretty colors.

But there's always Anabel. And you know what, I can write a series a thousand times better than anything the current writers will ever write in the future! I've actually been hold back because I actually had faith in her, in the same scope as Hinata Hyuga. But this Pokemon after all........ Now I no longer have a reason to hold back my true creativity.

Are Hinata Hyuga and Miho Azuki (the Bakuman anime with only 7 dubbed episodes) the only anime girls of their own kind!?

You're calling this official now? You should have been calling it official when she attacked that bird Pokémon, which was in the first episode of the XY series. That should have been a very early clue for you, especially considering you specifically mentioned Misty only had to pull Brock's ear once or treat Team Rocket harsher than deserved once to earn your hatred of her.

And honestly, considering how Ash actually did behave like a huge brat in Kanto more than a few times, not to mention made several errors that even a rookie would not make (for instance, even most trainers starting out know it is a terrible idea to pit a bug pokemon against the kind of Pokémon that preys on it. It's called common sense.), I'm surprised you haven't started getting around to hating Ash yet, given your whole "one-strike" rule. Had I been in your position, especially your perfectionist, one-strike and your out policy, I would have hated Ash Ketchum after his overall snotty behavior to Misty's fear of bugs, just as much as I would have hated her for her treatment of Caterpie, and in fact, the only likable character would have probably been Ritchie, a character with absolutely no character flaws whatsoever. The fact that he's the main character doesn't cut it. So was Charlie Harper for Two and a Half Men, and yet I'm extremely doubtful you would have loved Charlie Harper after several of the acts he did even if he was the main character.

At least be glad Misty doesn't insult Ash just because he's a male, and I can name plenty of females who do literally use gender as the sole basis for being a jerk to another person. Like Dr. Strangelove from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, or my History up to the 1500s Professor who basically has nothing good to say about us males, and is basically overall a feminazi. Heck, Belle from Disney Comics' New Adventures of Beauty and the Beast is also an example, where she basically wanted to have nothing to do with men at all (real life men, that is) and even implied they were all pigs.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016

Enlighten me how it's "official" that her character is "ruined," because lets be honest, outside amourshipping, her character was basically irrelevant for the first calendar year of the anime.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Enlighten me how it's "official" that her character is "ruined," because lets be honest, outside amourshipping, her character was basically irrelevant for the first calendar year of the anime.

Basically, Kid Sonic is of the viewpoint that all it takes is for a character to be nasty or do something bad even once to automatically qualify as the worst thing ever in his eyes, especially if said character snaps at Ash regardless of the reason. It's the same reason why he hates Misty. In other words, he has a one strike policy.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2016
At least now Ash and Bonnie have a lot more in common for the two to become a couple. They both have two people who travel with them tower over them in authority. I can see it now, Ash and Bonnie having a sweet time together, and then Serena and Clemont (respectively) show up out of nowhere and chew them out for being happy. This series is so predictable (so long as you don't let wishful thinking clouden your judgement). Can't wait until Gen 7.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
At least now Ash and Bonnie have a lot more in common for the two to become a couple. They both have two people who travel with them tower over them in authority. I can see it now, Ash and Bonnie having a sweet time together, and then Serena and Clemont (respectively) show up out of nowhere and chew them out for being happy.
In that case you should see the recent episode where Satoshi is trying to dance and Eureka laughs at him (complete with tears in her eyes) because he's so bad at it. If Serena being mildly irritated with Satoshi once is enough to turn you off the character, you should at least be aware of at least that much before you start pairing Satoshi and Eureka together.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2016
In that case you should see the recent episode where Satoshi is trying to dance and Eureka laughs at him (complete with tears in her eyes) because he's so bad at it. If Serena being mildly irritated with Satoshi once is enough to turn you off the character, you should at least be aware of at least that much before you start pairing Satoshi and Eureka together.

Why are you trying so hard to crush everything I believe in.

And besides, why would anyone even compare this anime to a sitcom like Two And a Half Men?

I don't even know why I'm even arguing with obvious Ash-haters. I wonder how you guys treat your own boyfriends.

But even so, I was a pro-AbilityShipper before Anime Serena was even introduced. Her apparent kindness was just a distraction that drifted me away from it long enough that I actually had faith in her, only to be let down and harshly reminded that this is the same series that got Best Wishes wrong.

For a brief time I actually supported BOTH pairings: Serena, due to her initial efforts, and Anabel for the sake of my spinoff, due to me ragequitting after the Vertress Conference, and the fact that she was the only female character Ash's age at the time who not only didn't butt heads with him, but actually admitted having sincere feelings for him.

In fact, I ship Bonnie with Max. I only made that comment just to illustrate a point.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
@KidSonic, what's wrong Serena stopping Ash from eating the only piece of cake left?... It's not like she's doing this all the time either... She can still be nice and pleasant while not having Ash walk all over her.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
^ to add onto this: how is giving Ash a little slap on the wrist for nearly eating a cake meant for everyone uncalled for or walking over him? Frankly it's putting him in his place for nearly leaving his friends without any cake because he nearly ate it himself. So he was the one that nearly did the uncalled for act if it weren't for that little wrist slap.

If I was in Serena's position in that situation I would have probably given him a wrist slap as well. Or at least shout at him to not eat the damn cake so everyone can have it. So hate Serena for that little thing as you will but honestly if you want to hate Serena there are other reasons to hate her ( which I don't but there are so many reasons why people do hate her so just pick him ) than a little thing she did that is totally understandable.

( And for the record: I adore Ash. But I'm not going to be blind to flaws that he has or anything. Some things that people say I can back up with my thoughts, opinions, analysis, whatever, but some things aren't meant to be there as flaws and believe me Ash has a lot of them. Including being a brat, having no tact, and possibly even being a outright jerk at some points. Sure he normally apologizes but it doesn't mean that he didn't commit the act in the first place. )

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
This thread is about Serena, not Misty, not Ash, and especially not bashing how people judge characters. If you want to talk about other characters in this thread, at least make rational comparisons to Serena and avoid calling out other members for their different judgments in the process. This thread is a house for friendly discussion, not unnecessary opinion bashing.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2016
This thread is about Serena, not Misty, not Ash, and especially not bashing how people judge characters. If you want to talk about other characters in this thread, at least make rational comparisons to Serena and avoid calling out other members for their different judgments in the process. This thread is a house for friendly discussion, not unnecessary opinion bashing.

Note how you delete parts of my post that were about Serena.

But for the sake of this thread and the fact that Pokemon has been with me my whole life (with nothing to replace it with), I'm just going to pretend that the above gif (that should be deleted, along with the entire post, since you don't like to filter or discriminate) is pure photoshop, and therefore never happened and never will.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Serena need some ridiculous yet Interesting trait. She's completely plain without her crush toward Ash .
I Think , Serena will be Interesting if she is treated like a Bishōjo that attract almost every Boy around her !
Like Mirai from Gundam Build fighter try.
This can create 3 interesting character --

--1) A typical Rich Boy/Prince who fallen for Serena after seeing her Pokevision . He tries to use his wealth to impress Ash however it usually backfire when Serena use most of his idea to get closer to Ash.
For example , The Prince build An Amusement Park to go on ''Tunnel Of Love'' with Serena But she drag Ash with her leaving the Prince with Clemont.

--2) A Cold , Rude and arrogant Boy like Paul who usually insult Ash & Clemont . But Whenever Serena show up , He act so Gentle ,Polite & Friendly that it creep Ash & Clemont Out.
I mean , Imagine a Paul-like Character acting Louvy-Douvy .

--3) A typical Playboy wanted Serena to be his 100th target . He use various funny plan to hit on Serena But Serena surprisingly seem oblivious from his intention and keep on misunderstanding his word.
So The playboy plan just kept on failing .
At the end , He find himself Falling in Love with Serena and vowing to steal her heart someday.
Example-

Playboy : Such an Beautiful aroma ! It must belong to a beautiful girl .

Serena : Aroma ! Oh , You probably mean this new Pokepuff I baked . Here you can have some

Playboy : huh .

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2016
Serena need some ridiculous yet Interesting trait. She's completely plain without her crush toward Ash .
I Think , Serena will be Interesting if she is treated like a Bishōjo that attract almost every Boy around her !
Like Mirai from Gundam Build fighter try.
This can create 3 interesting character --

--1) A typical Rich Boy/Prince who fallen for Serena after seeing her Pokevision . He tries to use his wealth to impress Ash however it usually backfire when Serena use most of his idea to get closer to Ash.
For example , The Prince build An Amusement Park to go on ''Tunnel Of Love'' with Serena But she drag Ash with her leaving the Prince with Clemont.

--2) A Cold , Rude and arrogant Boy like Paul who usually insult Ash & Clemont . But Whenever Serena show up , He act so Gentle ,Polite & Friendly that it creep Ash & Clemont Out.
I mean , Imagine a Paul-like Character acting Louvy-Douvy .

--3) A typical Playboy wanted Serena to be his 100th target . He use various funny plan to hit on Serena But Serena surprisingly seem oblivious from his intention and keep on misunderstanding his word.
So The playboy plan just kept on failing .
At the end , He find himself Falling in Love with Serena and vowing to steal her heart someday.
Example-

Playboy : Such an Beautiful aroma ! It must belong to a beautiful girl .

Serena : Aroma ! Oh , You probably mean this new Pokepuff I baked . Here you can have some

Playboy : huh .

Traits can ruin a character, and the Pokemon anime is no stranger to this, given their demographic focus and writing. If Serena really has to have some spark to her character, give her some friction between her and mother, some kind of friction between Misty or Iris (past traveling companions can't all magically get along with each other, just because each of them traveled with Ash one point in their life), or a Paul/Neji Hyuga-like rival, who isn't friendly at the least.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 3, 2014
I think the exact way you are thinking. I would love if ash and serena stick together for some years and then when ash marries her and when they will have a kid then they could show their kids adventure. But till now I would love if they stick together and if serena tells her feelings to ash that she likes him and then ash tells her that he feels the same and then they don't part their ways then it will be great. This is what I have been seeing on the Internet and a fan fiction said the same that she will tell her feelings to ash and then ash will tell her that he also likes her a lot and then they become girlfriend and boyfriend. It would be great if the same happens I think amour shipping is the best till date and it shall continue for a long time and they marry each other.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I think the exact way you are thinking. I would love if ash and serena stick together for some years and then when ash marries her and when they will have a kid then they could show their kids adventure. But till now I would love if they stick together and if serena tells her feelings to ash that she likes him and then ash tells her that he feels the same and then they don't part their ways then it will be great. This is what I have been seeing on the Internet and a fan fiction said the same that she will tell her feelings to ash and then ash will tell her that he also likes her a lot and then they become girlfriend and boyfriend. It would be great if the same happens I think amour shipping is the best till date and it shall continue for a long time and they marry each other.

A lot of shippers have said that before. Considering that starting with May (I'd say Misty, but Shudo mentioned in his blogs that was unplanned) they started swapping out girls for fresh meat in the next region, even in BW which had some new writers and a fresh start even by Pokémon standards (and not in a good way), they still replaced Iris, it is very likely that Serena, come Gen VII, is going to get the boot, also Bonnie and her brother.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 3, 2014
Hey Famon, you are 50% right. She is pretty shy and needs courage and confidence so that she can talk to ash about her feelings and get closer to him but really is it so easy in real life? Man they are just trying to make us think that it is a true world and they have succeeded in that everything feels real her emotions, her habits everything. I would even like if she discloses her feelings fast and they get closer but she will take time for that it's her personality nothing else. She is on the shyer side, and that is also because she loves him from so many years but never met from so long so it would take time.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2016
I think we are forgetting the most important thing about this anime. It was never about Ash having an assertive girlfriend to "keep him in line". She if you people argue that Serena is bland, let her stay bland. If you people say that Serena is sweet, let stay sweet. If Serena is underdeveloped and has no competive goal, let her stay underdeveloped with no competitive goal, because this series was never about Serena or any of the females who travel with Ash. For day one, this entire series was based on one major thing: .............the Pokémon!

All 150 (and more to see) of those Pokémon! Showcasing different brand-new Pokémon each week, and showing us the full extent of their abilities. They're what the series i s mainly about, they're what attracted us viewers in the first place, they're what kept the series interesting, they're what gave this entire franchise and our main protagonists a purpose, and they're what brought in the fun to begin with! However, you can't maintain that fun by having females like Misty and Iris cramp the series with their baggage (and you guys what Serena to be as bad as they are and have that on her rep sheet!?). Not to mention it attract all the wrong people for all the wrong reasons. On a side note, it's also about the de-facto main protagonist Ash, and his progession in rising up in the ranks until he finally becomes Pokémon Master.

However, because the writers decided to drag out each reason into multiple seasons in recent years, with padding, fluff, and pure filler, along with te dissapointment of only 69 new Pokémon (and no actual evolutions) this generation, we have little to work with. So that just leaves us with only one other alternative, focus more on Ash getting closer in becoming Pokémon Master.

In fact a region can be easily covered in one season, along with side-regions if there's enough time and left-over Pokemon left. But we do not need over-emphasis on troublesome girlfriends, poorly-done shipping, or other annoying characters, just to make a series last.

Just look at how bad Inuyasha was when they tried those methods of filler. But on topic, leave Serena be because her being a b**** is not a priority.

Back