• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kalos Warriors: Generation 6 fan club

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
to be honest i actually like Diancie though! ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ i think she and Carbink are actually quite cute. Hoopa i just... bah. i think it's because of his colour scheme and maybe his odd horns-with-earrings thing he's got going on. i don't know. sorry Hoopa.

hoopa be all like:

CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT

Honestly though, Hoopa's whole idea is pretty bleh. :( Not really sure what it's meant to be or how it was created. I'm sure plenty of people appreciate him/her but it's not something that screams out to me. It's like a Batoy with eyes and earrings, basically. On the contrary, Carbink's one of the most adorable things I've seen in X/Y. ^^ An awesome pokemon overall, it tells tanks to get shrekt and shows them how its done with 150 base defense. Respect well-deserved Carbink.

Diancie's a bit better than Hoopa! Honestly not a favourite of mine though. :( Each to their own, I guess?

One of my most favorite Kalos Pokémon would have to be Sylveon; it was the first fairy-type to be introduced, and is an Eeveelution. Many of us were wanting to see some new Eeveelution for a while, since there weren't any in generation five at all, and were pretty excited to see them deliver it; same goes for me! Alongside, I'm also a pretty huge fan of Chesnaught, due to how much of a tank it could make when it comes to battling and whatnot. Due to similar reasons, I'm also fond of Mega-Blastoise; in general, it's a gargantuan wall. At one point, it was able to withstand three Thunderbolt attacks for my team, which definitely did impress, especially considering that it's super-effective against electric-type moves!

As for least favorite, there is a couple, but right now, I suppose I would likely have to side with Volcanion; it seems sort of unrealistic to me. It's supposedly a combination of fire and water; while it does have features to make you understand it's former, there's nothing attached to its body that makes you go "hey, it's also a water-type" (or something along the lines), which disappoints me. If it weren't for this, I definitely would have liked it better.

Sylveon's also really cute. ^^ Probably one of my favourites out of the Eeveelutions and a great addition to sixth gen. Though honestly, I have trouble spelling its name half the time. Boo. :( But really, the pale colour shceme + ribbons and everything is perfect.

Had to take a look at Volcanion since I wasn't even aware of it being an actual thing (nice one self). I think it's really just fire/water because of its ability to produce steam. (at least that's what I think it does) so I guess the typing isn't too hard to grasp. It's certainly confusing though. :0 Also the random ring sticking out of it. Kinda awkward. :(

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
Name: Pumpjack
Partner:
mawile-mega.gif
Was tough to choose- but I've always liked Mawile, and it was fantastic to see it finally get a much-needed boost this Gen.

Favourite X/Y 'Mons: A tough question for each generation. Xerneas ranks pretty high on my list. Just very well designed on all levels; looks, lore, moveset- it instantly secured a place amongst my favourite Legendaries throughout the entire series.

Clawitzer is really cool, too. The Pistol Shrimp has always been awesome, but Clawitzer just took it to an entirely new level of awesome.

I'm also the only person on the planet who likes Barbaracle. It's kinda nostalgic for me- I can easily see it being a villain in some 80's-early 90's cartoon.

And Florges is gorgeous. What really cinched it for me was her adorable giggle in Amie.

UnFavourite X/Y 'Mons: The Slurpuff and Spritzee families, by a long shot. It's really mostly their designs- they're just so overwhelmingly type-cast and targeted to kids. But they don't even do that effectively, I find- they were aiming for cute- but I just think they're ugly.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Name: Pumpjack
Partner:
mawile-mega.gif
Was tough to choose- but I've always liked Mawile, and it was fantastic to see it finally get a much-needed boost this Gen.

Favourite X/Y 'Mons: A tough question for each generation. Xerneas ranks pretty high on my list. Just very well designed on all levels; looks, lore, moveset- it instantly secured a place amongst my favourite Legendaries throughout the entire series.

Clawitzer is really cool, too. The Pistol Shrimp has always been awesome, but Clawitzer just took it to an entirely new level of awesome.

I'm also the only person on the planet who likes Barbaracle. It's kinda nostalgic for me- I can easily see it being a villain in some 80's-early 90's cartoon.

And Florges is gorgeous. What really cinched it for me was her adorable giggle in Amie.

UnFavourite X/Y 'Mons: The Slurpuff and Spritzee families, by a long shot. It's really mostly their designs- they're just so overwhelmingly type-cast and targeted to kids. But they don't even do that effectively, I find- they were aiming for cute- but I just think they're ugly.

Welcome to the club. You're the first one to choose a Mega as a partner. Mawile definitely needed the boost, and it looks more frightful than ever. Xerneas is a beautiful Pokemon. Love its aura and its multi-colored horns.

Years
For my least favorite Kalos Pokémon, it'd have to be Dedenne. Its stats are terrible and it doesn't even get any good Fairy-type attacks. But more importantly i'm just sick of these Pikachu knock-offs. So yeah, that one by far.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I added the recent talked-about question to the OP. Be sure to answer it if you haven't.

Anyways, what does everyone think about the additional Mega evolutions? Do you want to see more roll out sometime? Who do you want to see gain a Mega evolution?

Years
Anyways, what does everyone think about the additional Mega evolutions?

I have to say, the new Megas in OR/AS are really great so far but here's my individual thoughts on them (spoilered due to long post):

Spoiler:

I would answer the other two Mega-related topics but I gotta shut down for now so my computer can install some updates that require a restart. I should get around to them when I post here again.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
What do you think about the additional megas?

I'm gonna assume you mean the ones released in X/Y? It'll take a bit trying to get through all of them so I'll give my opinion on some with a general impression of the ones left out. :o

My favourites out of all the mega forms released would be Mega Absol or Charizard Y. Both designs are amazing, hands down. Absol, a half-demon/half-angel while Charizard Y retains a natural sort of feel (unlike its counterpart) while still having decent detail added. Both of them were well-designed and probably have great battling capabilities to match. Though I honestly didn't use either since my team was full or already had both of its typings filled. ;v;

I think the last one I'll go into would be Mega Diancie seeing as it was the only sixth gen mon to receive a mega (even if its mega was mentioned in ORAS). I've said elsewhere that I'm not a fan of Diancie much but its mega is pretty impressive. ;v; Looks elegant enough to make me appreciate it a bit more! The huge pink cape flowing behind feels rather unneccessary but I guess it'd look too much like the original if it was removed.

Honestly though, most mega evolutions had added details that I thought weren't needed or ruined the original design. However, they all did exactly their intention - to make the mon look more powerful than its original form. An honourable mention of this would be something like Mawile or Blaziken's forms.

Hmm, about potential megas in the future that come from sixth gen, what about Talonflame? I've seen just about everyone use one and I think it'd be a really popular choice overall. And if this were to happen - we wouldn't want to leave any of the starters out either! I'd be most excited about Mega Chesnaught but I can already hear the Greninja hype train blowing full speed ahead. ;__; I'm sure I've probably missed a glaringly obvious choice for a new sixth gen mega but those are my two cents anyway. =P

Years
I have to say that I really like the Mega Evolutions that ORAS will be introducing. I don't have too much to say about them not already mentioned, but the one i'm most excited for is probably Mega Altaria, as a Dragon/Fairy-type sounds quite exciting. Mega Gallade is another i'm looking forward to, I wanted that to get one after Gardevoir did.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Username: Dedenne1
Partner pokemon: Mega Lopunny
Answer to current topic:
Who is your least favorite X/Y Pokemon and why?

Gorgeist. One we already had trevenant without Gorgeist we'd have room for other new pokes in gen 6. Also i dont like the different sizes it kinda makes sense but there should be 2 big and small supersize is terrible large has the same attack as supersize with a higher speed. And i bet 9/10 times people will go for large over any of these for the attack.

The rest i really like and gen 6 is definitely one of my favorite gens! ;)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: Dedenne1
Partner pokemon: Mega Lopunny
Answer to current topic:
Who is your least favorite X/Y Pokemon and why?

Gorgeist. One we already had trevenant without Gorgeist we'd have room for other new pokes in gen 6. Also i dont like the different sizes it kinda makes sense but there should be 2 big and small supersize is terrible large has the same attack as supersize with a higher speed. And i bet 9/10 times people will go for large over any of these for the attack.

The rest i really like and gen 6 is definitely one of my favorite gens! ;)

Welcome to the club. Awesome choice in Mega Lopunny. Can't wait til she is released so we can see her battle style. I actually like Gourgeist, mine has Trick-or-Treat, Phantom Force, Bullet Seed and Flamethrower. Love turning them into a Ghost-type then striking them with Phantom Force. Bullet Seed helps deal multiple blows too and Flamethrower for those Ice-types.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Welcome to the club. Awesome choice in Mega Lopunny. Can't wait til she is released so we can see her battle style. I actually like Gourgeist, mine has Trick-or-Treat, Phantom Force, Bullet Seed and Flamethrower. Love turning them into a Ghost-type then striking them with Phantom Force. Bullet Seed helps deal multiple blows too and Flamethrower for those Ice-types.

Haha thnx
As for Gorgeist im not saying its terrible delete it its just my least fav but i personally feel all the Kalos pokemon are great. But if i had to choose between trevenant and Gorgeist id choose trvenant

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Haha thnx
As for Gorgeist im not saying its terrible delete it its just my least fav but i personally feel all the Kalos pokemon are great. But if i had to choose between trevenant and Gorgeist id choose trvenant

I've had both on my team at one time before. Trevenant has Forest's Curse to turn the opponent into a Grass-type, and then I strike with Poison Jab after that. Wood Hammer and Phantom Force are its other moves, which work half the time.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I'm surprised more people haven't joined or talked about XY much, considering it's been a big deal in the Pokemon world for a year now.

Anyone excited for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire being released soon?

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
of course! in fact, maybe the impending ORAS release is the reason why the XY discussion has faded a bit? i'm still playing occasionally though, but mostly for breeding.

i'm actually a bit sad ORAS is coming out cause i think XY will get completely neglected then
( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ and it's sad, cause XY is my new favourite pokemon game! do you think you'll still be playing XY after ORAS' release?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yup, couldn't be any more excited even if I tried! I've been waiting for them to create Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald remakes for a decently long time, and now that it's finally happening, it's almost like a dream come true.

What I'm most excited about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire is their new characters; in one of the latest CoroCoro scans, they seem to have somebody in-middle, right beside Team Magma and Aqua admins, and wondering who that person might be. I believe it would be pretty unique if she were to take over Lance's role from anime, as disguise herself as either a grunt of Magma or Aqua to garner information and whatnot, all of which she would hand-over to player.

Also, I'm very happy with all mega-evolutions they are introducing so far. Personally, I quite like Mega-Swampert; its design seem to go along very nicely with the Pokémon, and it's also said to get some offensive boosts in terms of stats, which would be very helpful if we'd like to utilize Swampert as a sweeping of sorts when it comes to competitive battling. Alongside, I'm pretty fond of Mega-Sceptile as well; it's nice that they have decided to make it part dragon-type, because if you ask, it complements the Pokémon very well!

Years
Yes, you can most certainly bet I am indeed excited for these remakes. Even though Ruby and Sapphire are my second least favorite games in the series (due to things like training sucking, and my least favorite villainous team/rivals), that's really only based on mechanics, and I do love every game. So i'm sure these remakes will make my big problems I have with them today fixed and hopefully make for a very enjoyable time!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
One change I would like to see in these games from X and Y, perhaps, is Experience Share. Their Exp. Share item were great, and I personally loved it. Though, there were also people who didn't due to some reasons, and their options were to either keep it on, or disable completely. This time around, I believe it would be nice if they were able to incorporate some middle-ground, and allow us to choose which Pokémon of our team gain experience while battling and which don't. This gives us more freedom in general, and the more we have of it, I feel, the better!

Years
Good point there Ashley, but it was already confirmed the Exp. Share will be retaining the same format as X/Y so yeah, bad luck for those who wanted a more challenging game but they can find other ways to get the challenge they want.

I know how much I am hyped for these games, given Ruby & Sapphire was where I started playing the games and I even want to try and make some nostalgic tie-ins with my original game, such as resetting for a female Mudkip to replicate the one I had in Ruby, which I somehow got on the first go in that game before I even knew of the rarity and how valuable female starters were.

And just imagine a female Mega Swampert... that is definitely up my alley. I also plan to throw some nostalgic tie-ins with my new team but also mix it up with things I didn't use the first time around.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It probably wouldn't matter much in long run, but if you think about it, a female Mega-Swampert would indeed be a bit disturbing. D= It seems very muscular, and its general appearance likely wouldn't complement that. I believe it would have been nice if they were to create another design for female ones specifically, with less bulk and more leanness. Perhaps they could've had it have some separate stat changes as well; this'd give us reason as to why we could sometimes be willing to pick female Mega-Swampert over male, I imagine.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Mega Rayquaza is the most powerful Pokemon in history, due to its stats, new move named Dragon Ascent and its Delta Stream ability. It's almost unbeatable and doesn't need a Mega Stone to change form. It's on the forbidden/banned list on various Pokemon sites.

Back