• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fossil Pokemon

Whoomay

Hand me a bottle of Rum mate!
Years
I did not know where to post this and i am sorry if this is not the right place to post stuff like this!
My fave species of Pokemon are fossil Pokemon and thats why i wanted to ask you guys what is your fave fossil Pokemon? Mine is Archeops!

Gimme ur opinion!

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
It should be the right place to post, correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Personally, my favourite would be Aerodactyl. It's got a really sleek design, and it's no slouch competitively either. It's also one of the few who got a Mega, and has a sky high attack stat that basically demolishes anything that dosen't resist it. My favourite fossil Pokemon hands down.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Aurorus. Its typing may be one of the worst in the game, but its design, as well as its pre-evolution, looks too cute. x) I also love the concept behind its design. The fact that the fins on its back glow depending on its mood is adorable.

Years
I think Carracosta or Tyrantrum would be my personal favorite if I had to choose. The former has a nice balance of stats and can use Shell Smash (even if its Speed sucks), and the latter is super strong even if its weaknesses are abundant. I really hope Rock Head Tyrunt gets released sometime in the future, that would be super fun to use.

I've never used Archeops seriously, but that one is another I like.

pkmin3033

Bastiodon is easily my favourite fossil Pokemon, and one of my favourite Pokemon. It's a steel dinosaur bulldozer/battering ram. I wouldn't use it on a competitive team, but I find the design of it really appealing.

...as an aside note, Byron's debut episode in the dub anime is easily one of my favourite episodes ever. xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've always been pretty fond of Bastidon; its head seems to resemble a shield, which, I believe, is pretty unique, considering the amount of bulk and defenses it carries. Together, these allow it to withstand more hits than normal, similarly to how shield would protect you from being struck by foes if you had any. if that makes sense! Very creative.

Only thing I'm disappointed by, however, is that aside from defenses, rest of stats are pretty low, such as Attack, Special Attack, and Speed, which makes it sort of tough to utilize when it comes to battling. If it weren't for this, people would have been using this Pokémon more, and it would have been a lot more popular overall. Hope they fix it at some point, by perhaps giving it a mega-evolution form!

As for second, I would have to go with Kabutops. Its scissor-like arms are very cool, and while battling, it could be pretty viable on rain teams. Have used it once or twice before, and it seemed to be pretty impressing.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I'm going with Kabutops on appearance and stats, it looks intimidating and it can tear you apart with no problem. Although it does lose some points because it can't learn Earthquake...

Years
If it weren't for Archeops' Defeatist ability, it would not only be my favorite of the fossil Pokemon, but probably in my top 10 overall. It's got pretty good Attack and Sp. Attack stats for a Flying type Pokemon, plus a pretty wide array of moves, but its base stats drop to levels of unevolved Pokemon when its HP drops below 50%, making it hard to use.

Other than that, I really like Amaura/Aurorus from the little that I've used it. If we do get a sequel to X/Y (or I just decide to replay Y again), I'll probably make an Aurorus one of the main Pokemon in my party.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Tyrantrum master race.

Bastiodon is also pretty cool. Its head resembles a fortress. The problem is there's few means of doing damage and its defensive typing isn't very good.

Years
I'm never usually a fan of most fossil Pokemon, but Amaura and Aurorus are really beautiful so they definitely win for me design-wise despite all those nasty weaknesses they have.

The Unova fossils get a nod as well due to their strength, in fact I remember one Little Cup Random battle I did on PC's battle server where I swept my opponent's team with a Tirtouga. Shell Smash is just so dangerous on that turtle lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
My favorite fossil Pokemon has always been Lileep and Cradily. I just love their designs. Also, Cradily can be a monster in battle if you use it right. Always has been one of my favorite Pokemon.

Years
I LOVE The Unova Fossils soo much! They brought a Generation 5 Aerodactyl that looks really wild and . . I JUST CAN'T SAY IT! Carracosta is my favorite Fossil Pokemon of all-time! Shell Smash + Waterfall/Aqua Jet = KAPOW! I'm kinda surprised that Omastar isn't anywhere here lol. ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY HELIX!

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Carracosta is definitely a decent Pokemon and is one of my favourites, because it ties in with the entire fossil theme/design really well. If you've ever played Little Cup/LC (check Smogon to find out more about it if you wish), Tirtouga really shines like it's evolution. Aqua Jet can murder anything that dosen't resist it after a single Shell Smash boost, due to the fact that it gets x2 + STAB + Priority. A sole, albeit 4x weakness to Grass isn't the greatest but it's not too bad either.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Honestly I can't say I've ever loved a fossil pokemon, but I've come close a few times.

My favourite fossil is probably Cradily.

Cradily > Aerodactyl > Aurorus > Carracosta > Archeops > Omastar > Armaldo > Tyrantrum > Kabutops > Rampardos > Bastiodon

I really don't like Bastiodon, I've always thought he looked incredibly awkward.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd completely forgotten that Aerodactyl exists, haha. Though, it's definitely one of the better fossil Pokémon out there, in my opinion. With its high-speed, it's able to out run almost any opponent; even though its defensive stats aren't that great, it has access to some viable moves in competitive battling, such as Stealth Rock, which many people utilize this Pokémon, I believe, and so do I (at least used to).

Haven't given its mega-evolution form a try yet, but judging from its stats and whatnot, it would likely be more useful offensively; hopefully, it does live up!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I'm honestly a fan of each and every fossil pokemon. You name it, I like it. So the question's like asking a mother to pick from their favourite child, it's almost impossible. ;__;

However I think out of all of them - Aerodactyl would definitely be in the top three, if not first place. I love prehistoric stuff and pterodactyls were always my favourite animal apart from lions, wolves and dogs. Seeing one in pokemon sent me over the clouds.If I had to pinpoint it, I'd say that I love everything about Aerodactyl's design. The simplicity, the roughness, the body structure, it's all amazing stuff. And unlike other dinosaur birds, it doesn't have the burden of Defeatist either. So yay for the finishing potential and 'dem snipes' all day long. 8)

Though now that I think about it, Armaldo and Kabutops are close contenders as well. :( I really don't want to choose out of all of them but for the sake of it, I'll just say that Aerodactyl is my favourite. Or Rampardos. Hmm.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I actually quite like a few of them! My most notable favourites stem from Generation I. Kabutops looks seriously cool and can be a beast of a Pokemon on the battlefield. I love Omastar for similar reasons specifically its move pool. I also really like Cranidos/Rampardos and Armaldo. Cradily too is an awesome Pokemon!

I'm not too much of a fan of the later generation (V and VI) fossil Pokemon though. I don't know, I think their designs have gotten a bit too weird for me.

Kabutops > Omastar > Aerodactyl > Rampados > Armaldo > Cradily > Bastiodon > Tyrantrum > Archeops > Carracosta > Aurorus

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I know they've already introduced mega-evolution for one fossil Pokémon--Aerodactyl--but it should be interesting to see them give these forms to all the rest.

One I'm hoping to see is Mega-Bastidon, due to reasons I've stated in one of my previous posts; alongside, I'm also looking forward to some mega form for Rampados. When it comes to competitive, it makes a great attacker, but it taken down within seconds due to it having low defenses and whatnot. If it does get a mega-evolution at some point in future, it'll hopefully gain boost in terms of those stats.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
tumblr_n1i7boISUv1rvlenbo1_500.gif

Praise Lord Helix.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I will love Cradily forever. I've actually really liked a majority of the fossils, but Cradily has been my favorite since I used it. I think Lileep is absolutely adorable and together they're both very unique. I'm a little biased since they're dual grass types too tehe

Only ones I don't care for too much are Armaldo, Rampardos, and Carracosta is iffy to me, but we'll see if that changes once I get around to using it.

Last edited:
Back