• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2014
I just got Pokemon X a couple days ago and I'm really sad that I missed the Special torchic a long time ago. Is it possible to get a Torchic holding a Blazikenite with a Hidden Ability?

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
I just got Pokemon X a couple days ago and I'm really sad that I missed the Special torchic a long time ago. Is it possible to get a Torchic holding a Blazikenite with a Hidden Ability?

It's possible but not through an event. You'll have to trade with other people to get these. The hidden ability torchic is simple to obtain if you just ask around the trade forum, but the blazikenite might be a little trickier.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2014
It's possible but not through an event. You'll have to trade with other people to get these. The hidden ability torchic is simple to obtain if you just ask around the trade forum, but the blazikenite might be a little trickier.

Oh thanks! Do you know anyone who has more than one blazikenite?

Chinard; 1607-4151-9653

I added you thanks!

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Oh thanks! Do you know anyone who has more than one blazikenite?

Chinard; 1607-4151-9653

I added you thanks!

Well, I (as Im sure a few other people ont he boards) had both X AND Y and whenever an event like this comes out, we get duplicates of every event (one for us, one for trades) and I just so happen to have an extra event Torchic holding it's Blazikenite as well as an additional Blazikenite as well. The problem is while I do have it specifically for trades, you just started your game so you probably don't have much yet to trade with, however, I'm sure that there will be others on the boards who also have the stones to trade

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
IS THERE ANY F-ING WAY TO PERMANENTLY PREVENT CONFUSION VIA A HOLD ITEM?!!?!?

Sorry for the caps lock, but holy frick I am frustrated! I just spent 20 minutes in a horde battle with Wingulls trying to find one with Rain Dish. I skill swapped each one to find out which one might have the ability but as if Horde battles weren't horrendously tedious and boring as it is, when all 5 of them are using Supersonic and it takes 10 turns per Wingull to use Skill Swap ONCE I'm ready to start punching the 3DS in it's non existent face! (10 turns per wingull is an exaggeration, but it was a lot, and when I'm constantly confused and constantly attacking myself and constantly having to bring myself back to life, it's an extreme excerice is tedium)

SO is there any item that permanently prevents confusion? I have the berry, but healing myself from confusion once doesn't help the remaining 4 wingulls using the confusion move on me. And I don't have anything at the moment with Own Tempo and Skill Swap, so that's not an option.

Unfortunately, no, there currently isn't an item which helps you to prevent confusion... I know how frustrating this can be... I immediately thought about the ability Own Tempo, but like you already said you don't have any Pokemon atm with this ability (I suppose?).

Best thing maybe is to try catch some Pokemon with the Own Tempo ability perhaps? Just to avoid these frustrations confusion causes? For example, Slowpoke line, Spoink line and Bergmite line have the ability Own Tempo :) It's currently the only thing in-game that helps you to prevent confusion...

If only the Persim Band from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series somehow made a return... That would be a great Held Item to prevent confusion :x

Anyway good luck with this, I hope you can do something about it! ;)

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
is there any way to do accent characters when giving pokemon nicknames? I am playing in English by the way.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Breeding question again, how can you breed a timburr to get both egg moves mach punch and drain punch on a 5th gen. game?

breed Mach Punch onto one, then teach Drain punch to it via move Tutor (in Black 2 or white 2) and then you can breed as needed

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
breed Mach Punch onto one, then teach Drain punch to it via move Tutor (in Black 2 or white 2) and then you can breed as needed

I read I will need to go back to gen. 4 for both moves to be obtained, is that info wrong?

Read this:
When it comes to breeding, remember only the males can pass on Egg Moves.

Unfortunately, as of now, there is no legitimate way for you to get both Mach Punch and Drain Punch onto a Timburr.

Drain Punch can be bred from Mienfoo, Mienshao, Meditite, Medicham, Croagunk, and Toxicroak.
Mach Punch can be bred from Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Magmar, Hitmontop, Monferno, Infernape, and Magmortar.

As you can see, there is no overlap, which means that both moves cannot coexist on the same Timburr.

Edit:
I stand corrected.

You'll have to cross generations. As Fire Warrior stated. Teach Hitmonchan TM60 in the previous generation than transfer him over.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I read I will need to go back to gen. 4 for both moves to be obtained, is that info wrong?

Read this:
When it comes to breeding, remember only the males can pass on Egg Moves.

Unfortunately, as of now, there is no legitimate way for you to get both Mach Punch and Drain Punch onto a Timburr.

Drain Punch can be bred from Mienfoo, Mienshao, Meditite, Medicham, Croagunk, and Toxicroak.
Mach Punch can be bred from Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Magmar, Hitmontop, Monferno, Infernape, and Magmortar.

As you can see, there is no overlap, which means that both moves cannot coexist on the same Timburr.

Edit:
I stand corrected.

You'll have to cross generations. As Fire Warrior stated. Teach Hitmonchan TM60 in the previous generation than transfer him over.

I got the info from Serebii: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/egg/532.shtml#machpunch

Drain Punch is a Move Tutor move in Gen 5 (in Black and White 2 to be specific) and Mach Punch is a level up move in BW and B2W2 to Hitmonchan and Monferno and Infernape, I'm not sure why someone says it's not possibel in gen 5, it could very well be impossible in Black and White, but with teh move tutor in B2W2 (specifically in Humilau city using 10 Yellow Shards in fact) it's not impossible at all for it to have both moves in gen 5: http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/movetutor.shtml

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
is there any way to do accent characters when giving pokemon nicknames? I am playing in English by the way.
You can do an E or e with some accent mark, but that's it, it seems. Would the list of letters change if you switched to another language, like French? If it does, you could do that, name the Pokemon with the accent mark letters, then switch back to English.

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
Years
Is Scatterbug worth training?

I see that Scatterbug learns bug bite at level 15 should I train it to level 15 until it learns that move or does it not really matter?

also is Vivillion worth having on my team? I really love it's design and I'm just curious if it's any good?

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
It's surprisingly good, in-game, at least.

But with such poor defenses and not-bad-but-not-great speed, I'm afraid the little bug will get squished in the competitive arena.

As for Bug Bite, it's a trade-off between it and Struggle Bug. Struggle Bug is definitely more useful in-game, but go for Bug Bite if you want to make it competitive.

It's a good bug- but it's a bug- and so it suffers from bug stats. Great for early to mid game, but it's gonna have trouble surviving. It has Powder to contend with Fire, but the usual Bug/Flying combo means that any Rocks are gonna have it out before it even has time to sneeze.

I love Vivillon too, but keep it away from serious competitions. Casual battles that are just for fun should be fine, though.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 28, 2015
Enigma berry?

I have read that basically this wasn't released outside of a prior special event awhile back. Is there anyone on here that would be willing to part with one? I'm not entirely sure how people trade for this kind of thing so I didn't post it in the trade section.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I have read that basically this wasn't released outside of a prior special event awhile back. Is there anyone on here that would be willing to part with one? I'm not entirely sure how people trade for this kind of thing so I didn't post it in the trade section.
My suggestion would be to try the Items Quick Trade thread down in the Trade Corner. It's easy enough to grow more of a berry once you have one, so I'm sure there'll be someone down there willing to give you one.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 28, 2015
My suggestion would be to try the Items Quick Trade thread down in the Trade Corner. It's easy enough to grow more of a berry once you have one, so I'm sure there'll be someone down there willing to give you one.

Nice, thanks for the merge. I try not to clutter forums but wasn't entirely sure where to ask that question and I didn't see that portion of the forum subcategories. I appreciate the help.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I got the info from Serebii: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/egg/532.shtml#machpunch

Drain Punch is a Move Tutor move in Gen 5 (in Black and White 2 to be specific) and Mach Punch is a level up move in BW and B2W2 to Hitmonchan and Monferno and Infernape, I'm not sure why someone says it's not possibel in gen 5, it could very well be impossible in Black and White, but with teh move tutor in B2W2 (specifically in Humilau city using 10 Yellow Shards in fact) it's not impossible at all for it to have both moves in gen 5: http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/movetutor.shtml

Thanks for the correct info on this, haven't bred in awhile and forgot about using serebii for some reason.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Ok another issue, I am trying to trade for a diancie and it keeps saying there is a pokemon in the other trainers party that cannot be traded, any answers as to why?

the "other trainer's party" pokemon probably is in their current team and has an HM move. :/

Years
Team Flare NPC somewhere mentions it being several million P$ to buy a Team Flare suit (why?). Is it possible to buy one? Or is it like the Slowpoke tails guy from Johto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back