• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you still play the fifth generation games?

Years
I've never restarted my Black or White 2 games because I think after playing solidly through two Unova games in succession when they were released I kind of had my fill of them, plus if I ever get the urge to play through an earlier generation game its usually 4th gen, I just prefer the stories etc. on those games.

Nowadays I'll only really play 5th gen to catch legendaries I didn't know about but that's not to say I'll never replay either game, it's just with ORAS coming up and my preference for the other generations it'll probably be a long time before I get the urge to do so.

Years
Answering the main question (duh).

Honestly I've beaten only 6 Gyms at my first White playthrough and I decided to end here, so yeah I don't play the 5th Gen anymore. It's my least favorite Gen and my least favorite region.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Well, I actually just picked up my Black 2 version today, because it turns out I hadn't finished my replay of it! I think I was close to being done, then I fell asleep without saving my 3DS and I didn't want to redo fighting Team Plasma so I put the game down for a long time, haha.

Years
I wanted to explore Unova again but my Black 2 save file corrupted, so I started a new save file on White 2 (even though it's my lesser fave of the sequels) and now I have 5 Gym Badges and training up for Skyla.

I might usually play it when I get bored with my X.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
Years
Yup, I still play them too. Im planning to do a nuzloke on Black 2 :P

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
Years
It's been nearly two years since I played a gen v game. Aside from a few Pokemon I find cool, I don't really think too highly of gen v.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I haven't in about a year or so. I lost my White copy and haven't been motivated to get a new one haha. I might give them a go again soon, but it will be after I play through ORAS.

Years
So I pulled out my main White 2 version earlier today, and decided to bust out one of my Black 2 copies (the one I did Time Warp on last month, that I did the after-game stuff not documented here) and do some Funfest missions. Since I had none completed on that Black 2 version, I was able to get in some nice opportunities. I did a whole bunch, and got my Black Entree Level on the Entralink from Level 19 to Level 30 in the course of one evening. I still have my White Entree Level to take care of, which is only Level 10 but I have another White 2 version that's untouched with the Entralink so I can take that up and hopefully work my way up from there, not to mention my main game still has a few unfinished levels to take. I will get that White Card. Just shows the game still has its charm to me (:

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
Years
I'm still playing through post game on my copy of black2 and catching legendaries and getting some pokemon to transfer over to my copy of x. :3

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
I played it long time ago and after i finish the game, i straightly delete the ROM without thinking...i'm trying to download it again and experience back the Unova region...i can't wait to play it again (i'm currently downloading it)..

Years
I'm sure I will replay Gen V sometime, as it was my first generation, but I was going to replay White 2 solely for the Pokedex, but I was unmotivated and I still haven't replayed White 2. I've beaten the Pokemon League on both Black 2 and White, so those files won't be deleted, making Black and White 2 the only Gen V games I would replay.

RetroFanatic

Warlock
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
I might have to if I wanna get that Shiny Haxorus. A few pokémon might be tricky to get since I've transfered all my important ones already.

Years
Just ran back through White and then Black 2 as a bit of a time-killer. I have to say, while the Gym Leaders and Plasma as a whole were great, it's just not holding up to repeat playthroughs as well as some of the other generations. Kinda says something that I put it down for a couple days and nearly forgot I had a file in progress.

So yes, I have, but probably not again.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Hmm well the games were o..k... my least fav was prob sinnoh but this is second I do go back to get some shinies cause I have a shiny charm in the games and I go back for some challenges but not as much as the other games the storyline kinda bored me

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I've just recently finished another playthrough of White 2. It's fun once in a while, especially after playing X for a long time. Also I haven't even finished all the Pokewood minigames so there's still a couple things to do.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Well, sort of. I completed Black 2 today finally for the first time, at least, I beat the Pokemon League. I don't really plan to do any of the post-game, besides maybe revisit it in a while and get legendaries and such. I also didn't complete the post-game for White, because at the time I beat it I was still working on completing my National Dex in SoulSilver, and shortly after that X&Y came out and then I played through X up until the League and put it down to finish the natdex. Finally when I got that done I started to finish up playing through B2, but it'll be a while before I bother with the postgames of either. I'm transferring the 1k+ pokemon I had in my 4th gen boxes to 5th gen and then to X right now, so beating them enough to get to the transfer lab was necessary. Someday I'll go back, but probably not soon.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
I'm actually going to play my White2 game again after I finish Pokemon Y, mainly because every now and then it's fun to play the previous Pokemon games, and also to kill time while waiting for ORAS. :3

But I'm looking forward nonetheless to play the Generation 5 game(s) again actually ^_^

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Yes! As a matter of fact, I tend to go back to previous generations simply because I found X and Y to be rather lacking in content. The 5th gens are the ones I return to the most. Right now, I'm trying to get complete everything in Black 2, from the Medals to finishing all of the Pokéstar Studio movies. Not only it helps kill some time, but it's also really fun! Especially collecting all of the Pokémon. Collecting these elemental creatures is more fun than it is in X and Y.

Back