• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Avengers: Age of Ultron

pkmin3033

Well, since the first trailer has just been released and there isn't a topic for this movie yet, I figured I'd start one! So, what are you thoughts/hopes/expectations for the next Marvel movie? What did you think of the trailer?

As a fan of the comics, I'm looking forward to it! Age of Ultron isn't even close to being one of my favourite storylines, but it's still a damn good story and I'm looking forward to the cinematic interpretation of it. I'm curious to see what they'll do with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch - the latter especially, given her terrifying, almost Phoenix-level powers in the comics - and...damnit, why is there no Vision in that trailer?!

I am totally fine with Tony Stark being behind Ultron, rather than Hank Pym. Not only because I really don't care for Ant-Man as a character (needless to say, I am not pleased he's getting his own movie after this) but because...well, it wouldn't really make any sense. It'd set up the Ant Man movie nicely, but I can't say I really care. xD

I was a little worried James Spader wasn't going to be much of an Ultron, but the few lines of dialogue he had in the trailer have convinced me otherwise...

tl;dr - I want the end of April, and I want it now. Putting a trailer for this up this early is just cruel.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Just recently read the Ultron arc a few weeks ago and now this pops up? Stop teasing me Marvel.

I'm such a huge fan of the Marvel Universe and tbh, at first I was disappointed that Ant-Man wasn't the creator of Ultron, but they didn't even show Ant-Man (Not until his movie is coming out). So the idea of Stark being the creator doesn't really bother me since iirc, it was also Stark that helped Pym create Ultron. Also.. Y U NO SHOW VISION!? Such an awesome character! You cannot, I repeat, you CANNOT do a Ultron trailer without Vision in it, it's blasphemy! :D

I'm really hyped about this movie :)

Years
I saw the trailer last night and was speechless, it looks better than the first movie in terms of tone, plot, and SFX. While I did get a bit of a transformers vibe from Ultron in terms of how he was designed, ( He looks like the one from AoE) Spader's voice work and the quality of the special effects are insanely good. The broken Captain America shield makes me pretty nervous though, haha. And I have a feeling that the Hulkbuster suit Vs. The Hulk may be the highlight of the movie. Can't wait.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Are we sure this isn't a trailer for a new Dark Knight movie? Cause its way too serious for the camp awesomeness that the first avengers portrayed. Either way, hyped as hell, especially after catching up on the MCU. I wanna see what they're gonna do with stark.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm very excited to see Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver join their crew! They'll be portrayed as villains at first, or so I've heard, and it'll be interesting to see how they transition into heroes. Only thing I dislike is their father not having much chance of being mentioned (due to him being a larger player in X-Men and whatnot), which sort of sucks.

The broken Captain America shield makes me pretty nervous though, haha.

According to reports I've been reading, this could possibly be a way for them to introduce Black Panther into MCU, haha. Where he resides, which is somewhere in Africa, I believe, there is a special, super-strong form of metal (can't really put my finger on its name), and it was used to build Captain's shield. If it's broken, there some chance that they might be revisiting the place, where Rogers will be running into Panther.

Either this, or maybe it could signify Steve's death? There's another Captain America film coming up, but that doesn't mean Steve Rogers can't die; he might be able pass his role onto someone else before doing so, similarly to how things were done in comics.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm very excited to see Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver join their crew! They'll be portrayed as villains at first, or so I've heard, and it'll be interesting to see how they transition into heroes. Only thing I dislike is their father not having much chance of being mentioned (due to him being a larger player in X-Men and whatnot), which sort of sucks.

According to reports I've been reading, this could possibly be a way for them to introduce Black Panther into MCU, haha. Where he resides, which is somewhere in Africa, I believe, there is a special, super-strong form of metal (can't really put my finger on its name), and it was used to build Captain's shield. If it's broken, there some chance that they might be revisiting the place, where Rogers will be running into Panther.

Either this, or maybe it could signify Steve's death? There's another Captain America film coming up, but that doesn't mean Steve Rogers can't die; he might be able pass his role onto someone else before doing so, similarly to how things were done in comics.

The metal is called Vibranium iirc. Ores found on the native island of Black Panther 'Wakanda'.

And Steve Rogers won't die in the Avenger 2, because in Captain America 3, the main plot will be
Spoiler:

So I'm betting that the broken shield means a visit to Wakanda. Also there's been talks about Andy Sarkis' supporting role in The Avengers 2. People say he's going to be a supporting actor for the Black Panther and such. Not much is revealed yet until we see another trailer!

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Just recently read the Ultron arc a few weeks ago and now this pops up? Stop teasing me Marvel.

I'm such a huge fan of the Marvel Universe and tbh, at first I was disappointed that Ant-Man wasn't the creator of Ultron, but they didn't even show Ant-Man (Not until his movie is coming out). So the idea of Stark being the creator doesn't really bother me since iirc, it was also Stark that helped Pym create Ultron. Also.. Y U NO SHOW VISION!? Such an awesome character! You cannot, I repeat, you CANNOT do a Ultron trailer without Vision in it, it's blasphemy! :D

I'm really hyped about this movie :)

From what I gather, he's being saved as a ~surprise~ for casual viewers for during the movie. I may be wrong though.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
From what I gather, he's being saved as a ~surprise~ for casual viewers for during the movie. I may be wrong though.

Casual viewers, you mean as people who don't really look into the Marvel universe and such? Because not most people would know Vision, only those Marvel fans and who knows about the Ultron arc. Unless you meant that it's a surprise for the Marvel fans. Or I'm totally getting this wrong.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Casual viewers, you mean as people who don't really look into the Marvel universe and such? Because not most people would know Vision, only those Marvel fans and who knows about the Ultron arc. Unless you meant that it's a surprise for the Marvel fans. Or I'm totally getting this wrong.

I mean in a surprise "oh who is this coming in and [expletive] things up without warning?" kind of way. :P

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
But even if they showed him in the trailers, most casual Marvel movie go-ers would be like who the heck is this dude? While Marvel fans will be like "THAT'S MA BWOI VISION YO" :P

But yea, I was disappointed to not see Vision in the trailer, but in the same time, I'm not. Because when he will first appear in the movie, I'm pretty sure it will be epic :D

Back