• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

GliscorFan08

Champion Of Kanto
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 26, 2019
I've been reading here, and Walkthough Walls doesn't mess up the game. I used it for the complicated puzzles like that cave near the Safari Zone (what's that anyways? Can you even go there?).

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
I've been reading here, and Walkthough Walls doesn't mess up the game. I used it for the complicated puzzles like that cave near the Safari Zone (what's that anyways? Can you even go there?).

For most people, it renders the game unplayable due to glitches. It seems you're one of the lucky few.

Hello all...gee it was a long time since I posted :P
Anyway, Cutlerine, I made fan-art about Rockitfule but my USB camera has bad quality so I can't post it <:P ........

How do we do Snakewood achievements #58 and 59? It's already in black but I'm out of leads...

#59 is done when you defeat Chloe in Lilycove. #58... shouldn't be in black. That's my mistake.

Oh, and what is Rockitfule? It sounds familiar, and I'm sure it must be in Snakewood somewhere, but I can't place it.

Selerbi

Time Traveler
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 3, 2015
The right side is indeed confusing. Surfing around there is good Training material.

In Pacifidlog itself is a Gym. This should be challenged, and contains possibly the most challenging puzzle in the game. Real puzzle, that is, not just a maze. It's like a cryptic crossword clue.

Haha I didnt notice that the gym is above, thanks a lot!

HackHackHack

Alias RayFlame
Years
For most people, it renders the game unplayable due to glitches. It seems you're one of the lucky few.

#59 is done when you defeat Chloe in Lilycove. #58... shouldn't be in black. That's my mistake.

Oh, and what is Rockitfule? It sounds familiar, and I'm sure it must be in Snakewood somewhere, but I can't place it.

Rockitfule is the liquor that shortens your life by one gulp, that is when you reached the Necropolis maze(the part with the half visible maze)

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2011
I can't patch

When I patch it, I either get a white screen or I get the professor talking in some weird language (not english) and then my emulator crashes.

I'm using gpSPhone.

Years
Sorry if this is an eyesore...

Hello. This is my first post on pokecommunity, and I would like to say Pokemon Snakewood is WAY better than most official pokemon games. Ive been playing for the past week and it is hands down amazing. Anyway, if possible, could someone please list all the fakemon (madios, evolutions, etc.) in the game & how to get them, or at least that they have found? I know its a big request, but ive been losing sleep every night after school just tryin to find them all. Oh, and to the person above, I dont think you can play snakewood on the iphone. Did you use a clean (unchanged) rom for patching?

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
When I patch it, I either get a white screen or I get the professor talking in some weird language (not english) and then my emulator crashes.

I'm using gpSPhone.

That is weird, especially if you used an English-language ROM. Which you should have done, if you didn't - though I'm sure you did.

Bleargh. That sentence was too confusing. Let me start again:

Try another ROM, making sure it's a clean, English-language one.

There. That was clearer.

Also, I'm not entirely sure if Snakewood likes gpSPhone. It's a very capricious game, as many players can attest. It's probably a result of it being a rolling beta, as it were.

Oh, and poker123? Thank you for your support. It's always appreciated.

PirateJackie

Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2011
During the Boardroom part you can face the Deadly Seven on the other side of the table as much as you want as long as you don't go past them and face those two trainers and you go all the way back to the start of the Boardroom.

Sorry if this has been reported before (Didn't see it on the main post and don't feel like going through pages of replies) or if it isn't a bug at all.

Lovely game by the way.

Cutlerine

Years
after beating pacifidlog gym What should I do?

Go to Sundance Rock. Search the thread for clues as to where it is.

During the Boardroom part you can face the Deadly Seven on the other side of the table as much as you want as long as you don't go past them and face those two trainers and you go all the way back to the start of the Boardroom.

Sorry if this has been reported before (Didn't see it on the main post and don't feel like going through pages of replies) or if it isn't a bug at all.

Lovely game by the way.

Thank you, and I'm aware of this. It's due to the fact that the trainer battles for the Deadly Seven are used three times in the Island of Calm, so I devised a needlessly complex method to allow this to happen instead of just making new battles. But most people don't pick up on it, so I thought I wouldn't mention it. So, ssh! It's a secret...

PirateJackie

Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2011
My fault for always having a habit of backtracking in games I guess, haha.

Also, been playing through the game and just got Rock Smash, so before going into the desert I decided to backtrack to other spots that I remembered had breakable rocks and ended up in Meteor Falls and tried talking to the Zombies up the hill only to have my screen flashed with strange colors, just wondering if this is normal, or if the rom I am using is messed up somehow.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2013
I'm stuck where you battle the level 80 shadow thing. I've tried and tried and tried and tried, but I can't pass it. :(

PirateJackie

Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2011
While it is possible to kill it when you face it then, you aren't supposed to. You need to go around it by using the warp pads. I forget exactly how you get around it, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out on your own with some testing.

Ninjasaur101

Grovyle Tamer
Years
How do you make it work? Idk how, I have a Mac btw, with a mac VBA.

And what I mean by work is how to patch the ruby rom.

Last edited by a moderator:

PirateJackie

Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2011
Another glitch that I am not sure has been reported before.

Spoiler:

Anyway, on another note since I just beat the main storyline there was a few opinions I had.

I was disappointed by how the Four Horsemen just sort of disappear mid-way through the story and are never talked about again save for once or twice.

Difficulty seemed a little erratic at times going from easy to hard. Mostly because of so many heal points throughout the game. I wouldn't have minded a few spots in the game that acted like gauntlets besides the Elite 4.

I disliked the player character's dialogue at times. But that is a purely personal opinion. I am sure everyone has different opinions about the player character's dialogue.

Besides that I had quite a bit of fun solving your puzzles and getting your references. Though I mostly lucked out on your mazes and puzzles. Took a good 30 minutes or so to beat the boardroom, had a chikuwa from that thing near the monks and bought everything the chef had just in case I needed any of them down the road, knew I needed a Magnemite for the elevator, but happened to catch a Ditto before getting to the warp pad, got lucky in the madio cave, and got even luckier in the super trick room, but all in all had fun with them. You did trick me once though, when I returned to the Island of Calm to get Chikorita and remembered seeing a Phanpy on one of the spawn tiles which I didn't catch at the time, and then I remembered Shadowu (spelling that wrong I know) and thought I would catch him only to find he didn't spawn anymore. Got a "Aw, darn it." outta me when it happened.

Speaking of which, besides Phanpy do any other hidden Pokemon spawn on those tiles? A simple yes or no will work since I would rather search all the tiles knowing I am going to find something instead of searching all of them and not finding something.

Cutlerine

Years
Speaking of which, besides Phanpy do any other hidden Pokemon spawn on those tiles? A simple yes or no will work since I would rather search all the tiles knowing I am going to find something instead of searching all of them and not finding something.

Phanpy's not hidden. They're just uncommon. There are some hidden things though - but be warned, because they only spawn once, and it's the only chance you get to catch them.

And thanks for all your feedback. Snakewood's story is supposed to be riddled with inconsistency and nonsensicality - the plot stands up to no serious analysis at all -and I would advise you not to think about it too deeply, especially about the way it changes abruptly after the Four Horsemen disappear in Meteor Falls.

As for the rest, I accept all your criticisms, and appreciate that the game is riddled with errors, bugs, weird difficulty mixes and other strange stuff that doesn't really fit. This is because making Snakewood has been a way to teach myself how to do all of this stuff; for the same reason, it's unlikely to undergo any major changes.

My planned - and vaguely started - next hack will be much better with regards to all that stuff. It will also not include any player dialogue, so as to reap the rich rewards of all that 'silent protagonist' stuff and avoid alienating segments of the audience; however, it will - and does; I shouldn't be using the future tense when it's a production in progress - still include the puzzles, tricks, traps and weird insanity of Snakewood.

Wow. That post was longer than I intended, and also much more of an advertisement. Eh, it'll do. *submits reply*

Back