• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fifth Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 5, 2014
Which move should I forget to teach fly for flygon? Rock slide, earth power, dragon claw, hyper beam

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 5, 2014
Which move should I forget to teach fly for flygon? Rock slide, earth power, dragon claw, hyper beam

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022

Hyper Beam. You have to wait a whole turn after use, which is definitely not a good thing. A Hyper Beam is almost equal as strong as an Earth Power, so replace Hyper Beam with Fly.

mkn

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2018
pokemon dream radar question

hey all :)
how do you catch a pokemon in the dream radar with the the wanted nature?
im trying to get a bold lugia with multiscale

thanks!

Years
Unfortunately, I don't think you can. Once you get them and you send them to your game, then link with the Dream Radar, that's it. As far as I can tell the game saves afterwards so you're basically stuck with what you're given.

mkn

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2018
thanks for replying! thats very unfortunate..
i did hear something about RNG tho.
fo you know anything about it?

mkn

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2018
pokemon dream radar is an application and isnt included in the wifi capabilities of the game

Years
Ah right, I thought it was the same thing as Dream world.

Can you still get Dream Zone on 3DS? (how much does it cost anyway?)

The Dream Radar? I'm pretty sure you still can, even though it's only usable with B2W2 and not BW. I don't think it costs anything (I could be wrong because I only have it on one of my 3DS systems and I got it the day the games came out...).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Serebii says Baltoy is available in the Relic Castle Maze. Is this accessible in BW2 main story or is this a post game area? I will be needing a Baltoy for a challenge so I need to know whether or not I should breed one to trade over or if I can just catch one here, but it's been so long since I've played White 2 and I don't really know and Serebii doesn't make it very clear. Thanks in advance.

Also, Dream Radar costs $2.99 if memory serves.

Years
Serebii says Baltoy is available in the Relic Castle Maze. Is this accessible in BW2 main story or is this a post game area? I will be needing a Baltoy for a challenge so I need to know whether or not I should breed one to trade over or if I can just catch one here, but it's been so long since I've played White 2 and I don't really know and Serebii doesn't make it very clear. Thanks in advance.

As far as I recall, it can be accessed during the main story.

Years

Also, Dream Radar costs $2.99 if memory serves.

It is an area you can access before beating the game. You'll have to enter the Relic Castle from the PWT side of the Relic Passage, and Baltoy can be found in the room right below the entrance to Volcarona's chambers (and in there itself). It's the only thing you'll find in that area, even, so once you're there it shouldn't be hard to get.

Years
Alright, thank you guys. You think it'll stay (Dream Zone) forever or they might take it down? I dont have the 3DS console yet, and not sure how long it will take me to get one.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't see any reason they'd take it off the eShop, honestly. I'd say you'll be fine.

I have to wait til I get C-Gear to trade in White 2, right? lol I can't believe it's been this long since I've played this...

Years
I don't see any reason they'd take it off the eShop, honestly. I'd say you'll be fine.

I have to wait til I get C-Gear to trade in White 2, right? lol I can't believe it's been this long since I've played this...

Awesome, thanks.

Lol, I cant believe I still haven't played the fifth generation games.

(sorry for double posting)

How different is fifth generation from the fourth one? In terms of graphics mainly, but the entire game generally as well.

I am finishing Soulsilver and I am hoping to be blown away once I start White (for the first time) xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
(sorry for double posting)

How different is fifth generation from the fourth one? In terms of graphics mainly, but the entire game generally as well.

I am finishing Soulsilver and I am hoping to be blown away once I start White (for the first time) xD

Well the graphics are fairly similar, but 5th Gen's 3D is more advanced, as shown with the renders of the buildings and the cutscenes where the main legendary emerges. Black & White is a bit linear, and you're forced to use Unova Pokemon prior to beating the main story, and after that you can battle even stronger trainers and a much higher-leveled Elite Four and Champion. Also with this generation, Pokemon sprites are fully animated, and the battle scenes now show zooming up onto the target when a move is used.

Black 2 & White 2 on the other hand has a bit of a longer story, and massive postgame content. In fact, there's a lot of content in the postgame that I'd take too long mentioning it all. Also, unlike Black & White, the Unova Dex now has older generation Pokemon mixed in with the Unova Pokemon. There's also new characters and locations that weren't present in the original pair as well.

Aside from that, you should discover the rest yourself but I'm just listing the main differences here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back