• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Manga] List & Chit-Chat on ALL Pokémon Manga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Latest update from rukuichi of Serebii form-

Spoiler:

What do You think about Serena from here ???

Years
Hello guys!

I want to get into the Pokémon Manga but I am so confused.. I don't know where to start from! I found some Pokémon Black and White volumes in a store here and they seemed cool. Is it good? Or should I buy something else first? Thanks in advance! :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hello guys!

I want to get into the Pokémon Manga but I am so confused.. I don't know where to start from! I found some Pokémon Black and White volumes in a store here and they seemed cool. Is it good? Or should I buy something else first? Thanks in advance! :)
The first manga you should be looking at is the one called Pokemon Adventures; it's logo should always say that, not Diamond & Pearl Adventure or some other variation. Unless you live in Japan, where it's called Pokemon Special. We usually abbreviate it PokeSpe!

PokeSpe features the game protagonists going through their regions in very imaginative ways. The original RBG chapter is fairly straightforward and where I personally think you should start :) because the Yellow, GSC, FRLG and Emerald chapters build on from that and incorporates the same characters (eventually) which is cool.

But if you were not planning on buying (or otherwise reading) the whole series, I could recommend you to start with the Ruby & Sapphire chapter (still Pokemon Adventures/PokeSpe!) because now ORAS is soon released so the world loves Hoenn atm :3 it's a great part of the series and somewhat standalone, but if you want to go on to Emerald after RS you should read the others I mentioned first or you'll feel a bit lost.

If you're not into Hoenn, you could instead start with the DP Sinnoh saga. They hardly even mention the previous regions and trainers so it's standalone and very fun, and you can continue to the short Platinum arc afterwards.

So basically:

1) start with Pokemon Adventures Red/Blue/Green saga if you're okay with getting quite a bit to read through.

2) or start with Ruby/Sapphire saga or Diamond/Pearl saga if you like Sinnoh better (but imo the Hoenn arc is more dramatic and genuine :3) if you only want to read a lil bit.

But make sure it's Pokemon Adventures! There are many good pokemon manga but this one is the golden standard.

Years
The first manga you should be looking at is the one called Pokemon Adventures; it's logo should always say that, not Diamond & Pearl Adventure or some other variation. Unless you live in Japan, where it's called Pokemon Special. We usually abbreviate it PokeSpe!

PokeSpe features the game protagonists going through their regions in very imaginative ways. The original RBG chapter is fairly straightforward and where I personally think you should start :) because the Yellow, GSC, FRLG and Emerald chapters build on from that and incorporates the same characters (eventually) which is cool.

But if you were not planning on buying (or otherwise reading) the whole series, I could recommend you to start with the Ruby & Sapphire chapter (still Pokemon Adventures/PokeSpe!) because now ORAS is soon released so the world loves Hoenn atm :3 it's a great part of the series and somewhat standalone, but if you want to go on to Emerald after RS you should read the others I mentioned first or you'll feel a bit lost.

If you're not into Hoenn, you could instead start with the DP Sinnoh saga. They hardly even mention the previous regions and trainers so it's standalone and very fun, and you can continue to the short Platinum arc afterwards.

So basically:

1) start with Pokemon Adventures Red/Blue/Green saga if you're okay with getting quite a bit to read through.

2) or start with Ruby/Sapphire saga or Diamond/Pearl saga if you like Sinnoh better (but imo the Hoenn arc is more dramatic and genuine :3) if you only want to read a lil bit.

But make sure it's Pokemon Adventures! There are many good pokemon manga but this one is the golden standard.

Thank you very much for the info, you really helped me a lot! :)

I found all the volumes of the Pokémon Adventures on Amazon and I will buy them all one day! I think I'll start from the Ruby/Sapphire chapter because of ORAS and also because Sapphire was my first Pokémon game, so I love Hoenn! :) So, yeah. I can't wait to read them!

PS. One more question :P I saw that there is a Black & White magazine version. What is that? Is it different from the volume version? Thanks again :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Thank you very much for the info, you really helped me a lot! :)

I found all the volumes of the Pokémon Adventures on Amazon and I will buy them all one day! I think I'll start from the Ruby/Sapphire chapter because of ORAS and also because Sapphire was my first Pokémon game, so I love Hoenn! :) So, yeah. I can't wait to read them!

PS. One more question :P I saw that there is a Black & White magazine version. What is that? Is it different from the volume version? Thanks again :)
Nice! Yeah, if you start with R/S and want to continue after that, you should hop back and buy R/B/G -> Yellow -> G/S/C -> (R/S should go here!) -> FR/LG -> Emerald saga. Loads of great adventures in all of them.

After the Sinnoh sagas come a HG/SS saga and after that, it's a bit fuzzy with volumes. I think there should be several if not all of the Black/White saga already in volumes, but not sure they are all in English yet. I'm a bit out of the loop on later sagas, sorry :p But if you find them in stores and make sure they say Pokémon Adventures, go ahead! They should be standalone from the first six sagas (and also most likely separated from Sinnoh and HG/SS sagas).

Years
I started reading the Ruby And Sapphire chapter yesterday and I'm loving it so far!!! I'm definitely going to buy all the Pokemon Adventures chapters! :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I started reading the Ruby And Sapphire chapter yesterday and I'm loving it so far!!! I'm definitely going to buy all the Pokemon Adventures chapters! :)
So glad to hear that! :D Satoshi Tajiri has apparently said at some point that this manga shows off the best interpretation of the universe he was trying to portray in pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
So glad to hear that! :D Satoshi Tajiri has apparently said at some point that this manga shows off the best interpretation of the universe he was trying to portray in pokemon.

Now with Reverse Timeline , I guess ORAS Chapter will take place in another timeline where Rudy & Sapphire didn't got attack by Salamence.
Therefore their personality didn't change and Norman didn't failed his gym leader test.
Therefore ORAS Rudy would be the Same Battle Loving Kid he was before while Sapphire will be ladylike who prefer contest.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Now with Reverse Timeline , I guess ORAS Chapter will take place in another timeline where Rudy & Sapphire didn't got attack by Salamence.
Therefore their personality didn't change and Norman didn't failed his gym leader test.
Therefore ORAS Rudy would be the Same Battle Loving Kid he was before while Sapphire will be ladylike who prefer contest.
I haven't heard of this reverse timeline. Care to explain what it is?

Also, his name is Ruby, not Rudy. For obvious reasons.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
ORAS prologue-

Spoiler:

Ruby You little Bastard !!!
Not only You got Sapphire , Now You also got Lisia .
Its so nice to Age !
Cause then ya have chance with Hottie like Lisia!!! Poor little Ash ketchum .

I wonder if Kusaka didn't knew about alternate Timeline .
Since Ruby & Sapphire are from The world where Megevolution doesn't exist , I wonder how Kusaka will Showcase Megevolution.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Wow is that Emerald there with Saph? It must be Emerald :D

Years
Wow is that Emerald there with Saph? It must be Emerald :D

Yep, it's Emerald.

Doesn't anyone here Read Manga ???

More like, "Doesn't anyone here read Pokemon Adventures?" in which case the answer is probably going to be "No, because no one has bothered to translate anything other than random magazine scans since the B/W arc (other than Viz which is probably why no one's been translating)"...or at least, that's how it is with me. As far as I know it's the same situation for most of the other series.

I DID read the first chapter of OR/AS for giggles, though. Only thing that's bothering me at the moment is that they seem to be pulling an anime and completely ignoring the timeline thing, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yep, it's Emerald.

More like, "Doesn't anyone here read Pokemon Adventures?" in which case the answer is probably going to be "No, because no one has bothered to translate anything other than random magazine scans since the B/W arc (other than Viz which is probably why no one's been translating)"...or at least, that's how it is with me.

I DID read the first chapter of OR/AS for giggles, though. Only thing that's bothering me at the moment is that they seem to be pulling an anime and completely ignoring the timeline thing, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Oh noes, that's been one of the greatest things about that manga compared to the anime...

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Found Translated ORAS Chapter here-

http://ptirt.tumblr.com/

Here are the pic--

Spoiler:

As Pokemon Manga-Warrior , I make sure this thread has a topic But I need Other Manga-Warrior to join force with me !!!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Is there an english translation of the first volume of the X and Y manga yet? If there is, can someone please link me to a scanned version of the whole thing?
Unfortunately, it has been decided that it is against PokeCommunity's rules to share more than a few relevant scans here, or to link to scan/scanlation sites :/ you will have to google your way around or ask someone directly.

ZoneX

Spriter
Years
I always enjoy reading the Pokemon Adventures manga series!! So glad I can get online, go to MangaEden or a similar site and read the scans there!! But I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet(I'll go back later and read through this thread when I have more time) but what about Toshihiro Ono's manga series?! He illustrated about Ash & Pikachu I believe! One volume was called "The Electric Tale of Pikachu" and "Surf's Up, Pikachu", I think! I was a young kid though! Can someone inform me of this if possible?!

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
New XY Chapter--

Spoiler:

Summary from Coronis -

Cassius wonders if the Sky Trainers are also after the kids, and X finds it not surprising since the enemy could easily track him with the waves from his Mega Ring. Cassius tries to escape by steering, but the Vivillons attack with a combined Hurricane and nearly knocks the helicopter over. One female Sky Trainer lands on the front window and begins tapping. Cassius wonders what she wants, and Y (who have somehow changed into her sky suit) comes forward and explains that it is the morse code used by Sky Trainers, telling her to come out and fight. Y prepares to do so, and when X questions if she is ok, Y says although she is still not coping with her mother's situation, it wouldn't help to ruminate over it.

Y throws herself out of the helicopter and starts to fight, and Cassius learns from X that the Sky trainers were probably all from the same Sky Trainer School in Vaniville Y attended. The one leading them is named Yvette (Jap: Misora, on route 11 in XY), who was a senior of Y in the school. We go into a flashback of Y's school life, and apparently she had a small feud with Yvette, who was a very high profile girl, famous for her collection of all Vivillons (including the Pokeball and Fancy patterns) since her parents travel around a lot and gather them for her. She makes fun of Y who is also slightly famous due to Grace, and says while her own parents fly around, Y's mother runs around on the ground. She even deliberately drops some notes for Y to pick up, and mocks her being more suited kneeling on the ground. Y storms off, but then Yvette gets irritated when their teacher (a woman whose hair and mouth shape like a Pidgeot) tries to look for Y and says the press is hoping to interview her due to her famous mother. Yvette pretends to help pass on the note to Y, but then destroys it (explains why Y didn't know Alexa and Viola would be interviewing her).

Back to the present, Y knows that the other 14 Sky Trainers are all under Yvette's command, and focuses on battling Yvette. She gains a distance from the helicopter to keep her friends safe, but then X and everyone else on board (especially Shauna) are aware of an 'eye' looking on. Yvette further mocks Y and tells her to stay on the ground like her mother, but Y finally retaliates, and demands Yvette to stop making nonsense. Y says she started out as a Sky trainer to rebel her mother, but whatever the reason, she can be who she is because of her mother. With that, her Fletchling evolves into a Fletchinder, and Y thanks Yvette for finally letting her express her emotions.

Meanwhile, Shauna's Skitty has detected the location of the 'eye', and Cassius steers the helicopter to discover the floating Aegiflash. X mega evolves Elec to fire off an electric attack, just as Fletchinder hits Vivillon with a Flame Charge, fainting both and breaking Aegislash's control over the Sky trainers. They all collapse, and the Vivllons catch them.

It is revealed that Malva was controlling the Aegislash (which means Celosia probably didn't own it either). At the end of the chapter, there was this little joke where Cassius tells X 'we can go search for your girl's mother now'. But X gets angry, pinches his chair, and says Y isn't his girl, and Cassius sweatdrops and backs off...
Its proven again !

Y is more Cutter & Badass then Serena !

Also , Isn't her Fletchinder is bigger then Ash ? But I actually like The Big Fletchinder that can carry a person in the Sky .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back