• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Okay, so today is the day before my birthday and so I had my party and my friends gave me $55 worth of Target gift cards. I spent it on a Delphox tin, four loose packs, and a Lucario pin thingy. Plus one of my friends just gave me straight out boosters, here's ALL the cards I got from all the stuff (except a Serperior holo and an Emboar holo that I got out of two of the Legendary Treasures boosters). Holos are on the bottom, EX's on the top

View attachment 73840

gnmmarechal

Hurricane the Blaziken
Years
I never knew how to play the TCG, I only collected the cards, but now I got a ton of codes (Dragons Exalted and FlasHFire) s I decided to play TCGO. And I got a Mew EX. Is this good?

Years
I never knew how to play the TCG, I only collected the cards, but now I got a ton of codes (Dragons Exalted and FlasHFire) s I decided to play TCGO. And I got a Mew EX. Is this good?

Mew EX is kind of a mediocre EX because of its very low HP. If you use it right, it's great, but you gotta know how to use it. It'll probably be very good against lower-level players.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015

Its a great card, as Dj said, but you got to use it right.
I find it works best in a "night march" deck

Its a really powerful deck made of a lot of common cards and mew EX.
Google a deck list of it, its awesome

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I bought a second Phantom Forces Elite Trainer Box, also 4 Dragons Exalted booster packs.

It was a dud, it contained 3 holos. So I did get a new holo, Goodra and duplicates Heliolisk and Heatran.

The DE packs contained 2 holos, Altaria and Gigalith.

One interesting thing to note is the last 4 Fairy Energy in the ETB were upside down.

Last edited:

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
For about $19 I got 4 of every reverse holo -holo of phantom forces out there, EXCEPT GORGEIST :c
But I also got 4 reverse Leavanny and 4 Reverse Pachirisu <3

Spoiler:

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
For about $19 I got 4 of every reverse holo -holo of phantom forces out there, EXCEPT GORGEIST :c
But I also got 4 reverse Leavanny and 4 Reverse Pachirisu <3

Spoiler:

Well Almost every reverse is still good right? And for only 19$ Sounds like a good deal.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
Well Almost every reverse is still good right? And for only 19$ Sounds like a good deal.

Sure is!

I got these off ebay; I found a seller who was pricing so many of these 4 card lots starting at 1.50 bids,
But the sheer amount of auctions allowed me to snag so many of them still at $1.50

I almost feel really bad for the seller as ebay takes an enormous final value fee from these cards, so he makes next to nothing.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Just out of curiosity has anyone opened the new (old) 2014 Re-releases of the Keldeo, Reshiram, Zekrom & Kyurem tins? I've ordered Keldeo online and I've seen a few people on Youtube open them and the pulls are nothing short of insane! Has anyone found them at retail or ordered them online, and what were the pulls like?

Only asking because I wasn't sure if there's a better pull ratio in these re-releases compared to the originals and whether or not the ones I've seen opened were just pure luck.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Yesterday I bought some loose boosters at Meijers. They had their 20% off sale again.

For Ex's I got Mega Manectric Ex, I also got Head Ringer. So now I have both Flare cards in Japanese and English. In terms of Ex's I have every ex in either Japanese or English except for Manectric Ex, Aegislash Ex, Mega Manectric Ex SR and Mega Gengar Ex SR.
Other holos I got include Altaria from DE, Samurott, Scolipede and Scizor from BC and Chandelure from ND. Unfortunately no new holos.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Aug 28, 2018
Totally forgot to post what I pulled at my pre-release.
Anyways I pulled 2 EX´s, Dialga and Aegislash!
You can find the video on my channel PokeFanFinn
aswell as I opened a PHF packs 4 days ago, pulled a reverse jellicent and a holo gourgeist out of the same pack. Not bad!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
My Plasma Blast booster box came today. I bought it instead of a Phantom Forces booster box. I was mostly looking for 4 ur's I was missing from the set and I got two of them.

Jirachi Full Art and Kyurem Ex

I also got another Jirachi Ex, 9 holos including 2 Haxorus Holos and 3 ace specs.
I didn't get any new reverses, though I did buy some loose Plasma Freeze and 1 plasma Blast booster earlier in the day and got a reverse Pokemon Catcher as well as a holo Metagross and Holo Eelektross.
Spoiler:

tumblr_nf4ar2rcmf1r12rm4o4_r1_1280.jpg

Here's my November pull picture. I got 9 Full Arts, Charizard in a Charizard Tin, the Malamar in an ETB, the Kangaskhan in a Pyroar Box, the Jirachi in a Plasma Blast Booster Box and the Lucario, Gengar, Dialga, Manectric and Dragonite in lose packs. 22 ultra rares in total, it's the first time I've pulled 2 secret rares in one month, let alone 2 days. I think it's cool how the Jirachi and Gengar Full Arts are kind of flipped colorwise. I also would like to mention the Kyurem Ex brings my total number of ultra rares owned to 200. The Kangaskhan Full Art is my 200th ultra rare pulled from a pack.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
So I was planning on getting the Mega Metagross Ex box at Target for $32.99 and I wasn't going to buy it if I missed the sale.

We didn't go hopping on Thanksgiving but filled out the online form to order it online. Then decided just to wait and buy it in store on Black Friday. Well we get there and I don't see any in the cards section. We go home and it's out of stock online.

Then today the online status changes and it's now in store and we call and find out its on a different incap no where near the Pokemon cards.

It's normally 49.99 today but it was still listed as 32.00 online so we went there, it was a different Target the one I went to on Black Friday may have had it but in a different location. So I got 2. I opened one today and am saving the other for Christmas.

I was going to wait until December 1st but unfortunately Dec 1st is on Monday and not tomorrow so I just opened it today.

Anyways I pulled Stoke Charizard, Hawlucha Ex and Heracross Ex, as well as like 3 rare reverses. I'll have to update my November picture.

Years
Found a Hoenn Collection box with the Primal Kyogre EX Jumbo in it while shopping Black Friday deals. It wsa full price, but I bought it anyway (also got a Mega Metagross box, but I'll post that tomorrow).

Interesting contents of the Hoenn Collection box:

Jumbo Primal Kyogre EX
XY Promos XY36, XY37, and XY38 (Treecko, Torchic, and Mudkip)
XY Pack: Xerneas EX
Phantom Forces Pack 1: Pachirisu, VS Seeker
Phantom Forces Pack 2: Manectric EX, Robo Substitute Team Flare Gear

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I went to Walmart today and bought a Dragons Exalted pack, 4 Furious Fists packs, 2 Flashfire packs and a Pyroar Box. The Pyroar box was kind of a last minute thing.

Anyways I opened the Dragons Exalted pack and nothing.
Then I opened the Pyroar Box and got
Spoiler:

So I finally got Kangaskhan Full Art pulled from a pack. I believe this was my third Pyroar Box. I took of picture of all my Flashfire Ultra Rares I've pulled from packs.

I still remember my first 11 packs from the set, I got 10 non holo rares and 1 Milotic holo. I originally didn't collect the set because I don't like the Full Art Charizard artwork, when I did I had to go through like 40 of those 3 pack blisters finding reverses/non holo rares, the worst was the Florges line...having to find a reverse holo Floette and a non reverse Flabebe that was the correct number...nightmare.
Spoiler:

I'm gonna open the other packs one a day over the week. Also would like to mention the Kangaskhan Full Art is my 200th ultra rare pulled from a pack, so happy it turned out this way.

Holos
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Opened a Phantom Gate Box, pulled a Florges EX, Manectric EX, Flare Head Ringer and 6 Holos. Not bad.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
So I opened the first Flashfire pack on Sunday and got Goodra Holo and Floette 64 rev
On Mon I got Thundurus and Magmar rev
On Tues I got Sylveon and Thundurus rev
On Wed I got Druddigon Holo and Spheal rev
On Thurs I got Jynx and Poliwag rev
On Fri I got Leafeon and Makuhita rev

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Went to Meijers today and bought some packs. I noticed the sale was over so instead of buying a bunch of Furious Fists and Phantom Forces packs I decided to use my gut instinct and only bought a few.

First I bought the only 4 Plasma Blast packs they had, they were in the same spot as last time I was there when I put them back. I also bought the only Plasma Freeze pack, it was pretty roughed up but unopened. Finally I noticed a single Boundaries Crossed pack+holo pack by the registers, the sign had a 3.99 price on it but when I price checked it it was 5.49. I contemplated putting it back since I don't usually buy these because they are too expensive, I already had the Yanmega Prime card as well. But I had that gut feeling with it I get sometimes when I find a pack by itself.

I got these cards
Spoiler:

These are both duplicates, interestingly the last time I got Exeggcute SR I bought 4 packs and also got a Genesect Ex, this time I get a Bianca Full Art. The Bianca is in bad shape, it's warped, the sides have some knicks and theres a line in the middle of the card. Luckily I got one in a booster box before.

Other cards include Krookodile Rev, Accelgor Rev, Krookodile, 2 Masquerain's and a Reversal Trigger Rev. I still have 2 more packs to open tomorrow and Friday.

Years
So I've finally found time to open the Mega Metagross EX box I got on Black Friday. 8 total packs, a Metagross game coin (plastic, of course), 2 promos (M Metagross EX and Metagross EX), a code card for the two promos, the M Metagross EX jumbo, and a Mega Metagross themed playmat.

XY Pack 1: Greninja, Roller Skates
XY Pack 2: Wigglytuff, Roller Skates
Flashfire Pack 1: Floatzel, Ultra Ball
Flashfire Pack 2: reverse holo Heliolisk, Pidgeot, Ultra Ball, Sacred Ash
Furious Fists Pack 1: reverse holo Battle Reporter, Thundurus, Korrina, Fossil Researcher
Furious Fists Pack 2: Aurorus, Super Scoop Up, Fossil Researcher, Jaw Fossil
Phantom Forces Pack 1: reverse holo Escavalier, Galvantula
Phantom Forces Pack 2: reverse holo Blissey, Gourgeist, Dimension Valley, AZ

No full arts or EXs aside from the promo duo, so a bit disappointing, but not unexpected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back