• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Ho-Oh or Lugia

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
This one is a rather tough decision. They're both great legendaries. I love Lugia in the second Pokemon movie. I caught a shiny Lugia first, but... Shiny Ho-oh was a wonder to obtain. I love its colors shiny or not, so I will have to say I prefer the rainbow phoenix, Ho-oh.

Years
Ho-Oh, in terms of both design and usability. Ho-Oh hits harder, and while it doesn't have Lugia's physical defense or faster Speed, there is much to like about it. It can learn some neat moves, and let's not forget that it was seen in the very first episode of the anime.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 17, 2014
I choose Ho-oh. It is so mysterious. Have something magic in the colorful rainbows of it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Lugia looks cool but I feel like Ho-oh is more majestic and mysterious, despite Lugia being the guardian of the sea and all. Ho-oh gets my vote. I also enjoy the backstory involving the beast trio, which is my favorite legendary trio.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I like how lugia is so PLAIN!
You mean, like in comparison to later legendaries like Palkia and Dialga etc? With tons of little ornaments and patterns and weird faces and whatnot... If so, I totally agree.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 27, 2014
You mean, like in comparison to later legendaries like Palkia and Dialga etc? With tons of little ornaments and patterns and weird faces and whatnot... If so, I totally agree.

Exactly what i mean. (hit on the head)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Honestly, their both decent. I think Lugia's design is better than Ho-Oh and even tjpugh Jo-oh is known to have rainbow wings, it would have made sense to make it with Gold wings. And to be honest, Ho-oh didnt look all that legendary compared to the three legendary beast it revived.

Strom Thunder

The Apocalypse :D
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 25, 2014
Well both are amazing, powerful, colorful, joyful, demon-angel brother Pokémon xD!! Kidding. Well I am In an agreement that Both are superbly powerful plus shiny and beautiful. But still I will go with Ho-Oh ! Because its color and its awesome wings attract me more then Lugia. Lugia looks more like a Flying dog !

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Lugia looks more like a silver aquatic creature than a Bird meant for the sky, but that's fitting since its a guardian of the seas. Personally though, i just wish its design was more fish-like.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Ho-oh for sure as not only its powerful , but it also looks so cool

Years
Due to Silver being my favorite pokemon game ever, i have to go with Lugia. He has a great design as well as being very powerful. Yes, Ho-Oh is powerful as well, but i just seem to prefer Lugia in both appearance and battle

Back