• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it just me or...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Well it is based on a Post-Apocalyptic word instead of Japan or New York. I like it though, it was very refreshing.

Years
It doesn't have to be as open, because such games are based more on the mechanics than the overall journey and such, otherwise the earlier gens could be quite gritty and so on (R/B/Y/G/S, at least) and even R/S was dramatic at times, although in a more accessible sense. To some degree, the Colosseum games and such can be slightly mild, because you have a clear, story-based target in the single player game, rather than the more ambiguous one of being a master, winning the league, etc., which involves more open spaces and solitude and hence creating an atmosphere and overall situation which is gritty rather than relying on the plot and what's immediately presented, which is the lesser part of these kinds of things. Ultimately, most mainstream, fairly casual action games are probably more gritty than Pokémon Red in the same way that Colosseum is, and at the same time less so in terms of the overall video game and the necessity of experiencing the whole thing rather than just taking an abstract side and going through with this, where the times that the gameplay contributes to the grit and etc. are mostly just from the core Pokémon games, perhaps with minor alterations, or not at all.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yep, they do seem like a little more edgy than normal. Personally, I've enjoyed going through them, as they were quite fun; they had tendency to give us a fresh, new experience.

At some point in future, I would like them to bring these games to 3DS, if possible. They could add some features changes if they choose--such as edits to online function, so that we could trade from these games to any other as well as battle--and also update graphics, like how they'd done it with Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64, and other 3DS remake of video games.

What I loved most about these games is their shadow Pokémon feature; in my eyes, it was rather cool. It sucks that it wasn't able to make it into main-series, however; I'm sure much of us would have liked it if it were able. They could have had this system be an alternative to mega-evolutions, so to speak.

Back