• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: HG / SS Music Patch [FR] [EM]

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2016
yes it worked, but a theme you forgot to change is the oak theme, also the intro has no music

two problems with emerald version
1. rival theme is missing
2. littleroot towns theme turns into the champion theme when outside but new bark inside

Last edited by a moderator:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
yes it worked, but a theme you forgot to change is the oak theme, also the intro has no music

2. littleroot towns theme turns into the champion theme when outside but new bark inside

I'm not in charge of Emerald, hopefully I can get in touch with the creator and take over using the new method lol
And this:
but a theme you forgot to change is the oak theme
Not all songs are in.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years

1. A lot of encounter themes and fanfares are missing, unfortunately. I saved those for last because they are short and not as popular as town and route themes, for example.

2. I used Littleroot Town to test the quality of the songs when played from the actual GBA because of RAM issues and sound clicks that Sappy doesn't emulate. I forget to change Littleroot Town's music back to New Bark Town when I made the patch. You can fix it by manually changing Littleroot Town's music with a map editor. I'll fix that when I upload the next patch (hopefully soon). Sorry about that.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I applied this patch to MrDollSteak's attack and decap rom base, but it got rid of all my music :/. The same goes for doing it the other way around. How can I fix this?

GoGoJJTech

Years
I applied this patch to MrDollSteak's attack and decap rom base, but it got rid of all my music :/. The same goes for doing it the other way around. How can I fix this?

AFAIK MrDollSteak's patch does not use the 09000000 area at all, so it shouldn't have any conflicts unless something is being overwritten there. Either that or you forgot to copy to the 09000000 area in the first place.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
AFAIK MrDollSteak's patch does not use the 09000000 area at all, so it shouldn't have any conflicts unless something is being overwritten there. Either that or you forgot to copy to the 09000000 area in the first place.

Actually, MrDollSteak's patch DOES use the 09000000 area, up to 09800000, iirc. He told me so himself. So that might be a problem.

Windsong

—the dream is dead
Years
Actually, MrDollSteak's patch DOES use the 09000000 area, up to 09800000, iirc. He told me so himself. So that might be a problem.
I just took a brief look at his latest release (version 1.4a) to confirm this. The area 00900000 up to ~ 00970000 is in use.

GoGoJJTech

Years
I just took a brief look at his latest release (version 1.4a) to confirm this. The area 00900000 up to ~ 00970000 is in use.

No, not 08900000 guys

I use 09000000 and on, so if there's ANYTHING else going there you've got an issue.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Finally, an update to the Emerald version of the patch!

This new patch features better quality songs and also contains new songs that were not present in the older versions. Major credits go to ipatix for his midfix4agb tool!

PLEASE READ
If a song is too quiet, is too loud, and/or creates strange popping noises, please post about it in this thread!

DOWNLOAD
View attachment 73793

INFORMATION
Be careful if applying this patch to a modified ROM. This patch will overwrite much of Emerald's voice table by changing the song pointers. All of the HGSS music data will be inserted between 0x1200000 to 0x1400000.

I recommend using ipatix's HQ sound mixer for the best sound results.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324673

Also, this patch does have some bugs. For those who use VBA-M and likely some other emulators, there is an issue with the Title Screen song continuously playing in a very short loop after you press the start button, which is either an issue with the emulator or an issue with the a pointer in the hack. Some fanfares will not play at times because they contain more than six tracks, which will be fixed in a future update. There may also be a bug that causes sound or sprite glitches during some battles, which may be caused by a foul pointer.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Finally, an update to the Emerald version of the patch!

This new patch features better quality songs and also contains new songs that were not present in the older versions. Major credits go to ipatix for his midfix4agb tool!

PLEASE READ
If a song is too quiet, is too loud, and/or creates strange popping noises, please post about it in this thread!

DOWNLOAD
View attachment 73793

INFORMATION
Be careful if applying this patch to a modified ROM. This patch will overwrite much of Emerald's voice table by changing the song pointers. All of the HGSS music data will be inserted between 0x1200000 to 0x1400000.

I recommend using ipatix's HQ sound mixer for the best sound results.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324673

Also, this patch does have some bugs. For those who use VBA-M and likely some other emulators, there is an issue with the Title Screen song continuously playing in a very short loop after you press the start button, which is either an issue with the emulator or an issue with the a pointer in the hack. Some fanfares will not play at times because they contain more than six tracks, which will be fixed in a future update. There may also be a bug that causes sound or sprite glitches during some battles, which may be caused by a foul pointer.

Would you mind posting the byte changes rather than a patch, I keep getting the checksum error.

InfiniteZero

I never change my Avatar. D=
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 18, 2016
Great patch! Unfortunately, there seems to be a hiccup in the latest live build of the Fire Red patch that I'm having that I'd like to report.

I'm using a clean copy with the patch - when you save inside a Pokemon Center, reload the game, and walk out of the Pokemon Center, the music plays briefly for one second before stopping. If you walk back into the Pokemon Center and walk back out, the music will play normally - but, should you proceed to boot up the Pokedex and exit out of it, the instrument that was currently playing will get stuck and you have to reset the game in order for it to play normally again. This happens at any Pokemon Center that you save in.

Additionally, if you walk into Lorelei's chamber in the Elite Four, the gym music will also get stuck at a certain point and one of the instruments will remain frozen/stuck in the background until you reset the game.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
Great patch! Unfortunately, there seems to be a hiccup in the latest live build of the Fire Red patch that I'm having that I'd like to report.

I'm using a clean copy with the patch - when you save inside a Pokemon Center, reload the game, and walk out of the Pokemon Center, the music plays briefly for one second before stopping. If you walk back into the Pokemon Center and walk back out, the music will play normally - but, should you proceed to boot up the Pokedex and exit out of it, the instrument that was currently playing will get stuck and you have to reset the game in order for it to play normally again. This happens at any Pokemon Center that you save in.

Additionally, if you walk into Lorelei's chamber in the Elite Four, the gym music will also get stuck at a certain point and one of the instruments will remain frozen/stuck in the background until you reset the game.

That's one of the FR issues yet to be fixed in modern hacking. Same thing happens on EM title screens. It's just strange.

Back