• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your starter?

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Well during my initial run I picked Fennekin. I enjoyed all it's evolutions though in the end it didn't turn out as strong as I would of liked it to be, especially coming from a starter. Regardless I would still use it again. The second time around I chose Froakie and in the end I was very disappointed by it. I don't remember exactly, but I don't think I enjoyed its move pool and I feel like it ended up fainting on me more times than I'd like. I used Chespin last, but for myself it seemed to be the most reliable.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
One thing I'm hoping to see them do is give these Pokémon some mega-evolution forms in future. If I were to make an estimate, this might actually happen as soon as they announce their third installment or sequels; since these would still be the starters in those games, most likely, I believe it would be a good way to go about.

For Chesnaught, I could imagine this Pokémon to be growing a little more bulk in appearance. To cover it all in terms of statistics, they could give it some boost in Defense and Special Defense, and perhaps give Chesnaught access to some defense-raising moves.

Greninja and Delphox—I'm experience expecting to see them focused more towards physical- and special-based attacks, respectively.

ΩRαS

Creepin' up in Hoenn
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 3, 2015
I started with Chespin simply because its design is my favourite of all three Kalos starter Pokémon.
I wasn't happy with its evolved form Quilladin but Chesnaught I loved, even with its dual weakness!

After 120+ hours of game play I restarted and decided to pick Fennekin, Delphox's Fire/Psychic typing wasn't enough to make me fall in love with it unfortunately.

A couple of days ago I restarted my game for a third time, due to the anime Froakie had grown on me so I chose him.
I'm looking forward to trying out Greninja (Frogadier) during the story too.

Overall if I only got one chance I would have done exactly the same and went with Chespin!
#teamchespin

jermgray1

Dark type fan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 28, 2014
I chose Chespin but then replaced him with mega Venusaur in my team

Nakala Pri

Fennekin! :D I always go for fire types and he was just so cute. <3

Ditched him this time though, since I wanted a Pansear. >:B

SapphireMillennium

The Legend of Hoenn
Years
I picked Froakie, since I love Water types and usually choose the Water type starter. Greninja has made an extremely valuable member of my team, plus I just love him in Amie! <3

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Fennikin. The Pokemon is soo adorable. It's evolutions are so elegant and beautiful. Kind of reminded me of Gardevior. I was going to go with Froakie..but everyone was choosing him.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
I like mages and I liked Delphox the best out of the three so I got a Fennekin, who I named Rydia. Didn't matter much as I got a Protean Froakie from Wonder Trade soon after whom I dubbed Edge. I didn't get a Chespin until after I beat the game, which sucked cause I wanted to beat the game with one named Cecil... Eh.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
Years
I've always chose the fire starter since DP but when i saw froakie I knew i'd pick him over fenekkin (: #froakiealltheway

Years
I chose Froakie because I thought its final stage would pretty awesome but I was a bit disappointed in the result. My Greninja actually became a HM slave as Charizard and my other party members simply took control of the battling.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
I chose Fennekin initially. It's still my favorite, which surprised me because usually I'm pretty loyal to water starters.

However, I really hate frogs...I worked at a pet store in high school and a tree frog jumped out of it's cage while I was cleaning it and onto my face. NOPE. So, sorry Froakie.

blue

gucci
Years
I chose Fennekin as I had intended to from the reveal. Really glad I chose Fennekin tbh, I loved the evolutionary line.

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
Years
  • Age 30
  • MI
  • Seen Aug 14, 2019
Given my previous runs in my Pokemon games I was determined to make this run off my usual tracks, and was originally planning to throw away my starter Pokemon. Unfortunately as always I became attached to my Pokemon and ended up beating the game with an un-evolved Fennekin.

Years
Fennekin. Look at that thing. Look at it.

Also it's got STAB Psychic (move) which is nice.

I called it Mozilla because that's hilarious.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
Picked Froakie because he was too darn cute. Then he evolved...
I usually always pick Fire starters since I love fire types but not this time around. Froakie has proved his worth though on my team and I'm glad I picked him. I love the little guy <3

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I personally lied them all i chose Greninja/froakie used it on my first playthroughs and i liked it but if i played again i wouldnt choose it i rather have delphox a psychic and fire is a much more unique combonation!

Back