• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

PokeGeisha

Breeder and CompetitiveTrainer
Years
Def finding interest in this game. Starting with the starting pokemon. I adore Dratini,Gibble and Bagon I have to have atleast one of them in all of my Pokemon games. Keep up the good looking work. Can't wait to try it out.:D

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
July 30th is the Release Date with daily updates on any errors you guys find or point out. When I say errors I mean bugs or bad movement positions or if tiles are out of place or freeze/glitches. I won't make any changes to the storyline, pokemon, and to some extent, the maps. The Good News is, from what I've played through, there's no bugs/freezes/glitches and very little movement positions that I'm writing down to fix as I play along.

July 16th is the deadline for Tajaros to rescript the events he has left. After that, the copy will be sent to me & I'll be putting everything together. I haven't tried the tutorial Volcanix769 has given me for the titlescreen Yet. But when I do, and IF I fail at it again, there won't be any new titlescreen on the day of release. Everything else will be brand new though...

Also, there will be an update on July 29th of the locations of the Pokemon. For those who think this is a spoiler & ruin the suprise, simply don't read the notepad attachment of their locations. I'm doing this because there's ALOT of pokemon roaming around in just beta 1. So alot will be missed if you don't stay at a specific location for awhile.

I would also like to give Plenty of credit to Tajaros. Everything of & about Dark Rising has been my idea/creation. I created the hack, but with his helping of better scripts & better spriting, we were able to make everything Much Much Better. It's mainly been a 2-person team thus far & we both plan on finishing this hack to the very end.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
July 30th is the Release Date with daily updates on any errors you guys find or point out. When I say errors I mean bugs or bad movement positions or if tiles are out of place or freeze/glitches. I won't make any changes to the storyline, pokemon, and to some extent, the maps. The Good News is, from what I've played through, there's no bugs/freezes/glitches and very little movement positions that I'm writing down to fix as I play along.

July 16th is the deadline for Tajaros to rescript the events he has left. After that, the copy will be sent to me & I'll be putting everything together. I haven't tried the tutorial Volcanix769 has given me for the titlescreen Yet. But when I do, and IF I fail at it again, there won't be any new titlescreen on the day of release. Everything else will be brand new though...

Also, there will be an update on July 29th of the locations of the Pokemon. For those who think this is a spoiler & ruin the suprise, simply don't read the notepad attachment of their locations. I'm doing this because there's ALOT of pokemon roaming around in just beta 1. So alot will be missed if you don't stay at a specific location for awhile.

I would also like to give Plenty of credit to Tajaros. Everything of & about Dark Rising has been my idea/creation. I created the hack, but with his helping of better scripts & better spriting, we were able to make everything Much Much Better. It's mainly been a 2-person team thus far & we both plan on finishing this hack to the very end.

I see.... 19 days, I can wait. And that it's very awesome for only 2 people to work together, a good scripter and a very creative person.

PokeGeisha

Breeder and CompetitiveTrainer
Years
Marked it on my calender very excited and like Volcanix said very impressive for only 2 ppl C:

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Looks good, would love to see the "hero" sprites changed to something totally different and the battle scenery changed to actual scenery though.

Years
Hey, DRG, I have a friend over at my site that could whip up a title screen for you really easy, and flashy if needed. I dunno if he did title screen for Pokemon, but he is very adept at this kinda stuff, and did many cool Title screen for Final Fantasy Tactics. I can talk with him on your behalf, or give you contact info if you wish. Let me know.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2016
May I ask, does this game have the physical/special split like Liquid Crystal?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Genedow

I've considered it, but the first beta Will Not have the Physical/Special Split. I've tried to patch it myself but I couldn't get it to work. So, after the first beta is released, we'll try to have someone who's an expert at figuring out how the patch works to try it. Then, we'll update the beta with the physical/special split. Right now we're too focused on the first release to worry much about it. It'll be in the hack by the 2nd beta I'm guessing...Til then, get used to playing like the old games with newer moves ^.^

UPDATE:

Great News! No_Obeyslayer will insert the titlescreen for the hack. He has successfully inserted it into a copy rom & he'll insert it in the final rom when Me & Tajaros is done with everything.

Here's a couple of screenshots I randomly took during my playthrough of the first half of Beta 1:

33wr2c2.png
(Good'ol Pewter City Script)
198en6.png
(Fiery has A Vulpix to start up her sun, then a Houndour & her signature pokemon...Heatmor.)
33joj8g.png
( Her Riolu is so annoying, I was considering changing her pokemon because of it's Zen Headbutt.)
260sutl.png
(Gible about to evolve soon!)
2qn2wxz.png
(Kayo was there, but he vanishes like always.)
fbc36x.png
("Doctor Brock" going through some issues.)
2nvwn5k.png
(Brock's battle is a Double Battle & he has the final evolutions of most of his pokemon in the anime.)
1f76l1.png
(I wouldn't expect Ash & Kaz to catch Brock. They're both clumsy...)
33dgzfb.png
(I've decided to keep that sprite as Ash's newer look. I mean, he Is older in this game.)
dqgm5i.png
(Charizard needs to stand up & help me defeat Entei...Smh)
345o58m.png
(My Warturtle has his DW Ability...Sadly, it doesn't know Rain Dance Yet.)

ALSO, I've decided to release the PokeList for Beta 1. This includes all locations in which pokemon will appear at. Remember, the beta will only cover 25% of the full hack. So please don't be disappointed if your favorite pokemon isn't on this list. There's still PLENTY of places left in the hack where they Might appear at. So if you're interested in knowing which pokemon is available in 2 weeks, download the Pokelist Attachment. If you want to be suprised, you have 2 more weeks until the beta is released!

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Great updates. Looking forward to the beta.

Judging from the screen shots beta 1 will be pretty great. I'm not going to read the pokelist because I want to be surprised :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
I love the road, it looks... roady. Wow, that's nice of you to include the Pokemon. I'll look at the list later today. On an earlier page you said that we can challenge Nurse Joy to a double battle, is that from the very first time we enter a Pokemon centre and as many times in one centre? Can't wait for the 30th.

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
So, again, I step back here to find some interesting hacks, and of course, one of which is yours. I realized that on the list of pokemon, of 4 weather inducers, maybe Sand is the rarest to find (cause other inducers are at 20% find rate). So I think it's not fair for sand-holics like me :P , could you please change Larvitar find rate and ability? Or Hippopotas find rate? That would be much better. And are there any legendaries in the 1st release? I'm glad that most of legend could be caught now :) And I see some OWsprites of pokemons look like dolls? You know you could find some better, right? The most worrisome OW is the charizard. Use the one in HG/SS!
Good work, 2 weeks to go :)

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I love the road, it looks... roady. Wow, that's nice of you to include the Pokemon. I'll look at the list later today. On an earlier page you said that we can challenge Nurse Joy to a double battle, is that from the very first time we enter a Pokemon centre and as many times in one centre? Can't wait for the 30th.

Nurse Joy and Doctor Roy will be available to be battled in Pokemon Centers but there are some Pokemon Center's without Nurse and joy battles.... :)

So, again, I step back here to find some interesting hacks, and of course, one of which is yours. I realized that on the list of pokemon, of 4 weather inducers, maybe Sand is the rarest to find (cause other inducers are at 20% find rate). So I think it's not fair for sand-holics like me :P , could you please change Larvitar find rate and ability? Or Hippopotas find rate? That would be much better. And are there any legendaries in the 1st release? I'm glad that most of legend could be caught now :) And I see some OWsprites of pokemons look like dolls? You know you could find some better, right? The most worrisome OW is the charizard. Use the one in HG/SS!
Good work, 2 weeks to go :)

Yes, some legendaries are in the 1st BETA, Most of the legendaries are to be encountered the only one you can get in BETA 1 is VICTINI, sorry.... :(

Sorry about the OW's were still trying to figure out on how to insert sprites without messing old palletes.... :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Can I be the Walkthrough person for Beta 1? I have bought a Mic and I daresay that 90% of the reason is because I want to do a Walkthrough for this hack. I have been looking at the progress since a long time ago (When you posted the last game and took it down and posted this again) and have been wanting to be a Let's Play person myself but can't find a more decent hack. Please let me be the official Let's Play person! I use Camtasia Studio 10 and I can do watermark and stuffs. I will most likely be making a channel tomorrow (16th July, Singapore Time) called SkyDB (Short for SkyIsDarkBlue) and I can post the hack progress videos and stuff if you want. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I really do hope that you will let me be the Walkthrough person! :D

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_SkyIsDarkBlue

Of course you can do a walkthrough. Just before you start, link me to your youtube account in a PM. I suck at finding specific channels on that thing.

What Tajaros said is true. Only legendary in Beta 1 you'll recieve is Victini. Kaz recieves Keldeo at the same time you recieve Victini. The reason why is apart of the storyline, but they're also a great pair for rivals. (Keldeo has 1 type advantage over Victini & Victini has 1 type advantage over Keldeo). The list I included is only for wild pokemon. You can get others like Larvesta through trades & Victini after an event occurs. You have to find the trades yourselves, not gonna spoil them.

Also, I've been checking out the new move list for Black & White 2. I'll be updating the pokemon in my hack with some of their newest moves they can learn, but not all of em. Only the ones who I feel need it. For example, I'll give Serperior Dragon Pulse & Conkeldurr Ice Punch. Alot of pokemon got superpower & stealth rock as well.

I also just notice the last part of the pokemon center Nurse Joy question. In Nearly every pokemon center, you can walk up to Nurse Joy & battle her along side Doctor Roy to a double battle. You can only battle them 1 time per center, and they usually have pokemon with high exp points given. Also, I'm deciding on an easter egg for players who go to EVERY poke center in the game & do All of the nurse joy/doctor roy battles. Haven't decided what it will be yet...

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hey, just popping in to see how this was going. I see you've made a ton of graphical progress, but I think your trainer sprites still need some work. Also, the overworlds look really...dinky. You also need to credit me for the titlescreen.

Good luck :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Evil Arms

We're using a different titlescreen now. Thanks though!

Also, the Trainer Sprites & Overworlds are staying that way for the time being. Maybe they'll see some minor improvements later down the progression, but not anytime soon. I feel they're great & match the characters well. As long as they don't ruin the enjoyment of the hack, they're not priority Right Now.

Back