• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
havent posted here in a while (i don't think that i have ever posted in this thread!) anyways, i always check up on this hack to see if any new updates have been posted, im really looking forward to the sidequests and stuff, and btw, shouldn't this be in hacks showcase? it was long overdue that this hack should be there.

You want an update? You can't handle an update! No, in all seriousnous: THERE'S A NEW UPDATE RIGHT NOW, PEOPLE! THAT'S RIGHT, a
NEW UPDATE.

From mypoint of view, as a hacker, it is not a glitch in terms of "glitch" :D
I suppose that Aerodactyl was meant to be shiny and if you are saying that you met shiny Sandshrew right after shiny Aerodactyl then it's not glitch it's just after effect of wrong use of Shinyzer =)
I can guess that Aerodactyl's script has line in which it tells ROM to make it shiny, but also to make another pokemon player encounters shiny.
So it's just small scripting error =)

I've used the shiny creation script correctly. It doesn't malfunction for me, or for most people - but for some people, as with many parts of Snakewood, it goes a bit wrong. Never mind, they're lucky. We all like shinies.

Nah I found my sandshrew before I found the areodactyl.

--

Also, I'm still curious about the lanturn and giraferig thing.
Alsoalso; any one know what you do after return to lilycove after beating the dragon gym?

There's no Girafarig, I'm afraid, but I think there's still Lanturn.

When you get back to Lilycove, there ought to be a zombie invasion that you need to stop. If it isn't there, then something very, very wrong has happened.

Oh, one more time:

NEW UPDATE.

Years
I'll wait until after summer is over to play it since it would make it the more exciting. By the way like Pokemon Quartz you should make a TVTropes page for Snakewood since it is Better than A Bare Bulb... But make it with no spoilers so it doesn't get spoiled from being spoiled by spoilers.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
I've got a glitch...
I can't go into the shipwreck on Route 108 (something about laser sharks), and when I leave, I get stuck on the spot between the rocks. My last save point was right there, so I can't really move.

Cutlerine

Years
I've got a glitch...
I can't go into the shipwreck on Route 108 (something about laser sharks), and when I leave, I get stuck on the spot between the rocks. My last save point was right there, so I can't really move.

It's a minor movement permission glitch - just face south and use Surf. You'll be able to Surf over the ground. I'll fix that when I can.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
Okay Cutlerine. Just downloaded the new beta. *I still wish you didn't lower the power of Unown, it had stats OVER 9000!!1! and was also freaking awesome. D:*

I do have a couple of questions.

1) Okay I've defeated Senex. Liek there was some random cutscene after I went through that Necropolis or something, and they mention Gym Island. I got the Heatbadge. What the hell do I do? x_x
2) How the hell does Cinderco evolve? D<
3) Um what item do you need to get through that weird thingy in Madio Caves that searches for an item with a bright flash of light?

Cutlerine

Years
Okay Cutlerine. Just downloaded the new beta. *I still wish you didn't lower the power of Unown, it had stats OVER 9000!!1! and was also freaking awesome. D:*

I do have a couple of questions.

1) Okay I've defeated Senex. Liek there was some random cutscene after I went through that Necropolis or something, and they mention Gym Island. I got the Heatbadge. What the hell do I do? x_x
2) How the hell does Cinderco evolve? D<
3) Um what item do you need to get through that weird thingy in Madio Caves that searches for an item with a bright flash of light?

These are some of my main new puzzles, so here are some hints:

Spoiler:

Seriously, no straight answers yet. Not until a) no one solves it or b) at least four people solve it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
These are some of my main new puzzles, so here are some hints:

Spoiler:

Seriously, no straight answers yet. Not until a) no one solves it or b) at least four people solve it.

Oh okay. Dun tell me the item thing.
But WHERE IS TEH BOAT?!
I searched Mr Briney, Slateport, Lilycove, the Resistance HQ, and the weird boat near Fortree and nothing comes up. Am I missing something?

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
How long was I gone? XDDDDDDD
Anyway, Cutlerine, new update, awesome I'll check it out.
I still agree with NainilJShah, the only reason we all wanted a unknown is cause of it's stats.

Cutlerine

Years
I found Gabriella. Only one problem. All she says is "Hi, I'm Gabriella".

EDIT: I guess I'll restart the game and try again :(

DON'T DO THAT!

Oh, damn it, you've already done it, haven't you? You need to get hold of a specific item - a kind of ticket - for Gabriella to let you ride her boat...

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Now if there only was a clue where to look for it (as this is Snakewood, logic doesn't really apply here, so it's a much harder task than normally ;) )

Oh - was it intentional (or was it a glich) that the Abandoned Ship keyes were in fact pets (or at least had their names...)?

Ettadara

Fanfiction Writer
Years
Curious question - at the entrance to Rustboro, if you take the path that leads you to the 'Defense plus' behind the fence, you can see two kids in the forest. No way to get to them, dunno what they're for... But they're there.

Any reason for placing two NPC's in an unreachable spot?

HackHackHack

Alias RayFlame
Years
DON'T DO THAT!

Oh, damn it, you've already done it, haven't you? You need to get hold of a specific item - a kind of ticket - for Gabriella to let you ride her boat...

Wooh, a new IPS anyways like NainilJShah, which ticket? Can you actually redo the Shipwreck Quest again and how to get the 3 furis?

Cutlerine

Years
Curious question - at the entrance to Rustboro, if you take the path that leads you to the 'Defense plus' behind the fence, you can see two kids in the forest. No way to get to them, dunno what they're for... But they're there.

Any reason for placing two NPC's in an unreachable spot?

For fun?

Now if there only was a clue where to look for it (as this is Snakewood, logic doesn't really apply here, so it's a much harder task than normally ;) )

Oh - was it intentional (or was it a glich) that the Abandoned Ship keyes were in fact pets (or at least had their names...)?

Damn it! I forgot I replaced the keys with the pets... I must change that.

Wooh, a new IPS anyways like NainilJShah, which ticket? Can you actually redo the Shipwreck Quest again and how to get the 3 furis?

It's a ticket you get by bringing a certain item to a certain place.

The Furis all require Strength to get to, and have possibly the weirdest design I've ever seen. I'm not entirely sure what was going on in my head when I was spriting them. Strength is available on Gym Island, from Asimov. How to get to Gym Island? Bring the correct ticket to Gabriella on Route 119...

Years
I'm stuck too. How do you get the item you have to trade for the time that makes Gabriella take you to Gym Island?

...And where exactly did the previous beta stop? Haven't played Snakewood for ages and I dunno where to start searching.

Cutlerine

Years
I'm stuck too. How do you get the item you have to trade for the time that makes Gabriella take you to Gym Island?

...And where exactly did the previous beta stop? Haven't played Snakewood for ages and I dunno where to start searching.

You must trade one item that has been available for a while in order to get the ticket.

The previous beta stopped after defeating Senex atop the Necropolis.

Years
Stuck in New Mauville

First of all, I love this hack. The Dewford leader was extremely annoying, but you did say it had increased difficulty, so I'm happy. I especially like the Mysteryegg. Any chance you can tell me when it evolves? One of the trainers I battled had a level 22 Secretegg, but my Mysteryegg is level 24 and hasn't evolved yet.

The main reason I'm posting is because I'm stuck. I'm in New Mauville to investigate a murder, but I can't find the corpse. I've gone all over. I have a feeling it's blocked by a scientist who tells me to go away because he's working. Can you please tell me where the corpse is? I think I can figure it out from there. If not, you'll see me again.... Never mind, I didn't realize you could walk beneath him. Stupid walls looking wider than they are....

Back