• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamefreak089

Thunder Master GameFreak
Years
Giratina can't be caught without a Master Ball, which isn't obtainable at this point.

Also I recommend Giratina and Zoe should be treated like trainer battles. Even with Shadow Tag, there are ways to escape.

Too late, already caught them xD. Didn't feel like training my pokemon past lvl 75 since there wasn't any good training spots around. And, their stats are really uber ^^;; no wonder I couldn't beat Zod or Zoe *Whatever his name is*. I was how ever, able to beat Giratina with plenty of Hyper potions, revives, and a Steelix.

But, with the other poke after him. I wasn't able to beat him, since his attacks literally knocked all my pokes out with one hit.

Gamefreak089

Thunder Master GameFreak
Years
Cheat one... although, thinking about starting a new game. So, I can use a different Pokemon set :p. Or, I can release both Giratina and the other one so it can make the game more challenging.

Years
Reading all the posts about how hard the last event fights were for some of these people makes me in shock...

the only thing you need is a Venusaur with leech seed and a Dohydra for some good deffences and like 5 revives.. and almost forgot neeed a poke with reflect/light screen , Beated all three bosses on the first attempt with only pokes of level 40-50

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Reading all the posts about how hard the last event fights were for some of these people makes me in shock...

the only thing you need is a Venusaur with leech seed and a Dohydra for some good deffences and like 5 revives.. and almost forgot neeed a poke with reflect/light screen , Beated all three bosses on the first attempt with only pokes of level 40-50

I agree. It's not just about brute force. My favorite weapons are loss of accuracy, poisen, and Leech Seed. With those inflicted, you just need to wait a few turns for a definate victory.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hi pipz... Final patch is up.
The download links are on the first post after I finish uploading them, though.
Anyway, here are a few notes to bear in mind before switching from your previous game into the new final released game...

1. Save inside your house, or (in Bad Mode)inside your evil team's base...
2. If you just started playing the game, if possible, please start a new game if you wish to play the latest version.
3. Or if you don't want to start over, just make sure that you finish the event where Ryan gives you HM Rock Smash before switching the game.

And after you switched the game, please talk to the pyramid-guide-thing. Why? 'Cause I updated some old scripts' flags so berries will hopefully grow... =/

I am in a bit of a rush, so yeah...
I hope you'll enjoy the game.

If there are problems or glitches, please don't hesitate to post it here, and if possible, with screenshots...

Thanks~

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
GREAT!LoG was completed!That's exciting!This is my favorite hack!

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Now i will play it fully thanxs im so glad its finsished (or mainly done )

ill post some bugs once im done but also one thing at the first ranger base on my way to silkwood he says they had a problem with electrcity so they built windmills thats inncorrect windmills are to pump water from underground wind turbines are to get electricity just thought i would say that :)

Last edited:
Years
First off, congratulations on finishing the hack. I'm sure I'm gonna love the final outcome once I get to the more interesting parts of the game.
However, here's a few glitches I spotted right off the start...

1)
rubydestinylifeofguadia.png

After the encounter with Ryan, Kevin talks and then walks off. Once you disappear from his eyesight and go back to where he was, he will stand there and give you this message.
This, however, disappears once you talk to Light in the port.

2) *Missing screenshot*
As I continued downwards, I saw Light standing in the patch of grass, where the Ralts event was supposed to happen. I talked to him, then the screen immediately gave me an option to choose one of my two Pokemon. Whatever I did next, caused my game to freeze and I had to restart from my latest savepoint. Thankfully, it wasn't that far...

3)

I talked to Richard. Then went back to Rainbow Town. Then talked to Light and fought him. I'm supposed to fight Janice next, right?
Well, she isn't there. And I'm completely stuck and don't know what to do from here on. :/

I hope I can get around this one and continue bug-spotting, because it would suck seeing this hack who was worked on so hard get stuck so early on because of a scripting clash...

Otherwise, this is promising. Thank you for this, buddy! ;)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
First off, congratulations on finishing the hack. I'm sure I'm gonna love the final outcome once I get to the more interesting parts of the game.
However, here's a few glitches I spotted right off the start...

1)

After the encounter with Ryan, Kevin talks and then walks off. Once you disappear from his eyesight and go back to where he was, he will stand there and give you this message.
This, however, disappears once you talk to Light in the port.

2) *Missing screenshot*
As I continued downwards, I saw Light standing in the patch of grass, where the Ralts event was supposed to happen. I talked to him, then the screen immediately gave me an option to choose one of my two Pokemon. Whatever I did next, caused my game to freeze and I had to restart from my latest savepoint. Thankfully, it wasn't that far...

3)

I talked to Richard. Then went back to Rainbow Town. Then talked to Light and fought him. I'm supposed to fight Janice next, right?
Well, she isn't there. And I'm completely stuck and don't know what to do from here on. :/

I hope I can get around this one and continue bug-spotting, because it would suck seeing this hack who was worked on so hard get stuck so early on because of a scripting clash...

Otherwise, this is promising. Thank you for this, buddy! ;)

Did you start a new game or did you continue from a previous saved file from the previous beta versions?

darkbelgian

Belgian pokémaster xD
Years
I'm having the same problem, after a fight with light (which appears again if you return to the place and makes your game freeze) i come to an empty gym and I'm kinda stuck there. I just started playing it again since today, downloaded everything from scratch so I think its an new ingame error.

AustinWolff

has left
Years
heyo! i know you are getting all these questions, but I have a request --> You're world map looks awesome, and I think everyone would benefit if YOU made a tutorial on how to do it. The tutorials on the community don't explain things very well and I think it would be amazin if you could. Oh, and you definitely got my vote for Hack Of The Year

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Congratulations on the final release! I think I'll wait before the bugs in it are fixed before playing it, but congrats anyways. :D

Pikachu222

Hell Angel
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2017
I cant find shadow valley now chaomega said that i have 2 find giratina at shadow valley but where is shadow valley?

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
I have been playing just about to face Vincent haha i have found only one error (tile error) but other than that its going so great love the game man ;)

Years
i was not ur supporter earlier as once i played ur old beta and fund many glitches and very difficult but now as i see u released the final beta which would b bug free with in games level control,i am downloading it right away and becoming ur supporter just like i am supporting ur other hack
CONGRATS ON FINISHING LoG......

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Okay, so I used the wrong ROM to create a patch. =/
I will be reposting the fixed versions' links on the first post after I finished posting this post.
I am really really REALLY sorry for this guys. :(

Anyway, yeah, I hope you can retry to download it and hope you guys will enjoy the game. ;)
Also, please report any bugs if you spot any, and if possible, include screenshots. Thankies.

Years
Hmm... would it be possible to ask for hints on what to do after the main storyline is complete?
I'm really bad at figuring these out by myself... and I managed to 'catch' Shaymin, but haven't been able to figure out other events I could activate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back