• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Xigbar02ii

Xigbar's best buddy
Years
Hey, what do I do about getting into the pokemon league?

Also, what is with the brocken hearts? Or where to find lots of blue stones...

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Hey, what do I do about getting into the pokemon league?

Also, what is with the brocken hearts? Or where to find lots of blue stones...

If I'm right, there's only one location that you can surface from where you end up where you say you do. Go through the underwater cave and go into the next cave, where you can surface at Ever Grande. That's all I can suggest.

Broken Hearts don't do anything yet, but don't sell them or throw them away. You'll need them later.

Blue Stones can be mined in the Abandoned Mines, but you haven't got there yet. They're also fairly common as hidden items.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
If I'm right, there's only one location that you can surface from where you end up where you say you do. Go through the underwater cave and go into the next cave, where you can surface at Ever Grande. That's all I can suggest.

Broken Hearts don't do anything yet, but don't sell them or throw them away. You'll need them later.

Blue Stones can be mined in the Abandoned Mines, but you haven't got there yet. They're also fairly common as hidden items.
I think it's this hack but there was something odd in going into victory road.There were no warps, I had to use a-map and make the warp myself, I think this is a very big thing you should fix ;)

Cutlerine

Years
I think it's this hack but there was something odd in going into victory road.There were no warps, I had to use a-map and make the warp myself, I think this is a very big thing you should fix ;)

There are warps. Something went wrong at your end, not at mine. I know I can make some pretty big mistakes sometimes, but I know I wouldn't release a patch with such a glaring error in it. There are warps in mine, and always have been. In fact, I haven't even changed those warps from the original Ruby. So, I'm utterly unable to help you there. The fact that others have been able to get into the Road with no problems seems to confirm this fact.

Xigbar02ii

Xigbar's best buddy
Years

Sweet! Thanks Cuterline, secind cave lead me straight to ever grande. I need to stop asking question XD, but where's hm strength?

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Sweet! Thanks Cuterline, secind cave lead me straight to ever grande. I need to stop asking question XD, but where's hm strength?
It will be added in eventually.
And Cutlerine, sorry about that, I don't know what happened but for my perticular game it happened oh well, I'm already through that so I don't really care and I can't wait for the next update.

zealot

The King of Fail
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
You oughta try to get this moved over to the Hacks Showcase, honestly. It's pretty close to being done from the looks of things.

HackHackHack

Alias RayFlame
Years
I came across a locked gym somewhere between Lilycove to Pacifilog that says
it's locked because a demon monkey is inside. Is this nescessary or a future sidequest of Snakewood?

Cutlerine

Years
it's locked because a demon monkey is inside. Is this nescessary or a future sidequest of Snakewood?

Demon... monkey?

I honestly don't remember inserting that at all. Wow.

Er, I guess it was just meant to be a blocked-off Gym. I probably either intended it to be a future secret area, or was just being weird. Thinking over it, it's probably the second.

EDIT: Found this Gym! I'm now sure it was just a weird place, not a secret area. The Hoenn Tourist Board sign next to it seems to indicate that it wasn't part of any of my nonexistent plans.

Big news: Snakewood's main storyline is finished! I just need to add a few finishing touches and get rid of a few of the bugs you guys have so helpfully shown me!

There might even be an update tomorrow!

(If there isn't, it will definitely come sometime during the week after next.)

Last edited:
Years
Well, if you're going to update tomorrow, you could fix these bugs/glitches/oddities aswell.

15oa2py.png

The upper part is missing.
rjla3c.png

Two other parts are missing.
24xme1h.png

Why are there kids stuck between the trees?
2hzir1h.png

What is that Deadly Seven guy doing there?
20scbdl.png

Are we going to be able to enter it?
2s8qu10.png

When you talk to the sign, you hear a beep, nothing else.
14lhvyx.png

You can walk through that rock.
9fs7eq.png

A tile error.
2wqa2vl.png

Why am I sitting there? When you talk to him, you hear a beep and nothing else.
aaka68.png

In Meteor Falls, you can jump in the water and you get into the boat. I defeated the league and got to Sootopolis, and he asks me to fix the elevator. I did that before!

And finally, you can walk on ledges in Route 1. I haven't made a screenshot but it should be really easy to fix.

I hope these help you :)

Cutlerine

Years
24xme1h.png

Why are there kids stuck between the trees?

Do I need a reason to do something like that?

As for the tile error, that's got nothing to do with me. I haven't touched the Contest Hall, so I've no idea what's going on there.

And that sign? This is a weird recurring problem that happens to everyone except me. All my testers - you guys, and my own secret group - have reported that that sign doesn't do anything, yet whenever I talk to it, it works fine. I've redone it countless times without success, but I'll do it once more just for you, since you're so wonderfully helpful.

Last edited:
Years
Do I need a reason to do something like that?

As for the tile error, that's got nothing to do with me. I haven't touched the Contest Hall, so I've no idea what's going on there.

And that sign? This is a weird recurring problem that happens to everyone except me. All my testers - you guys, and my own secret group - have reported that that sign doesn't do anything, yet whenever I talk to it, it works fine. I've redone it countless times without success, but I'll do it once more just for you, since you're so wonderfully helpful.

No, you're right, you don't need one.
But are you going to be able to enter the Devon building?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2011
How did you get all the text? On my ROM, I only have up to Route 1. Can you please give me a link to the rom you used?

Cutlerine

Years
How did you get all the text? On my ROM, I only have up to Route 1. Can you please give me a link to the rom you used?

I rewrote the text myself, using Advance-Map and XSE. I only use A-Text for text that is otherwise unchangeable (such as Birch's intro).

Also, linking to a ROM would be illegal, and I'm certain that no one here would even dream of downloading such things. ;)

EDIT: In future, if you want help with things like that, PM or VM me rather than clutter the thread, please. Not that I'm picking on you in particular, Earthhawk, but this has happened before.

Years

I've made screenshots of it. It's located at Route 126.
34o3tom.png

faq6ir.png

ndwtiw.png

2cxcker.png

mj7i36.png

2ppemwz.png

t6w18w.png

6ghqnp.png

And some areas that would be available in the next update, so you won't forget to unlock them :)
wjxgty.png

35nd4e9.png

and
1z64dpg.png

Back