• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Hey! I was just wondering, is this supposed to be like this?

148nssm.png

And also, if you put the red item where it needs to be, is Moltres automatically supposed to be there? Because when I get there its an empty room.

pirateof7sea

I shall crush your hope even if there is none.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Is it the purpose of Live Beta is to patch over a ROM that already patched with Official Release or a Clean FR ROM?

Well, I really could not understand the explanation of LaZ. I found some comments here said so. Can anyone clarify it?

Years
What do you mean patching the Live Beta with the Official Beta. They're both IPS files, aren't they ? I thought you could only patch an IPS file with a GBA file.

Well i really meant the offcial beta GBA file not IPS one!!!

One more question (probably a stupid question..), but is that damn Suicune catchable??
OMG I've spent like half an hour trying to catch that damn blue thing, but it WON'T FRIGGIN CATCH!!!

Well i easily catched it within 2 ultra balls

I want to catch one early though. And they do not show up in Union Cave.

entrance floor- Nothing shows up
Room where you find swift- Geodude, Rattata, Zubat, Spinarak

Wooper isn't in Union cave,

WOOPER is in the route south of Violet city...

how do i get poke flute, because i cant get futher than snorlax

Pokeflute is replaced by Poke Tar in this beta. Its given to you by the Goldenrod Radio Tower Director when you Give him the Program Given to you by the Lavender Radio tower Director

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
i´m stuck in valenecia island, i can´t go to palet town because the train says left 10 minutes to go,but is past an hour :(

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
Well can you tell us when the live version updates? Updating it daily in hopes that it did update will be troublesome.

Also does anyone know the locations of stones? I can for see me needing a moon stone and a thunder/waterstone

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
how come i get like 500 exp points for killing a level 3 pokemon in the beginning of the game?

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
I believe Thundersones were sold in Blackthorne's Pokemon Center iirc.

Also I'm curious if anyone else had a crash in Union Cave going to where Lapras is. I started walking south through the cave and it pops up found Master Ball then the screen dumps a message Qaf Qaf Qaf and freezes.

Also is there a version with the Elite 4 fixed as I had to use the walkthrough walls code to get through to Will.

Off hand I know there are Moonstones in the Dark Cave and Tohjo Falls. Not sure if it's in, but maybe there will be the Moonstone event in Mt Moon.

Well Kanto now awaits.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
My chikorita is leveling up after every battle? Is this right? Its getting like 800 exp for killing a level 5 pokemon.

Years
Well i really meant the offcial beta GBA file not IPS one!!!

Ok, I didn't know there was one, because when I click on the links LaZ gave all the files are IPS. Where do I find the official beta GBA file ? (Sorry if my question seems stupid, but I'm not very good at computing stuff :$)

Years
Ok, I didn't know there was one, because when I click on the links LaZ gave all the files are IPS. Where do I find the official beta GBA file ? (Sorry if my question seems stupid, but I'm not very good at computing stuff :$)

There is not any GBA LIQUID CRYSTAL file. you have to patch the fire red gba rom file with either the LIVE BETA IPS file or THE OFFICIAL BETA IPS file...

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
Years
I hate to say it but I'm stuck... I have all the badges from Kanto, including going through the undersea cavern to find blaine, I have completed the elite 4 round two.

What do I need to do to continue the team Saturn storyline? Do I did to fight Red first? I think I've explored everywhere in the undersea cavern, I haven't used walk through walls so of course I may have missed something.

Can anyone help me out?

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
I hate to say it but I'm stuck... I have all the badges from Kanto, including going through the undersea cavern to find blaine, I have completed the elite 4 round two.

What do I need to do to continue the team Saturn storyline? Do I did to fight Red first? I think I've explored everywhere in the undersea cavern, I haven't used walk through walls so of course I may have missed something.

Can anyone help me out?

u must defeat red and axel will call u after battle

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
Ok, well, I've come across a bunch of oddities, I wouldn't really call these problems just some weird things that shouldn't be.
For starters, While the thought of it is cute, I don't think that Gardevoir should be able to learn Rollout.

That same Gardevoir traced a Pikachu and the Ability is copied was called Saturn.

The egg i got from the daycare couple hatched into a Tyrouge. While nothing's really wrong with that, The Fighting Guru at Mt.Mortar is supposed to give you the only Tyrouge in the game. Aside from Togepi, Tyrouge is the only baby pokemon that can't hatch from that egg. Not really a problem since it is a baby pokemon and that egg is supposed to hatch a baby pokemon, but just something to ponder about.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
kills the fun of the game.
I was just wondering if its suppose to level up that easily.

There is not any GBA LIQUID CRYSTAL file. you have to patch the fire red gba rom file with either the LIVE BETA IPS file or THE OFFICIAL BETA IPS file...

I found a liquid crystal .gba file. Its the only way I could play on my android since I don't know how to patch. I can't remember where I got the file though

Last edited:
Back