• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
Actually, I just checked. It turns out that all attacks are now PHYSICAL :/
I don't know why at this stage - but I can confirm 100% that the elemental punches are physical attacks.

i have latest live beta , wobbuffet still use mirror coat not counter on elemental punches , shadow ball is still physic (now should be special)

cbd

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2012
After I defeated RED,AXEL called me.
Where should go?
I forgot it=[

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2013
Me toooo !

I have the same problem with you ! :( i`m stuck there too ..

what is the different of official release and live beta ?? :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
Axel should be in Vermillion City iirc. He'll be in front of the area where Machop was a building a building in red/blue/yellow. Which surprise there's a building there now.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
In my opinion, this game would be better without the black/white exp system. I for one can't stand having to fight lots more pokemon just to raise one of my pokemons level.

I will add this, nintendo should of never made that exp system.

Whether you agree with it or not - it is now official. Also - it actually INCREASES the base experience given out, not lowers it.

It may be beneficial to integrate some sort of system of informing people the type of attack something is, if we're insistent on keeping it. Then it might be easier to detect...

ALSO: in this version downloaded after someone told me my version "Must be out of date" the EXP bug still remains.

Noted - We'll try to add such a system shortly. As of 20:22 GMT on 6/1/2012 - This system has been added to the latest live beta.

Honestly - I've tried everything and I CANNOT replicate these bugs that people are getting. I tried starting a new game, I tried using multiple Pokémon in battle and everything worked fully as intended. However - I only tested 2 emulators - in which I got the intended results. I speculated before that it could be because a software interrupt used by the system may be missing on some emulators. What I'm saying is that (at the moment) it seems to be emulator specific.

i have latest live beta , wobbuffet still use mirror coat not counter on elemental punches , shadow ball is still physic (now should be special)

Wobbuffet using Mirror Coat rather than Counter is a bug with the AI rather than the actual split itself. However - to the best of my knowledge, Growl (etc) correctly affects Physical Attacks and Calm Mind (etc) correctly affect the Special Attacks.

Shadow Ball is 100% special. The amount of damage it now does when Gastly/Haunter/Gengar use it is a testament to that fact!

Last edited:
Years
For what its worth, I think the wild pokemon in Kanto should be at higher levels. Maybe add the vs seeker, as I always enjoyed that item as it aids in training your party.

Also for the latest updates to the live beta, was their any bug fixes that affected the game majorly?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
For what its worth, I think the wild pokemon in Kanto should be at higher levels. Maybe add the vs seeker, as I always enjoyed that item as it aids in training your party.

It is in the game. It's called the POKéGEAR. XD

Also for the latest updates to the live beta, was their any bug fixes that affected the game majorly?

Special/Physical split should be fixed. Including the Mirror Coat / Counter glitch.
This EXP glitch looks to be caused by the emulator itself - potentially a missing software interrupt.

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Umm... I didn't put anything in the Daycare... What the heck is a / 36?

Daycare.png

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Umm... I didn't put anything in the Daycare... What the heck is a / 36?

Daycare.png

That, good sir, is a bad egg. If you would be so kind as to tell us what you have done recently in the game, it would be most helpful. :)

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
That, good sir, is a bad egg. If you would be so kind as to tell us what you have done recently in the game, it would be most helpful. :)

Hmm.... Not much... battled the rivals, went through Ilex forest, spent about 45 minutes trying to find a Heracross in the trees in Ilex and the Route before Azalea. (Still haven't found a single one. It's infuriating.) Had a conversation with the Glitchtree (as I call it), as mentioned in one of my earlier posts.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2014
I just got to the elite four (first time) and I go into the room and the wall is blocking me, I can't exit or move. Also I had Claire appear in her gym as a long black rectangle lol.

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
It is in the game. It's called the POKéGEAR. XD

Special/Physical split should be fixed. Including the Mirror Coat / Counter glitch.
This EXP glitch looks to be caused by the emulator itself - potentially a missing software interrupt.

I don't think the split is entirely fixed. I started a new game with the latest live beta and chose a Chikorita. I battled a wild Sentret and used only Growl, but its Scratch always did 3 damage. However, a wild Hoothoot using Growl makes my Chikorita's Tackle do less damage. I think enemy pokemon's attacks might still be all Special. Also, the new physical/special/status indicator on the status screen shows Growl as a physical attack.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I don't think the split is entirely fixed. I started a new game with the latest live beta and chose a Chikorita. I battled a wild Sentret and used only Growl, but its Scratch always did 3 damage. However, a wild Hoothoot using Growl makes my Chikorita's Tackle do less damage. I think enemy pokemon's attacks might still be all Special. Also, the new physical/special/status indicator on the status screen shows Growl as a physical attack.

That's just a data bug. LC is still using the archaic split numbering system, from before this hack was developed and added. Back then, if it wasn't special, it was 0x0.

As such, when this newest hack was added, it is reading Growl as a physical attack.

However, this does not impact upon the use of the hack itself AKAIK, as status attacks will never call the damage calculation code, and as such, are never checked for split status.

I just got to the elite four (first time) and I go into the room and the wall is blocking me, I can't exit or move. Also I had Claire appear in her gym as a long black rectangle lol.

You need to update to the newest live beta where both of these issues are fixed. See Linkandzelda's post for more information.

Hmm.... Not much... battled the rivals, went through Ilex forest, spent about 45 minutes trying to find a Heracross in the trees in Ilex and the Route before Azalea. (Still haven't found a single one. It's infuriating.) Had a conversation with the Glitchtree (as I call it), as mentioned in one of my earlier posts.

The only things there which could potentially cause that bug are the rival battles and the Glitchtree conversation.

Heracross can only be caught in Ilex Forest in that area of the game. It is EXTREMELY rare however. Something like a 1% chance of finding it every time you succeed at finding a Pokémon.

Overall, something like a 0.03% chance of finding a Heracross every time you headbutt a tree.

In other news, I finally tracked down what's causing the no-exp gain bug, and I'm working on fixing it now.

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
That's just a data bug. LC is still using the archaic split numbering system, from before this hack was developed and added. Back then, if it wasn't special, it was 0x0.

As such, when this newest hack was added, it is reading Growl as a physical attack.

However, this does not impact upon the use of the hack itself AKAIK, as status attacks will never call the damage calculation code, and as such, are never checked for split status.

What about the bug where using Growl on an opposing pokemon doesn't lower the damage done by its Tackle, as though it were a special attack when used by opposing pokemon?

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2014
You need to update to the newest live beta where both of these issues are fixed. See Linkandzelda's post for more information.

I downloaded 3.1 and I patched FireRed again and loaded up the old save. It's still stuck >.<

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
What about the bug where using Growl on an opposing pokemon doesn't lower the damage done by its Tackle, as though it were a special attack when used by opposing pokemon?

That's fairly inexplicable, to be honest. I can't find any explanation for it. Although - are you really sure that this is what's happening?
Bear in mind there is a minimum damage level for an attack.

Nonetheless, I could have sworn that the game correctly calculates how much damage it should do.

EDIT: I just checked on the Live Beta, and Growl works exactly as intended - so I have no idea what's causing your problems. And when I say checked, I mean I actually ran the game in a debugger and watched command by command to see what the game did, and on using Tackle, it correctly loaded the nerfed Physical Attack stat.

I downloaded 3.1 and I patched FireRed again and loaded up the old save. It's still stuck >.<

Did you save in that place? If so, i'm afraid you're stuck. You would need to use a walk through walls code to get free from it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
ok now i need help with something XD first time in ever
so ive beaten red, and silver
how do i upgrade my SS ticket to travel to the orange islands?

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2014
Did you save in that place? If so, i'm afraid you're stuck. You would need to use a walk through walls code to get free from it.

I saved right outside it so I'm good. But every time I try to go in, i'm stuck in the walls. Maybe I'll use the walk through walls code.

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Heracross can only be caught in Ilex Forest in that area of the game. It is EXTREMELY rare however. Something like a 1% chance of finding it every time you succeed at finding a Pokémon.

Overall, something like a 0.03% chance of finding a Heracross every time you headbutt a tree.

Only in Ilex forest? And only a 1% chance? Why? It was found in a lot more places in the original...

It's really unnecessary for it to be so rare... Disappointing, too.

Last edited:
Back