• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I'll be getting some sleep now. If anyone encounters any errors, as always, be sure to post them. I'd also like to hear your thoughts and opinions on the story & characters I've created. Enjoy the Full Beta 1, everyone!

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2016
Can anyone tell me how riolu does evolve?
With friendship again or a stone or sth.?

Years
Finished all the events up till Kyurem! Just a mention of a few errors again..

1. Salem (I think this was it..)'s Poke Mart cannot be accessed. I think there was a NPC here who doesnt talk also

2. Beartic's typing is Fire/Rock xD I was quite astonished when my Victini's Fire Punch did hardly anything to it lol

Im so curious on how the storyline will proceed!! Good luck on working on the next beta.. although you deserve a good long rest before that ^^

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Shomoher

Wow, those are 2 big Obvious errors I missed. Thanks! I'll get to fixing them right away.

EDIT: Both errors mentioned in the above post have now been fixed in the update I just added.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I also hear there's this 649 patch that's coming out soon that'll allow you to have ALL of the pokemon in 1 hack? If this is true, you can expect the 2nd region to be loaded with new pokemon that didn't make the first cut & some really good ones that are already added.
JPAN's working on it. Thread is present here so you can check it.
But IIRC it's still in testing phase...

Tsunbear was Magcargo? :D Interesting exchange :D

Anyways I'll be starting tomorrow and will inform you of any glitches I find, keep up the great work, DRG ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2016
Bugs that i´ve found:
On the route before you enter the "Frozen Dungeon" there´s a trainer with a galvantula that only knows struggle. There´s another bug on the same route -> If you go to the left side in the direction of the wall, there will appear a "present" (item) and if you click it, you´ll have a fight to someone.
In the Frozen Dungeon are many "going down arrows" if you.. yeah walk down. ^^
I don´t know if you wanna keep that but in the mansion all diary entrys are of the discovering of mew as like as in the original edition.
The last thing i mention is more a question than a bug report -> i´ve beaten the grunts in the frozen dungeon but i can´t go straight forward and i can´t turn back to the last city (i think the name of the city is "SALEM"), because i can´t go out of the mansion. I´m practically trapped.

- I hope that will help you a bit :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2016
Oh and another thing: I can´t go back in the cave above "SALEM" -> I think the cave is named the "Mystic Cave" or something like that. Something`s just blocking the entrance.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2012
First above everything else great hack DarkRising Girl! Now a few questions how do trade evo only pokemon evolve if they can at all? Is the Victini event in this beta and if so will I have to talk to side characters to activate the quest or is it story driven I know it is missable. Final question in the fight with Tornadus did you mean to have the dialogue from the first fight with your rival in the fight with Tornadus to or was that a glitch? A few other things I really like how you have starters you catch in the wild carrying exp. share it did me wonders. I loved the idea of starting with a dragon type I always hated waiting to the end of a game to find one. Keep up the good work!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Levimontal

Thanks, although I believe some ppl got past the frozen dungeon, I'll check that event out. I'll fix all of those errors within the next hour so in about 2 hours, download the updated beta.

@_Nixon1

Trade only people can evolve by Level up. I think I listed it in a post a few pages back. You can check it if you want. Most pokemon who required trade evolve in the lv40s. The Tornadus event wasn't Meant to be like that. But I came up with a speech that would fit both battles, win or lose. The Victini event is hidden, but you don't have to talk to nobody to trigger it. You just have to play through & after a battle with a particular friend, just do the opinion thing he says ^.^

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
I'm stuck on the S.S. Titanic with Sydney acting as the Cut Master from the original game and I don't know what to do... And excuse my user name i am not that active on this and did not bother with an actual one XD

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Fake Name

lol Funny user name. Are you stuck as in an error is blocking you or are you stuck in terms of not knowing where to go? After you defeat Kayo in the ship, talk to Sydney & she'll explain herself and give you cut. Then, the gym leader of that town will be accessible to battle now. After you battle her, head off to Grass Isle.

About the house in Mystic Falls that's locked & the Cave at the top area of Flamen City; These places are not allowed entry for a Big Reason. Remember I told you guys I was adding legendaries to the hack to be obtained? Well, if you've played through to the end of the beta thus far, you've already pass by 3 of these areas that the legendaries will appear at After you've done a specific event much later on in the full hack. I already have it all planed out & it's pretty obvious which legendary will appear in the cave at the top of Flamen City once the event has been activated later on in the game.

I Just uploaded another error fixed updated beta. This update fixes the invisible block allowing you to go back to Mystic Cave/The path in Frozen Dungeon that allows you to go into Kyurem's Den is now walkable(sorry for that guys)/The trainer with the Galvantula in Rosary Graveyard now has attacks for it/I believe(Although I didn't check it personally, I just change it in A-map) I fixed the Arrows Down in Frozen Dungeon/Kyurem's Den. If the arrows are still popping up, let me know/The present box next to the entrance of the Frozen Dungeon is now gone.

Make sure to download it so you can continue farther without errors. Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/gbarompokemonfirered.png/

I dont believe this is the correct text for sydney

I believe things from your hack and the original fire red got mixed up in my game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
Just new here. Congrats and thank you for this great hack. Btw, how about evolving feebas?..
More power and best of luck to beta 2.

Years
Im indeed in love with the story of the hack. I made it so far as to salem. V was a interesting character to say the least. i feel we will see more of him somehow in the future. Dray and Florina are a funny pair. i will download the update rom and play farther as soon as possible.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Fake Name

Yeah I believe so too. Did you patch it to a fresh, clean Fire Red Rom? Because after you walk up the stairs where the captain orginally is in Fire Red, this is suppose to happen:

2edcapj.png

After that, you're suppose to battle Kayo. After defeating him, he'll disappear(as usual) & the player will walk up and talk to Sydney who'll talk in her name, not as the captain. She'll give you cut & you'll be able to battle Serena, the 3rd gym leader.
Try Coolrom.com for a clean copy of Fire Red & patch it. Then open up your save file from the copy you're playing now. Walk upstairs again & the events Should trigger properly. However, if this was the case & the original fire red mixed with my events somehow, it could have affected events that you've encountered so far. I know you probably worked hard to train your pokemon, but my advice is, after you patch the ips to a clean FR Rom, to maybe start your game over because other things could have gotten mixed up Before the boat event in the copy you were playing & maybe you didn't get to experience the actual events I've set up due to the mixup. It's your decision, maybe everything did work fine up until the ship event.

@_emem041809

You know, I completely forgot about Feebas/Milotic & the "Max Beauty" requirement. I just uploaded an updated rom that changes the way it evolves. Feebas will evolve into Milotic at Lv30. Be sure to download it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/gbarompokemonfirered1.png/
Yes I'm using a clean rom, it's still not working. I think once your next beta is released I will try patching it and see if that works. But do you have any other ideas other than starting a new game? X(

Great game by the way, It's a very interesting story and I would really like to continue.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
That is weird. I wonder why it isn't working properly for you. Did Kayo at least battle you & Sydney give you cut? If she does, that should trigger the pink haired woman to disappear from blocking your path to battle the 3rd gym leader in Mystic Falls.

EDIT: If you still can't move on, PM me & I'll send you a direct copy of the hack that has the working event. I just played through it & it worked perfectly. (Btw, try after patching it again with the updated rom in the main post, to leave the ship completely. Then return back after entering a poke center.)

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
This hack is great, it has a great future ahead I'll be a supporter of this. Just played through the starting and I'd like to say the game is pretty much easy so it'd be nice if you increased the difficulty. I would say that you must decrease the size of the new sprites. Sprites like Mincinno are too big xD. Overall I like the concept a lot and the graphics are great. Wish you good luck in this as you've done a wonderful job.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Thanks Creampuff. My advice on the difficulty is, play up until the 2nd gym leader, Brock, and Entei. That's when the level difficulty begins to rise alot more. If you still think it's easy after the 2nd gym, I'll ask others & may consider raising it if they agree.

Back