• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HGSS Team Rocket, or DPPl Team Galactic?

Wings_of_Titanium

Gentleman Adventurer
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 16, 2014
I preferred Team Rocket. Team Galactic seemed like a half-hearted attempt to introduce a deep and meaningful plot into pokemon. I hope I don't upset anyone by saying this, but I don't think pokemon really lends itself to deep, complex plots, which is perhaps why Team Galactic came off as being a bit lame.

Both come off as 1-dimensional villains of course, but Team Rocket at least had the comical silliness in their favour - they never pretended to be more. I did kind of like distortion world and the accompanying creation myths though. I got a kick out of the attitude that I imagine my protagonist to have.'"this pokemon took wing, and people gained the power of reason." And now it's stuck in a pokeball, suckers! Gonna stick it in my PC just so I have a complete set.'

I'm totally nobler than Teams Rocket & Galactic, in case anyone's wondering.

Grotesque

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 22, 2014
Team Rocket because Team Galactic were quite boring (apart from at their HQ) and it was great to be battling the classic villain team again on the DS.

Years
Team Galactic's goals (well, Cyrus') of wiping everything away with the legendary Pokémon felt more ambivalent and terrifying than what Team Rocket's were.

But the general volume of Team Rocket's actions, such as cutting off Slowpoke Tails, forcing the Magikarp to evolve and trying to use the radio signal to control other Pokémon, felt more excessive and not as overdone, though.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Team Galatic is much more than Team Rocket in Design if you say and also the plot showed Team Galatic much more Stronger than Team Rocket both in battles and in strategy.

Strom Thunder

The Apocalypse :D
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 25, 2014
Team Galactic !! They proparbly rock more then Team rocket haha. Team galactic is indeed very cleaver, Not like our Team rocket at all. My favorite team is Team plasma, But really gotta give it to Team Galactic when its fighting !

Years
Team Galactic, mostly because Cyrus is a sick person with unrealistic ambitions.
And, Cyrus' craziness is a factor for Ghetsis' personality.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I love Team Galactic. The fact that the leader of the team actually shows up is one reason. Plus the guy was absolutely crazy! xD He wanted to destroy the universe. I also loved how colorful their outfits were. They were a lot better than Team Rockets. xD Plus the admins were quite interesting imo. :3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Team Galactic. I actually felt like the player character was in danger with the threat of the Galactic bombs as well as Cyrus seeming like he wanted to finish off the main character. Also the admins had much more personality than Team Rocket's, of which the last two didn't appear except for the last battle against the Team...

Back