• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
Can I put a .gif pic in my profile picture? (Not avatar)

It's tough to be sure since not many of us seem to upload animated profile pictures, but since we're allowed to do this with avatars and signatures, hopefully, it should work (so long as it's within maximum size limit). =) If it does not, then sadly, we might have to settle for static images.

Just tested it and I can confirm that gifs can be used as profile pictures.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Can I put a .gif pic in my profile picture? (Not avatar)

Just tested it and I can confirm that gifs can be used as profile pictures.

My avatar is evidence enough that gifs can be used.

Here's the thing about it. If the gif in itself is bigger than the dimensions allowed by your ranking (which in your case is 120x120 I believe.) then PC will automatically resize and reformat it into a static image. That being said, you can use this to resize your gif.

http://ezgif.com/resize

Steps to resize image:
1. Upload file/copy and paste image url of gif
2. Resize image if image is too large. Note: if you're going to reduce the size of the image, make sure you do it by the percentage of the gif. What I mean is if you have a 500x250 gif and you want to resize it to a smaller size, do it by like 20% which would make the new dimensions 400x200 (100 is 1/5 of 500 and 50 is 1/5 of 250.) By reducing it by a percentage instead of just random amounts, you are keeping the pixels intact within the picture.
3. If you just want a specific part of the gif after you resize it, click "crop" in the hud bar. This will allow you to take just pieces of a gif and make it the desired size (note: you don't have to do the percentages in that part.
4. Once you're done hit "save" in the hud bar which should download the image, then you can upload directly from PC to make the image your avatar. If everything is done correctly the gif should work.

Hope this helps, mate. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a VM and I can work you through the steps.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years

Here's the thing about it. If the gif in itself is bigger than the dimensions allowed by your ranking (which in your case is 120x120 I believe.) then PC will automatically resize and reformat it into a static image. That being said, you can use this to resize your gif.

Steps to resize image:
2. Resize image if image is too large. Note: if you're going to reduce the size of the image, make sure you do it by the percentage of the gif. What I mean is if you have a 500x250 gif and you want to resize it to a smaller size, do it by like 20% which would make the new dimensions 400x200 (100 is 1/5 of 500 and 50 is 1/5 of 250.) By reducing it by a percentage instead of just random amounts, you are keeping the pixels intact within the picture.
3. If you just want a specific part of the gif after you resize it, click "crop" in the hud bar. This will allow you to take just pieces of a gif and make it the desired size (note: you don't have to do the percentages in that part.
4. Once you're done hit "save" in the hud bar which should download the image, then you can upload directly from PC to make the image your avatar. If everything is done correctly the gif should work.

Hope this helps, mate. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a VM and I can work you through the steps.

That's a great explanation and should probably be set up somewhere as a guide, but he, unfortunately, isn't talking about avatars, but profile pictures. :p

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
That's a great explanation and should probably be set up somewhere as a guide, but he, unfortunately, isn't talking about avatars, but profile pictures. :p

Same thing applies to profile pictures, just needs to be within the dimensions eligible or it will resize the gif to a static image. I've had one in the past as my profile picture so I know it works. Just replace avatar with profile picture in that explanation and you're golden.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years

Steps to resize image:

I'd like to have a gif as a avatar, is there anything that I can do to have the image in my avi move? Yes, the file is a .gif

Just two posts above El Héroe Oscuro posted a great guide on how to make sure your .gif moves in your avatar. :)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I got 2 questions :)
When i click on a thread thats the last posted in that forum it brings u too that post generally but when i click it sometimes it brings me too a page 1-3 pages before that with some random post and i end up quoting it or something and its like a couple weeks old lol is this a normal problem or is it just because i work on my ipad?
Another is more an inquiry haha i looked at the 2 threads im the real dave made and he said some pretty insulting things to the community and was not very "nice" to the staff actually he was very rude im just wondering why it took so long to ban him or are we all just that nice here :)
Also is it really acceptable to have him post things like come on over to "my forum"?

Years
I got 2 questions :)
When i click on a thread thats the last posted in that forum it brings u too that post generally but when i click it sometimes it brings me too a page 1-3 pages before that with some random post and i end up quoting it or something and its like a couple weeks old lol is this a normal problem or is it just because i work on my ipad?
It probably takes you to the post in which was made after you last read the thread. If you want to go to the last post in the thread, click the arrow beside the timestamp instead of on the actual thread and it should take you there.

Another is more an inquiry haha i looked at the 2 threads im the real dave made and he said some pretty insulting things to the community and was not very "nice" to the staff actually he was very rude im just wondering why it took so long to ban him or are we all just that nice here :)
I'm not representing those that took action, so this may or may not have a correct analysis, but usually the higher staff has to come to a majority before placing a ban, or a user would also have to accumulate the proper amount of infraction points first before they're banned. Sometimes it's case-by-case basis as well.

Also is it really acceptable to have him post things like come on over to "my forum"?
Of course not! If you ever see advertising, always report it!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
It probably takes you to the post in which was made after you last read the thread. If you want to go to the last post in the thread, click the arrow beside the timestamp instead of on the actual thread and it should take you there.

I'm not representing those that took action, so this may or may not have a correct analysis, but usually the higher staff has to come to a majority before placing a ban, or a user would also have to accumulate the proper amount of infraction points first before they're banned. Sometimes it's case-by-case basis as well.

Of course not! If you ever see advertising, always report it!

Thank u i saw it at the top of the post that he had an issue and there was a better thread on another forum that his "buddies" and he added a link and everything so i do think those threads started by him should be deleted. Thanks again Tsutarja! :)

Years
Is the multiple quoting notifications bug fixed yet?

Normally I'd be patient but it's been over 8 months since I first addressed this issue. It must be a more difficult problem to fix than I originally thought?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Is the multiple quoting notifications bug fixed yet?

Normally I'd be patient but it's been over 8 months since I first addressed this issue. It must be a more difficult problem to fix than I originally thought?
It's on the to-do list. It's not like it's being worked on for 8 months, there have been other priorities to be worked on. That said it's... for lack of better words, an awkward bug to fix. Hopefully it will get looked at in the near future. For now though, it doesn't take long to close a notification, nor is the bug too frequent.

Years
It's on the to-do list. It's not like it's being worked on for 8 months, there have been other priorities to be worked on. That said it's... for lack of better words, an awkward bug to fix. Hopefully it will get looked at in the near future. For now though, it doesn't take long to close a notification, nor is the bug too frequent.

Thanks for answering.

I mean, the bug itself seems like nothing major, but having been such a long time since I last addressed this and with no signs of this bug being worked on I was just concerned.

And personally, it does happen quite frequently and I do it to others too, often unknowingly.

Galmar

Banned
Years
Is there any way I can make Generation 2 my default forum theme? Whenever I log back in, I get Let's Fly Together again.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Is there any way I can make Generation 2 my default forum theme? Whenever I log back in, I get Let's Fly Together again.
If you scroll down a bit in your options, you can set your default theme and it will stay. Just remember to hit save!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back