• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Haha I don't know if that's been my dad since I came out but at first it was all "you've never dated anyone, you don't know" and "just cause you find celebrities attractive, doesn't mean you lik guys. A lot of guys really like famous people and they aren't gay." No dad, I genuinely find men sexually attractive and there's a lot of male celebrities I want to have sex with, not just admire." (I'm looking at you Chris Pratt). and I guess you just have to remind always people that you're not into the opposite sex in a sexual/romantic way. I think he will get it fully, I just need to remind him every now and then until it's rotted deep in his brain.

Edit: Sorry for selfishly self-promoting, but I feel like you guys would like my last blog entry cause I get a lot off my chest and announce something very much related to this club and what it supports. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
MEGAEVOLVEBUMP

Hello again everyone!~

Moving away from possibly-LGBT characters can we move on to a brand new LGBT actress? Moving on to our screens in this season's American Horror Story.

Erika Ervin transitioned from male to female, before taking to modelling and acting work. She's known as 'Amazon Eve' on AHS and you can probably see why - she's 6'8" of fabulous~.

Here is a video of Erika talking about her role in AHS and how it relates to her struggles in real life.

It is currently unclear as to who her character is in AHS - but it seems implied that Erika is not transgendered in the show and is just an incredibly tall woman. Unless anyone has seen otherwise? o:
Holy hell. She's gorgeous. I'm glad to see a bit more trans representation though and I kind of hope her character does end up being trans and being a good portrayal. It would be pretty great.

Years
A couple of days ago, I came out to my mother as bisexual. Well, I actually never thought I would come out to her before having a girlfriend or any other "real" reason. (Being bisexual, you always feel like you need a reason to come out. At least for me it's that way) But still, I've kept this part secret from her for a long time and I always felt that I would like to share this with her but I never had the courage to do so. This was until she mentioned how she had watched a documentary about a bisexual man who found it hard to come out to close friends and family etc. My mother said that it was unfortunate how society treats minorities, so I figured this would be a good opportunity to come out.

Well, she seemed kind of shocked and kept asking whether I was really sure (if I wasn't, I wouldn't tell her) and how I would know etc. I could feel that she was trying to deny it and we changed topic soon. After talking to her, I felt really horrible and regretted having told her. Now that it's been a couple of days, I feel a lot better. Especially because I have the feeling that I don't have to hide anything anymore. On top of that, she was the last person that I hadn't come out to. It's such a relief! Coming out to family is the scariest thing in my opinion so I'm happy I finally did it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
It is always interesting though how people are completely 100% cool with it until its their own child/brother/family member lol. It's like "we need half way houses to rehabilitate drug addicts but NOT IN MY STREET"

Years
i think when i do come out my family will be like "yupp called it" it took forever for my mom to stop saying "look at those ******s" in such a demeaning manor. like okay understandable when she grew up that term was used to describe a gay guy and she still uses that term but now im like "mom your saying that is such a negative way and i don't like it" so now shes like okay im sorry i don't mean for it to sound so negative and there is nothing wrong with being gay" i just don't want my dad to be disappointed in me.. he's very old school and catholic and i just cant bring my self to tell them incase he just distances himself from me. like teenage years he disowned me twice and i would go days without talking to him now im an adult i don't want to lose this bond ive made with him again. and my sister whenever i say a gay joke or something she just kind of laughs like "ha..." all awkward. but her boyfriend is so determined to find out if im gay or not lol its kinda fun im like nope not saying. and my older brother.. well he would just not talk to me at all... >.> he's so against gays im like oh wow...

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
I didn't know where else to post this.

Right, I need suggestions.

For the past two months I've been in a relationship with a pretty cool lady.

Thing is there are a lot of things that concern me and I'm not sure what my next step should be.

First, she seems so much more into me than I am into her. I just... I don't feel chemistry. I don't feel a connection, like at all. I feel nothing that makes me want to spend time with her.

Second, I work, a lot. I just started a new job at the hospital and I just simply don't have time for a relationship right now. I am married to my job, working a ton of overtime and picking up sixteen hour work shifts. It's not fair to her to be in a relationship where I might be able to text her once or twice a day then run off to work all night. Our schedules conflict. I'm a third shift worker, she's a day person. It just doesn't work out at all when her usual bedtime is like ten o'clock, which is when I'm usually getting up and ready for work.

Third, finance. Dating is expensive. And while I am picking up a lot of hours, I also have a lot of expenses. I'm currently trying to save up for a better vehicle, plus my rent went up. And she does not have a job not really. See, she has schizophrenia which brings me to point four.

The schizophrenia. It... it irks me. I honestly am open and willing here, but the more I think about it I realize, I just can't handle it. At work a part of my job is watching psych patients on 72 hour holds. And we've been getting a ton of them lately. And the things she's been saying? Like how she's usually in the hospital at least a couple times a year? I just sit there, seeing family, or the person all alone.. Just... It's the lowest I've ever seen a human being go. The more time I spend the more I realize that I just can't do it. It's not me hating the disorder. I just don't think I am emotionally equipped to deal with it. She's got a cocktail of issues, she's mentioned the schizophrenia, but also anorexia at some point, bi-polar disorder, OCD, and a mix of other things like depression. If I'm married to her job, she's married to her mental health. Constant therapy and groups. She can't hold a job and I don't see a workable future.

She loves me. I know this. This isn't my ego here. She says I'm the best thing to happen to her in a long time, that I'm this knight in shining armor or some ****. While this is all heartwarming and amazing to have someone say to you, I get a pit in my stomach because I've been wondering what to do for the past month. I need to break this off, and soon, before she even gets more attached. Whenever we're together I just find myself stiff and just... I'm not relaxed. I feel like I need to be on guard.

I need to end this.

I'm scared though. I'm scared that when I do break up with her that something will happen. She'll have an episode, or something worse.

What do I do? I'm too chicken for this **** guys.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
I'm joining! Surprised I haven't yet. I'm bisexual/kind of lesbian, in a very happy and probably forever relationship with a man, yadda yadda. So my love life's awesome now. (There are a few issues due to my general preference for women, but it's nothing that isn't workable. He's so worth it and transcends gender to me.) Anyways, let me go respond to this here:

Thing is there are a lot of things that concern me and I'm not sure what my next step should be.

First, she seems so much more into me than I am into her. I just... I don't feel chemistry. I don't feel a connection, like at all. I feel nothing that makes me want to spend time with her.

Second, I work, a lot. I just started a new job at the hospital and I just simply don't have time for a relationship right now. I am married to my job, working a ton of overtime and picking up sixteen hour work shifts. It's not fair to her to be in a relationship where I might be able to text her once or twice a day then run off to work all night. Our schedules conflict. I'm a third shift worker, she's a day person. It just doesn't work out at all when her usual bedtime is like ten o'clock, which is when I'm usually getting up and ready for work.

Third, finance. Dating is expensive. And while I am picking up a lot of hours, I also have a lot of expenses. I'm currently trying to save up for a better vehicle, plus my rent went up. And she does not have a job not really. See, she has schizophrenia which brings me to point four.

The schizophrenia. It... it irks me. I honestly am open and willing here, but the more I think about it I realize, I just can't handle it. At work a part of my job is watching psych patients on 72 hour holds. And we've been getting a ton of them lately. And the things she's been saying? Like how she's usually in the hospital at least a couple times a year? I just sit there, seeing family, or the person all alone.. Just... It's the lowest I've ever seen a human being go. The more time I spend the more I realize that I just can't do it. It's not me hating the disorder. I just don't think I am emotionally equipped to deal with it. She's got a cocktail of issues, she's mentioned the schizophrenia, but also anorexia at some point, bi-polar disorder, OCD, and a mix of other things like depression. If I'm married to her job, she's married to her mental health. Constant therapy and groups. She can't hold a job and I don't see a workable future.

She loves me. I know this. This isn't my ego here. She says I'm the best thing to happen to her in a long time, that I'm this knight in shining armor or some ****. While this is all heartwarming and amazing to have someone say to you, I get a pit in my stomach because I've been wondering what to do for the past month. I need to break this off, and soon, before she even gets more attached. Whenever we're together I just find myself stiff and just... I'm not relaxed. I feel like I need to be on guard.

I need to end this.

I'm scared though. I'm scared that when I do break up with her that something will happen. She'll have an episode, or something worse.

What it sounds like to me, at least from what you're saying, is that this relationship is highly unbalanced. Because of her issues, and through no fault of her own, she needs to rely on you to live. And that's a very precarious and difficult thing, because you're afraid of leaving her alone and hurting someone who is so emotionally fragile, but you yourself aren't really getting anything out of this relationship, and are only having it be a detriment.

The only thing I can say is that you're going to have to be honest with her. But being honest doesn't necessarily being ridiculously blunt. The way you word things here is very important, and you'll have to do so in a calm and gentle way. Let her go gently, and tell her that even though you don't feel like you can be in a relationship with her and just don't have those sorts of feelings, that you still do care about her as a person. Also tell her that you don't want to be unfair to her because of your job, and that she deserves someone who is able to give her better attention and care.

It's perfectly understandable that you're not equipped to deal with her disorder, and that doesn't make you a bad person. Most people, except for highly trained professionals, really aren't. Hell, I can barely deal with my own disorders. I know this situation seems difficult, but it's always important to remember that your actions are perfectly understandable, even if the results might not be so good in the short run. What you must focus on when doing this is the long run. It will benefit the both of you. Just make that clear to her.

This won't prevent her from getting upset. I'm sure you know that. That's what you fear. Just because we logically know things, doesn't make it any better. At one point or another, you're going to have to face her though. Just try to remain as calm as possible, and think carefully about what you're going to say. Gather up your bravery, prepare your words... and then do it. It all sounds simple when you say it that way, but I know it's way more complicated than that. All I can do is give you words of encouragement, and tell you that it has to be done. The rest is in your hands.

Years

I need to end this.

I don't think you should be bound to this relationship by her need for you. It sounds like you've been objective and honest with yourself because you don't sound like an *******. It also sounds like you've already made up your mind. I hope I'm not just repeating the obvious, although I am a bit surprised that it took so long to come to terms with her flaws.

As for ending things, I don't think you should feel that you are cruel for doing so. I don't think there's anything wrong with offering her help or helping her find help as long as you are clear about what you want for the relationship. You are not responsible for her struggles. I hope that she is mature enough to understand this, as debilitating as her situation is. If she doesn't or isn't willing to come to terms with this, well, that shouldn't stop you from ending a relationship that seems to be hurting you.

If anything, I hope you learn from this experience because it sounds like the experience has been very taxing on yourself. Given your current situation, you might want to consider putting off having relationships altogether, or at least looking for a person who's able to deal with distance and can handle themselves personally and financially. And of course someone with whom you feel comfortable and chemistry with. Perhaps you could reconsider the tempo with which you escalate a relationship so it doesn't get too deep too soon.

Phantom1

Years
Perhaps you could reconsider the tempo with which you escalate a relationship so it doesn't get too deep too soon.

Honestly, it's entirely on her that it got to this point. Like second date she was head over heels and made things facebook official. I liked her, was interested at the time, and what was I supposed to say? No? So things went faster than I wanted from the get go.

Years
Honestly, it's entirely on her that it got to this point. Like second date she was head over heels and made things facebook official. I liked her, was interested at the time, and what was I supposed to say? No? So things went faster than I wanted from the get go.

I don't think that's fair on you. You shouldn't feel like there's nothing you can do if things are going faster than you wanted. But even if everything feels right, there's nothing wrong with slowing things down a bit just to be cautious. It's an opportunity to see how your partner respects your boundaries.

Phantom1

Years
I don't think that's fair on you. You shouldn't feel like there's nothing you can do if things are going faster than you wanted. But even if everything feels right, there's nothing wrong with slowing things down a bit just to be cautious. It's an opportunity to see how your partner respects your boundaries.

Yeah, that was back before I realized, really, what I was getting into. I didn't want to 'mess things up', so to speak.

You guys are right though, my mind is made up. I just have no idea how to do it.

PsyKiss

Not So Innocent Cutie Pie
Years
Looking to join this group.

I'm Genderqueer and Pansexual.

I just don't pay attention to things like gender, even my own gender just doesn't seem that important to me at times. I flow like the wind and go where the breeze takes me~

Looking to join this group.

I'm Genderqueer and Pansexual.

I just don't pay attention to things like gender, even my own gender just doesn't seem that important to me at times. I flow like the wind and go where the breeze takes me~

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
been a while since i posted in here

i came out to my mother & her bf as transgender on monday
it went probably as good as i could hoped for/expected
lots of crying from both of us, lots of emotions, anxiety through the roof, etc

but ultimately accepting and she'll be there for me

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
been a while since i posted in here

i came out to my mother & her bf as transgender on monday
it went probably as good as i could hoped for/expected
lots of crying from both of us, lots of emotions, anxiety through the roof, etc

but ultimately accepting and she'll be there for me

That's great to hear! I wish you and your family the best

She considered you partners, and you had only been on two dates? That sounds concerning to me.
With all of what's going on, you should listen to Kanzler and note this as a learning experience.
You should be honest. However, will she be ok and safe if you break things off?

PsyKiss

Not So Innocent Cutie Pie
Years
I was in a conversation with a friend about queer charachters in media aimed towards a family friendly audience, and we were both talking about why hasn't there been one yet.

Then it hit me, the creators don't care if they have gay charachters or not, some even openly admit to them being queer in the most subtle little ways. Such as Marceline and Bubblegum from Adventure Time. (We were talking about this because the creator of Gravity Falls said in an episode where Mabel is wearing a rainbow sweater, she is supposedly coming out as Bisexual)

Why won't networks show off queer charachters? Well these shows are being shown on an international level to places like Russia and China that outright ban the showing of this stuff to the kids. These countries would even be willing to shut down a network for having a simple girl on girl peck on the cheek. Loosing views in a country as big as China or Russia is pretty critical for a network.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

I guess it creates a lair between headcanons and actual canon with it not being 'on - air' now does it?

Phantom1

Years
She considered you partners, and you had only been on two dates? That sounds concerning to me.
With all of what's going on, you should listen to Kanzler and note this as a learning experience.
You should be honest. However, will she be ok and safe if you break things off?

I have no idea. I've planned on doing it tomorrow, where is still up in the air.

Years
I'm not here to start a fight or anything, just something "fresh" to talk about. I'm sure you must have heard this cliche "homosexuality is unnatural" - I disagree with this, but what are your thoughts on this statement?

Common argument to support this claim is that same sex partners cannot reproduce naturally, does this argument hold any water?

Back