• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Will you return?

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Sure will play R/S/E original games anytime, cause original games are always best

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
Those are great to have for quick playthroughs or Challenges on emulators. I don't have a real GBA, but if I did I wouldn't stop playing R/S, especially to get my Pokémon up again.

Years
I returned to Hoenn the day I got Alpha Sapphire. Every now and then I opened up my Emerald game to do comparisons between exact spots of the game, which I thought was really neat and fun to see.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I probably will return. I still haven't finished the Emerald Battle Frontier, so that's a draw, and I actually have a copy of Ruby that I haven't done too much on. Gen III can also be fun for challenge runs, so I may do some of that as well. That being said, I doubt I'll spend too much time on Sapphire in the future, but I've barely played it in years anyway, so that doesn't have much to do with the release of ORAS.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Dispite getting ORAS, I desided to hold off on fnishing the one I began and not opening the second untill I fnish the older titles first. Atleast the real 3rd gen.
Currently doing post story things on Leafgreen, and the rest is mostly trading or small tasks...which I still find more and more to do, mostly on Emerald :P
The spin-offs I'm not counting, except for Colosseum and XD. Colo I still need to catch Ho-Oh, and XD I barely started. Really I can transfer these Pokemon at any time, main goal is fnish the Pokedex's on each title (only doing national dex on FR and Emerald, regional for the rest, maybe XD)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
If a sudden wave of nostalgia hits me, then yeah, I think I would. I think I replay Emerald once a year anyway, haha.

Years
It's very unlikely. I never thought I'd drop R/S/E completely as they were my favorite Pokemon games overall until this point but when the remakes came out I was so insanely happy with how it was all done that I just couldn't look back. Perfect remake with good music, graphics (for the most part), and more fleshed-out characters.

If I ever have desires to play through Hoenn I'd pop in Alpha Sapphire and play away. Thank you for the memories, R/S/E!

Years
Yeah I probly will. Just because a game was remade doesn't mean you should stop playing the originals. I'll probly just do challenges on them or try randomized games and hacks.

Years
I play Emerald for every challenge I do. It's the best GBA Pokemon game in that it's a lot more interesting than FRLG and RS. Plus, I think the fact that you can speed this game up by around 7-8x faster on VBA makes it more playable than ORAS. Furthermore, I love playing the original of a game, originals are the best.

Years
It's very unlikely. I never thought I'd drop R/S/E completely as they were my favorite Pokemon games overall until this point but when the remakes came out I was so insanely happy with how it was all done that I just couldn't look back. Perfect remake with good music, graphics (for the most part), and more fleshed-out characters.

If I ever have desires to play through Hoenn I'd pop in Alpha Sapphire and play away. Thank you for the memories, R/S/E!

I'd likely be in the same situation as this Hoenn fangirl here. While it'd be fun to revisit the originals there's the chance I may get too hooked and used to the remakes that it will be hard to go back.

Back