• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[WIP] RCD Game Engine

What to add to the engine next

• Game Mechinics (Platforming,RPG,Raceing)

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 3D Graphics

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • More Sound Compatablity

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • More Advance 2D Drawing (Arcs and Fonts)

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
Years
I havent updated in some time.
RCD_input now accepts joysticks. (Might move keyboard in there too)
RCD_Core now has optimised byte to string conventions.
RCD_STGL has map loading and save funtionalty

RCD_input is relinant on SDL. im looking for a lightweight way to do this cross platform like. but im not finding any libs for that.

RCD_Core is going to be spilt up in to File class and Quick classes

RCD_STGL will have a dialog and charsprite class

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
Thanks for the update!

I still don't really understand a lot of this stuff, but I think with each update you post I get a little closer to being able to understand what you mean.

So for RCD_input we cannot use the keyboard to move yet? Or is that held under a different function? (Sorry for the noob programming question)

Years
RCD_input is relinant on SDL. im looking for a lightweight way to do this cross platform like. but im not finding any libs for that.

Why is it that you draw graphics with System.Drawing? (which is slow because of GDI) but use inputs with SDL (which is a lot faster due to using OpenGL)

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but it that's what it looks like from my point of view.

Bliss

Years
So for those of us that don't speak code so well, this means that the graphics will be more responsive and faster in general?

Any other benefits? :3

Years
So for those of us that don't speak code so well, this means that the graphics will be more responsive and faster in general?

Any other benefits? :3

SDL allows for faster graphics rendering via OpenGL instead of GDI (which is extremely slow and very inflexible in comparison) as well as better control. So, yes.

Bliss

Years
Thank you kindly, Umbreon.

Well, then. Guess it's time for me to lurk this thread again, since I have no further questions.

Looking forward to updates and the future release! *Lurk Mode Enabled*

Bliss

Years
Downloaded documentation and quickly discovered that it was not meant for users like me who have no idea what the hey is going on in there lol.

Regardless, thanks for the additional effort! I'm sure it will be very useful to others! :3

PinkCatDragon

Years
Downloaded documentation and quickly discovered that it was not meant for users like me who have no idea what the hey is going on in there lol.

Regardless, thanks for the additional effort! I'm sure it will be very useful to others! :3

That means so much to me prixy. ill see how quickly i can get this GUI editor done so common users can make somethink

Bliss

Years
No need to rush! I'm perfectly fine waiting as long as it takes for this to be as awesome as you dream it will be!

Just like with the Season 5 of MLP, if the date is pushed back we can all agree that it's because something wasn't perfect and the developers care more about quality than meeting deadlines! Quality over quantity, or in this case, quality over speed!

I'm just happy to know that someone out there had enough courage and ambition to make something that could very well change the future of hacking like this!

Keep up the amazing work! I'm looking forward to the beta phase, but no rush! :3

PinkCatDragon

Years
There may be an update today,the next day or the day after.
The new update will be on a new dropbox link on the first page as usual
List of thing in the new update
RCD_Core

1. Tools praticlly the except for Copyptr,GlobalCache and Debug Property.
  2. new class PortableCode and Gamefile. allows the loading of assembly's as long as they have a GameFile Based class. This is designed to be like a plug in system. Ill put an example of how to use that later.
RCD_Graphics

1. -the same only rewriten to sdl and VideoForm renamed to screen;
  2. -Moved Keyboard and Mouse to RCD_Input

List of planed Exmples

1. Ping Pong
  2. RPG Demo (Zelda like)
  3. Platformer
  4. Ping Pong Muti-player

List of Planed Libs

1. RCD_3DGFX-SDL write in to opengl tools
  2. RCD_STGL-Standard Game Libary
  3. RCD_Scripting-Proxy for ironruby,ironpython e.g not haveing to use system.array

Planed Applications
RCD_GM:Game maker like program with plugin support

If there anything you would like to see in those library or RCD_GM put them down there. and ill make a short list

Current Objects STGL

• Core.GameObject2D Contains basic infomation rx,ry,dx,dy,mx,my and sprite;
  • Platformer.Entity Based on Core it includes direction, gravity, affected_g and path;
  • RPG.Entity Based on Core it includes direction,interactive,path,wtw(walk through walls) and 8d
  • Raceing.Entity Based on Core has direction,friction,speed,accelction and handling
If you include RCD_3DGFX i might add a Core.GameObject3D

Last edited:

Bliss

Years
I like the interface, simple and functional (Well, not yet it isn't lol) but I would like to see a copyright dialogue with a link back to this thread under the Help Menu.

Also, will this engine be able to create/edit basic sprites? If not, how difficult will it be to add a way to import?

PinkCatDragon

Years
I like the interface, simple and functional (Well, not yet it isn't lol) but I would like to see a copyright dialogue with a link back to this thread under the Help Menu.

Also, will this engine be able to create/edit basic sprites? If not, how difficult will it be to add a way to import?
To add a resource(map,sprite,image etc) File->Add File
As for an editor. i might not include one but the plugin engine im planing will allow someone to add somethink like that if they need.

PinkCatDragon

Years
Hello peoples. i have updated the system yet again this is a release of all 3 parts
if your a
User: RCD_GM contains the wip gui
Programer:RCD_GE contains the wip game engine or you can write a plugin for the gui useing RCD_GM_Plugin

Link:First Post

Screenys?
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back