• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hangouts

Years
Hmm, so does anybody here use Hangouts from Google?

I found out today that you can make calls with your Google Voice number and SMS as well. What I even like better is that the Hangouts app has support for MMS as well, which is why I decided to begin using it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I have been in a few hangouts, notably the one with Sector, Kanzler, Dragon, and Synerjee WE SRSLY NEED TO DO IT AGAIN GAIZ REALLY

It's super fun! It's like an actual irl hangout only that...we're not really hanging out irl...but it DOES bring people really close and the best part is that it's not as often laggy as Skype is in terms of video chats and such. Really wish I had friends who use this and not Skype.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
I love Hangouts. It's also natively accessible through Chrome, and can be used on the computer (standalone program), through Google + on other browsers, Android, and iOS.
It's cross-platform like Skype, but doesn't suck.
It's never crashed on me.

I give a huge (Y) to Hangouts!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I've never used hangouts. I have seen other people using it, but I can't critique on how good or bad it is from watching a vid with someone using it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hangouts is pretty nice; the only real problem is that it's not many people's go-to for communication. The app side of it functions much better than skype for text messaging; skype is always laggy af on my mobile devices. And I've had much better experience calling with it than skype as well- better call quality, less lag, better picture, whatever. but as I said the only real issue is that hardly anyone uses it? I've only got two people that I regularly contact with it- the rest of my people I either text or skype.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Mmm, I've used it from time to time, but, usually I'd just stick with skype, haha.

But yeah, it's supposed to be less laggy than skype, so, maybe I'll prefer that when it comes to calling people to play computer games and such? That is, if more people prefer to use hangout. I've seen some people prefer raidcall too, so, that's also a thing? But, maybe I'll see what google hangouts has to offer more first. :3

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
I've been using hangouts, before it was called hangouts. [/hipster]

That said, I have used hangouts more now that it is called hangouts. I liked the video chatting feature before Skype made group call videos free to use. I don't use it more because of the people I need to contact are in Skype.

Does anyone know if they raised the group limit beyond 10 in Hangouts yet?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I've tried it, but I find the app inferior to Skype and it's SMS support is rather lousy. Also, most people I know use Skype mainly as it's easier to use in general.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Hangouts? I don't even get a real chance to use it, since Google doesn't even bother to make any apps for Windows Phone other than the search app itself.

Not that I'd miss anything, really - I'd rather call/text directly or use Skype anyway. Most people I know use either these or things that do exist on major smartphone platforms that aren't Google Hangouts.

Back