• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"i'll set my alarm for 1030 am" *wakes up at 2 pm*

Years
due to my recent string of all nighters because i have finals (writing this topic to procrastinate) and i have horrible time managment, i have noticed that my sleep schedule is completely destroyed

now i'll end up sleeping way past the time i want to (try to wake up at 9 am with several alarms set, still wake up at 2 pm) and end up falling asleep at early morning hours (usually between 5-7 am)

hopefully after im done with school, ill be able to get back on track

so tell me, are you like me with a messed up sleep schedule? do you feel bad because of it? or do you sleep at anytime of day and not care when you wake up?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Now that I'm on summer vacation I have the worse sleep schedule ever which involves usually going to bed at 2-3 in the morning and for some reason I will always wake up at 7:30 so I can't exactly sleep in.

During university I usually have a decent sleep schedule and go to bed at reasonable times with the exception of final design projects being due. I sometimes underestimate how much I have left and leave a big chunk till the last moment which is never good for arty courses (due to project development and stuff).

I don't normally feel bad because of it because I do have the ability to fall asleep anywhere which can be both good bad. First year I did spend a lot of time napping in places so as long as I was in time for classes and lectures I'd be fine with it.

Years
On weekdays, I had to wake up at 6:30, on the dot, and I had an alarm that woke me up without fail.

But now it's holidays, and by some absolute miracle, I don't keep waking up at 6:30. I was scared that I'd wake up at 6:30 and not be able to fall asleep again, but no, my body is actually somewhat intelligent. Thank the Lord for not involuntarily waking up at inappropriately early times.

Lexa

My maturity level depends on who I'm with. ;D
Years
so tell me, are you like me with a messed up sleep schedule? do you feel bad because of it? or do you sleep at anytime of day and not care when you wake up?

I'm on a beyond bad sleep schedule. I've been going to bed at 8 AM every day and waking up at around 4 PM. However, yesterday I didn't go to sleep until at least noon and ended up sleeping for only 4 hours. It's 7:02 AM now and I'm nowhere near tired. I don't know what's going on with me.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I tend to struggle with sleeping in general. There's a reason for that, but it translates to a weird sleeping schedule quite often. The more I have a routine, the better it is. Though I know how hard it is to actually start getting up at 8AM and going to bed before 12AM every night after a weekend of events that led you to go to bed late.

I find the best thing to do is just to force yourself out of bed when you feel you need to be. Get up, have a shower, drink some coffee if you need to, and try and get your sleeping schedule on track. Sleep hygiene is more important that most people know, and without decent sleeping patterns you can really become sluggish and unproductive.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
My sleeping schedule has been messed up as long as I can remember! Some days I go to bed at 9 no problem and get up at 6 or 7, other days (like tonight!) I go to bed at 2 or 3 and get up at midday or later. I really do not have a set sleeping schedule at all!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I do have a messed up sleep schedule. I wake up around mid-day, and I fall asleep around 4:00 in the morning. I work mostly night shifts at my job, so that I think has a little to do with it. I share a room with someone, and he's usually up until that time so since I'm a light sleeper, I tend to end up staying awake too. I sometimes I feel like I sleep more than I do anything else, and when I wake up so late and the morning's already gone by, it depresses me a lot. I do have days where I end up waking up earlier than that, but then I just crash sometime around noon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I don't think mine is destroyed, no, but I definitely get less sleep and, during the weekends, my sleep schedule has shifted. This is mostly because I like to stay up late and talk to my online friends who are, for some unknown reason, also up in the middle of the night.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I tend to go to sleep after midnight, so when I have morning shifts and have to be at work early in the morning I tend to only get four or so hours of sleep. It's been like that for a while to the point that I try to at least make sure I do get at least four hours since that's kinda optimal (makes sense to me considering when I do have more time to sleep I tend to wake up every four hours if not sooner than that). Though because of it I tend to sleep for a few hours after work too hahaha. So ... I get my hours but they tend to be in four hours increments with work inbetween unless it's Wednesday and I have the 12/1/2-8pm shift ooor it's one of my days off.

It'll probably change to me staying up late and waking a little before I have to work once I'm promoted and I'm moved to night shift but until then this is pretty much my sleep schedule. Not the best but honestly I believe it could be worse.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
I guess I'm the only one around here with a proper sleep schedule. I always sleep 7-8 hours. Sometimes 9 hours without an alarm.
I sleep at 11 when I have morning classes and 12-1am whenever I have nothing to do tomorrow or I start late.

Years
My sleeping schedule is like so messed up, I somehow find myself staying up at weird times and given it's summer where I am right now, I find it very hard to sleep due to the heat.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I find I naturally go to bed between 1-2am. Usually the earliest I have to get up some mornings is 6:30 which in that case I'll attempt to go to sleep earlier.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Been working mostly night shifts at work myself. Off at 11 (sometimes 12 midnight), and I'm in bed by 2:30-3 am. I wake up at 9-9:30 the morning after.

I rarely use alarms these days now.

Back then I would have crazy insomnia, but I'm cured thanks to prescription pills and strict bedtimes. I have a feeling, though, that I'll fall back again because of this crazy schedule I'm having.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
My sleep schedule is remarkably "normal" right now, for the first time in months. It's shifted earlier than it used to be, but I think that's a combination of working and, at the moment, recovering from being sick. I generally go to bed around 1-2 am and get up around 8 am. I used to go to sleep at more like 3 am, so I'm in bed earlier than in the past. On the weekends, I sleep later, though (often till noon; I don't set an alarm).

I've noticed that my sleep schedule naturally shifts really late when I'm on vacation, to the point where I'll stay up most of the night, fall asleep at 7 am, and then get up mid-afternoon. I get a lot of grief for that if I'm with my family, but it seems to happen regardless of what I try to do unless I have a reason to keep a stricter schedule.

In some ways, I wish I were one of those people who naturally and easily maintained a "normal" sleep schedule (including waking up reasonably early without feeling terribly groggy), but apparently, I'm not, so I do my best to find a balance between what my body wants to do and what society wants me to do. I will pull all-nighters and mess up my sleep schedule when needed, though, and I don't find it that hard to do so.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I'm a huge night owl, so I'll try to stay up as late as I can while still getting a good amount of sleep. With my work schedule, I can normally go to bed at 1:00 AM and still get eight hours of sleep, but this is me we're talking about, so I go to bed at 3:00-5:00 AM. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my chai in the morning, haha.

When I have my days off, I'll stay up until 4:00 and sleep until noon. It's not good for when I have work the next day, but oh well, that's why I have my chai.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
i messed up with my schedule in holidays, all other days my schedule is fixed and i follow it normally quite well

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Near as I've figured out, my sleep cycle (counting one day and one night) is around 28 hours. I can naturally force it into a 24 hour cycle with the help of my usual medication (no alarms or coffee or anything), but Fridays tend to throw me off a lot like they did a week ago.

Back