• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
I used the custom ini and kept the game code and everything the same, but PGE still says:
"Not one of the pokemon games"

The G3HS ini provided in 1.5 is not yet customized, you should try my ini. It works in all roms that had patched with MrDs rom base.

Code:
[BPRE]
name = Pokemon FireRed (E)
gamecode = BPRE
numberofpokes = 412
pokebasestats = 0x254784
pokebasestatslength = 0x1C
pokenames = 0x245EE0
pokenameslength = 0xB
typenames = 0x961b50
typenameslength = 0x7
numberoftypes = 22
items = 0x3DB028
numberofitems = 0x375
itemsdatalength = 0x2C
abilities = 0x950000
numberofabilities = 0x156
abiltiesnamelength = 0xD
egggroups = Monster,Water1,Bug,Flying,Field,Fairy,Grass,Human-Like,Water3,Mineral,Amorphous,Water2,Ditto,Dragon,Undiscovered
leveluptypes = Medium-Fast,Erratic,Fluctuating,Medium-Slow,Fast,Slow
learnedmoves = 0x25d7b4
learnedmoveslength = 0x2
attacknames = 0x901800
numberofattacks = 0x511
attacknamelength = 0xD
eggmovepointer1 = 0x045C50
eggmovepointer2 = 0x045CC8
eggmovelimit = 0x045CC4
tmhmcompatibility = 0x252BC8
tmhmcompatibilitylength = 8
tmlist = 0x45A80C
tmlistentrylength = 2
numberoftms = 50
numberofhms = 8
evolutiontable = 0x73dc90
evolutionsperpoke = 5
lengthofoneentry = 8
evolutionmethods = Breeding Only,Friendship,Friendship (Day),Friendship (Night),Level-Up,Trade,Trade (Hold Item),Stone,ATK > DEF,ATK = DEF,ATK < DEF,PID (Wurmple->Silcoon),PID (Wurmple->Cascoon),Spawn a Second,Create Spawn,Beauty,Fairy Move,Pancham,Male,Female,Rain,NightTimeLVLUP,DayTimeLVLUP,Night Time Item,Day time Item,Move induced,Other Pokemon
evomethodsproperties = None,None,None,None,Level,None,Item,Item?Level,Level,Level,Level,Level,Level,Level,None,None,Level,Level,Level,Level,Level,Level,Item,Item,Move,Pokemon
evolutiontablepointers = 0x42F6C,0x42FBC,0x43138,0x4599C,0xCE8C4
offsetstochangetolslr0r60x1 = 0x42f9c,0x43182,0x43026,0x43008,0x43016,0x43050,0x4307A,0x430A8,0x430C8,0x430EC,0x430FC
offsetstochangetonewminus1 = 0x43116,0x4319e,0x459A2
theshedinjafix = 0xCE766
changetonewnumbertimes8 = 0x4598A,0x459C0,0x4598E,0x459C2
pokedex = 0x44E850
lengthofpokedexentry = 0x24
nationaldexorder = 0x251FEE
numofnondexpokesbetweencelebiandtreeko = 25
numofnondexpokesafterchimecho = 28
dextype = FRLG
jambo51learnedmovehack = False
movetutorcomp = 0x459B7E
movetutorcomplen = 2
movetutorattacks = 0x459B60
mtattackslen = 2
mtattacksnum = 15
frontspritetable = 0x2350AC
backspritetable = 0x23654C
frontpalettetable = 0x23730C
shinypalettetable = 0x2380cc
enemyytable = 0x2349CC
playerytable = 0x235E6C
enemyaltitudetable = 0x23A004
iconspritetable = 0x3D37A0
iconpalettetable = 0x3D3E80
iconpalettes = 0x3D3740
numiconpalettes = 3
itemanimationtable = 0x45FD54
itemanimationtableentlen = 5
hoenncryauxtable = 0x2539D4
footprints = 0x43FAB0
habitats = 0x452c4c
habitatpointers = 0x106888,0x1068C8,0x106990,0x1069F8,0x106A98
locationnames = 0x3F1CAC
locationstart = 0x58
locationend = 0xC4
locationtblfmt = 1

By the way, the bug in Toxic Spikes was the animation, I tried changing the animation and it worked fine!

AriArk

Survey Corps
Years
The G3HS ini provided in 1.5 is not yet customized, you should try my ini. It works in all roms that had patched with MrDs rom base.

By the way, the bug in Toxic Spikes was the animation, I tried changing the animation and it worked fine!

It's very weird, not even that is working. Could it be to do with the version of PGE or maybe a problem with my computer even?

I then tried changing the ROM's game code to BPRE and it loaded but none of the tools would work and gave me this error:
Spoiler:

It is one of those Unhandled exception thingies

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
I opened my Rom That Has Been Customized The Tiles Sprites and When I Patch this When Approaching Titlescreen it Freezes

Well, you should check if you have done these:
~Changing MrDs to BPRE using hex editor.
~Comparing your recent ini to the 1.5 version ini.
~Check if you inserted titlescreen somewhere in 900000(Mr Dollsteak put his customizations in that address)
~What Tools are you using? If you use G3HS, take a look at offsets in ini provided in the compressed file if it has the same offsets or addresses in PGE ini.
Also,
This base IS NOT compatible with hacks that
are in progress.

Last edited:

JoeCrux

Illustrator
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 31, 2015
Hey guys, first off thank so much for the amazing tool !

I found a minor error, sorry if it's already pointed out. Substitute is being bypassed by moves. Up to now I noticed earthquake, rock tomb and outrage doing this.

Im using the most recent version of the tool and didn't change anything in it.

Last edited:

LeiAlcantara025

Hack Expert Most IN Mapping
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 8, 2019
Well, you should check if you have done these:
~Changing MrDs to BPRE using hex editor.
~Comparing your recent ini to the 1.5 version ini.
~Check if you inserted titlescreen somewhere in 900000(Mr Dollsteak put his customizations in that address)
~What Tools are you using? If you use G3HS, take a look at offsets in ini provided in the compressed file if it has the same offsets or addresses in PGE ini.
Also,

Well I guess I Need To Re edit My Hack To Use This Coz This Is Awesome :/ :(

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 23, 2022
Just a quick question here. Are there any tools that can fully edit the moves of this?
Let's say I want to add another immunity to Bulletproof or another Mega Launcher boosted move. Which tool should I use?

Trainer 781

Just a quick question here. Are there any tools that can fully edit the moves of this?
Let's say I want to add another immunity to Bulletproof or another Mega Launcher boosted move. Which tool should I use?

Sadly no simple tool to do this. This has been done by ASM, might be hardcoded. If a custom table has also been created for their implementation then it might be possible to add another move.

You can edit it by using a hex editor but you'll need the knowledge of ASM and the offsets of the checks where the ability is implemented.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
This is AMAZING, thank you for doing all of this hard work and compiling everything! It looks fun to nuzlocke, too. After all of the bugs are ironed out, what are the chances for an Emerald base?

Also big announcement, I'm starting work on making this patch available for Emerald too.
I didn't really plan on it, but I've been convinced by Touched, who has offered to help with it, and who is an excellent ASM hacker who will be able to add new features too when the time comes. I'm going to skip directly to 1.5a with it so it won't really be ready particularly soon. I'll release Fire Red's 1.5a (bug fix patch) at the same time as this patch (or a little bit sooner) once I've fixed all of the present dangerous bugs (Toxic Spikes I'm looking at you).

While I don't have anything just at the moment, I just thought I'd announce it to get everyone hyped!

Now your wish is about to come true XD.

Years

Just like what KDS said, it can't be done by tool, hence you must use ASM. I know MrDollsteak has a tutorial for that around here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Hey! I don't know if it's the right thread for asking this but I'm using your rombase and I expanded the number of pokemons, I want to know if it's possible to make them findable by A-trainer or another Trainer editor...It is possible ?

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years

You only need a hex editor as KDS said. They're all stored in different tables.
That being said, I haven't left extra space for new moves so you'll need to repoint them.

908720 - Reckless Table
908738 - Iron Fist Table
908758 - Sheer Force Table
908844 - Mega Launcher Table
908850 - Strong Jaw Table

Years
This project moves at a freaking snail's pace, my god. When is 1.5 even due out? You've made almost no progress in the last year.

Wigger15 MrDollSteak has clearly explained why it's been slow:

Also big announcement, I'm starting work on making this patch available for Emerald too.
I didn't really plan on it, but I've been convinced by Touched, who has offered to help with it, and who is an excellent ASM hacker who will be able to add new features too when the time comes. I'm going to skip directly to 1.5a with it so it won't really be ready particularly soon. I'll release Fire Red's 1.5a (bug fix patch) at the same time as this patch (or a little bit sooner) once I've fixed all of the present dangerous bugs (Toxic Spikes I'm looking at you).

While I don't have anything just at the moment, I just thought I'd announce it to get everyone hyped!

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
This project moves at a freaking snail's pace, my god. When is 1.5 even due out? You've made almost no progress in the last year.

Actually 1.5 is out (and has been for 3 months). 1.5a (the bug fixes) is however not.
In the past year I've done 1.4 up to where I am now.

Also, you shouldn't need to wait for 1.5a because a lot of the fixes have been identified (check the OP)

The reason I am moving at a 'snail's pace' is because of university.
Surprisingly this Rombase isn't the focal point of my life.

If you are unhappy with my progress, please forget this project exists, and by all means, don't use it.

Back