• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
Just watched The Pyramid and it was litreally just me in the screening probably why it leaves the cinema today

Not sure why it has a 5.8 on IMDB it did a pretty darn good job in scaring the crap out of me, the darkness and unknown sets a excellent feel to the movie and with the creatures coming from nowhere made me jump multiple times.

One of the most horrific scene when someone is impaled by a spike and then has cat creatures litreally biting her ripping flesh from her arms, legs, face and YES it is as graphic as this suggests I felt like puking at this point one of the most grusome scenes I HAVE EVER watched.
But then the next scene when she is found by her fellow explorers just seconds later there isnt a single scratch on her talk about a blatant movie mistake...... I was laughing my head off at this point even thou I am ment to be really really scared

I decided not to spoiler as I doubt anyone cares to see this

Jayce

x-kid
Years
Elf, for the 1000th time; it's that time of the year again. I've watched it 3 times this week. :p

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It's really fun, such a great holiday film.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I just rewatched Snow White and the Huntsman for nothing if not the appreciation of an absolutely elegant Charlize Theron.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Not sure if you have seen Catching Fire but it is a massive step up from the original, Hunger Games is NOT a romance story at all that completely takes a back seat in the trilogy. Catching Fire shows you the bigger picture its more than just Katniss & Peeta. If only more YA books series could be like THG

While it may be a step up, it does not take away the fact that the cinematography was so terrible that I felt like I needed to watch something else immediately. The panning, the screening, the flashbacks. . . not to mention the film doesn't explain how children that have no clue how landmines work can disarm them, dig them up, then replant them; then in the same stroke, they mistake how close they placed them and the blast radius gutted their 'protected' stash of gear: "What happened?!" Yeah. Let's also not speak of physics either, and how little girls stay standing after spears hurled at peak velocity impale them. Yeah, no. While the series may be a huge hit with thousands (millions?) it doesn't interest me the least after seeing the horrible directing angles and the terribly misplaced castings.

It also didn't help the fact that several films that came out during the same year had done fairly well with their own casting and cinematography: Dredd, Django: Unchained, Flight, Argo, The Hobbit, The Dark Knight Rises (not my favorite of the three, but hey), Men In Black 3, and Lincoln. Part of the matter is the story was oddly familiar, but failed to grasp me because it lacked that 'oomph' that the Japanese had in their own Battle Royale.

When the Hunger Games and Battle Royale are stacked against eachother, the Hunger Games is painfully slow, dull and cliche. It takes nearly an hour before the games actually start and we're (me) introduced to a porridge of bland characters that doesn't make me ask "may I have another?". Now maybe the Hunger Games follows the book closely, I don't know, but I do know that Battle Royale isn't that far off it's mark in either of it's mediums.

It also helps that Battle Royale is not the happy, pretty, Dr. Seuss colour land that the Hunger Games is. The Hunger Games seems to go to great lengths to make you forget that these are kids killing kids. Battle Royale doesn't let you forget that these are kids, and that they're killing each other in the most brutal of ways., and to top it all off: Battle Royale did it a decade earlier. The book came out in 99', then film and manga followed.

Sure we had several other films and books that have a feel of the gladiatorial ring, but battle Royale and the Hunger Games are too similar to really be called a coincidence.

Long story short, I did not enjoy the film, would not recommend it, and definitely will not see the sequels. I gave it a shot and it blew it. . . loved Dredd though; one of the better 2012 films as one of the many 'book adaptations' to come out that year.

also finished watching Fargo "We go to pancakes house?" a quirky little number.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Just watched 300: Rise of an Empire and A Good Day to Die Hard.

I'd give 300 a B-. It was good for some mindless action, but didn't live up to the glory the original 300 was. A Good Day was good, but maybe a B. I liked it, but I feel like it's suffering from that typical action movie problem of today: explosions + slow-mo + mindlessness. The original couple Die Hards were so smart and inventive.

Years
The Polar Express

Another really great Christmas movie to get in the spirit. The story focuses on this boy who thinks he doesn't believe in Santa but then finds himself on a really big adventure when he comes across a train that takes people to the North Pole. Also, Tom Hanks voices not one, but three characters in this. Talk about talented!

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2018
Short Term 12...or Mr Brooks. I really can't remember which.
In either case I'd highly recommend. Short Term 12, I want to say, is absolutely adorable - although I'm not sure that's the appropriate word given how the story plays out. I was in tears by the end of it, though.

Mr Brooks was ridiculously gripping, and I find it difficult to believe I hadn't seen it sooner. The acting is absolutely phenomenal and the music meshes incredibly well with the story and visuals.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well the last movie I saw in theaters was Wolf of Wall Street loved it
It was awesome, wasn't it!

I just watched Hercules. It's better than I expected, but still not good lol. Too much waaaarrrgblgbh, but enjoyable enough characters and twists.

pkmin3033

I won't see Battle of the Five Armies until the extended DVD version comes out next year, but we rewatched this before watching The Desolation of Smaug, which we'll watch either today or tomorrow...I really don't care for this film, though. It's BORING. The Hobbit was a much more exciting and interesting book than the first film made it out to be...and I do not understand why it needed THREE films, either. Talk about milking it for all it's worth. Great soundtrack, and I love the feel of the film, but it's still dull as hell. I did like the singing Goblin King, though. xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

I won't see Battle of the Five Armies until the extended DVD version comes out next year, but we rewatched this before watching The Desolation of Smaug, which we'll watch either today or tomorrow...I really don't care for this film, though. It's BORING. The Hobbit was a much more exciting and interesting book than the first film made it out to be...and I do not understand why it needed THREE films, either. Talk about milking it for all it's worth. Great soundtrack, and I love the feel of the film, but it's still dull as hell. I did like the singing Goblin King, though. xD
I agree with you so wholeheartedly. Goblib King's accent tho <3

Return Of The Jedi was on TV last night. The "remade" version with Anakin in the end instead of old Vader. Parts of this movie are so weird, but it still holds up as much better than the more recently made Star Wars movies. I especially thought about the many occasions the movie really shows instead of tells. Not many words of English are really spoken on that teddy bear moon, yet we completely understand what they are thinking :)

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
Being John Malkovich. got dam mawficka. what a head trip. it's interesting because the beginning is absolutely hilarious and you understand that the guy's sad but you laugh at how absurd everything he does is. John Cusack plays the part phenomenally. it slowly goes downhill (or uphill, really) from there and becomes totally incomprehensible, but in a way that doesn't have you asking questions -- more like you understand that you're not gonna get it and that's part of the fun, which I think is one of the movie's greatest strengths. sad ending too. it's just a very solid movie with an excellent script that's full of ideas. 9/10.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
Watched The Interview last night purely to see what all the fuss was about and completely loved it. Its so good it had me laughing my head off after 30 seconds.

Even thou I could of got it for free since it was unavaliable in the UK everyone should use a VPN and purchase and see this buying it because this could show studios all movies could be this way or make them avaliable digitally more faster

pkmin3033

...in hindsight, I really shouldn't have bothered with this. I've never cared for either James Bond or Daniel Craig, so a combination of the two was bound to bore me to tears. It wasn't as awful as I thought it was going to be, but it was still a complete waste of an evening...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back