• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favourite location

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
Where was you favourite place on Kanto and Johto.
Which location held the best memories?
Which place had the best memories?
Discuss your thoughts in this thread ^_^

for me it was the lake of rage

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Lavender Town.

I just love how creepy the area and the soundtracks are. HeartGold kinda ruined the creepiness for me.

Years
In Kanto, I love Celadon City the most. It houses the huge department store, the mansion where you get Eevee, the Game Corner with the addictive slots and rare prize Pokemon (in addition to secret Team Rocket shenanigans!), and the cutest Gym Leader!

In Johto, I favor Ecruteak City. I love the music, the architecture, the Kimono Dance Theater, and the historical Burned Tower where you first meet the three legendary beasts. There's also the Bell Tower where you meet Ho-Oh and the Bellchime Trail with its lovely autumn trees. A very beautiful city indeed. Ecruteak reminds me very much of real-world Kyoto in Japan.

Last edited:

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
I've had some good feelings for Ecruteak City. Burned Tower music was terrific, and the Leg. dogs' event also.

I remember having dug for hours in Seafoam Islands as a child cuz' I was not able to find Articuno. I love Articuno so much.

And one of my favourite areas is Mt. Silver with all the good features (wild 'mons, Red battle).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Lavender town. but i personally love it for the myths made by fans. even though it is pretty interesting.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 18, 2016
I must say i REALLY like when they being creative and fill the cities with loads of stuff for the player to mess around with. In Goldenrod we have the Radio Tower events, the flower shop, the bike shop, not to mention the train station, supermarket and gambler's corner. And the music really help selling the atmosphere of a wast metropolis. For instance, the Underground path in Goldenrod City is really the cherry on top of the cake.They totally cramped every idea they had into that city.

Ecruteak is also a treat to explore. The Kinamo Girls. The music is really top-notch here. When you get into that city, you just don't want to leave.

sonic65101

Johto Champion
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 12, 2023
My favorite location in Johto was the Ruins of Alph (in Generation II). I loved the music there. In Kanto, I would have to say Lavender Town (in Generation I). I liked the creepy aura it had, and the song that MADE you feel sad (or at least it made me feel sad).

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
and the song that MADE you feel sad (or at least it made me feel sad).
And made young kids kill themselves in Japan, that what I heard anyway
I never realy saw the appeal of the ruins of alpha, they were just there for me

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
In Kanto, I love Celadon City the most. It houses the huge department store, the mansion where you get Eevee, the Game Corner with the addictive slots and rare prize Pokemon (in addition to secret Team Rocket shenanigans!), and the cutest Gym Leader!

In Johto, I favor Ecruteak City. I love the music, the architecture, the Kimono Dance Theater, and the historical Burned Tower where you first meet the three legendary beasts. There's also the Bell Tower where you meet Ho-Oh and the Bellchime Trail with its lovely autumn trees. A very beautiful city indeed. Ecruteak reminds me very much of real-world Kyoto in Japan.

Those slot machines though... That was hours of my life wasted.

I had some great feelings for cinnabar, johto edition. It always makes me remember the first time I played through kanto. Idk, its really hard to explain..

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
In Kanto my favourite location is Celeadon because of the whole team rocket side quest and the game corner slots! My favourite location in Johto is MT silver because of obvious reasons.

Sirfetch’d

In Kanto my favorite place was probably the Safari Zone. Back when I was a kid and played these games religiously it was always so addicting to explore and catch as many Pokemon as I possibly could. It seemed like every time I ventured into the place new Pokemon would appear.

In Johto my favorite place was the park! So many memories participating in the Bug Catching Contests. The nostalgia is almost too strong to even handle. Lake of Rage is a close second though just because of how fun it was encountering my first shiny and seeing it out there in the middle of the lake like that!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 2, 2021
Love to chill on the Seaform Islands, outside of the caves, with a couple of fishing poles and plenty of grass Pokémon.

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
Years
For Johto, it was the Ruins of Alph and Lake of Rage. Both have such awesome music. But honestly, anytime I hear the old school Newbark Town music (or Azalea Town, Cherrygrove City, Goldenrod City.....gah, all of them), it makes me tear up.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
i think i commented on this before, but i choose lavender town and goldernrod city

Years
Ecruteak is amazing.. it's a gorgeous location with very rich history and beautiful music, plus my favorite Johto gym leader is there. ♥ Probably my favorite place in Pokemon overall haha. Also love Blackthorn.

Not many places in Kanto that caught my eye but Vermillion is pretty sweet for the nice name and having the SS Anne.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2022
I liked the hidden lake on Route 45 in the Jotho region where you could fish dratinis.

Back