• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Dude playing as the female character

MasterLemon

What's for tea?
Years
  • Age 26
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 29, 2015
I couldn't really care less. Neither gender does anything to the gameplay. Just don't be like MageKnight404 with the whole thing.

SiriusAlpha

One and only
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 28, 2015
I chose to let my sister have my Y game to introduce her to Pokemon but I played it too and she made some really good progress (Shiny Noivern, Entei and Chikorita all with good natures and IVs) I also figured that I would let the character's appearance be whatever my sister wanted instead of when I played as a male character and spent a lot of time at the Battle Chateau beating up nobles to make it rain for a jacket or something. I was mistaken because I still bought stuff for the character's appearance, but not as much so I still consider this a victory. I also gave the character really short hair to spite my sister because she doesn't want a haircut even though she is in bad need of one. She's stopped playing for a while but the progress we made is too good for me to restart the save file so I'm stuck playing as Haruka (what we named the save file) for a while.

Onikuh

Onikuh
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 12, 2015
I don't think theres much of a problem ^_^
I play as the girl character all the time, except for Pokemon Diamond
It doesn't really matter in the end, anyways so ...

Years
I own both X and Y versions so my main of X is manly...
with Y being secondary play selected for female protagonist fashion

If cross dressing were allowed...

Years
I tried doing that in Diamond or whatever just to switch things up, but I didn't find myself enjoying it, and as such didn't ever consider it for X and Y. I think for me playing as the opposite gender made it hard for me to get lost in the game, and one of the pluses of X and Y being 3D is that it's easier to feel like you're in the world of the game itself.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
she looks great and he's dull.

Played as the female character since GenIV for exactly this reason. And even then I'll play as May sometimes.

It's just the player character, I never really think of them as avatars of myself. Even with the customisation in X/Y, I could never get it to look anything remotely like me, so I play as Serena every time.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
Years
I've never really had much of an issue with the designs of the female characters. I don't really like how short the shorts or skirts are, but it's a game, so it's not going to bother me that much; it's not like I'm wearing it irl, haha. I think my only issue with the female characters is how they give them purse style bags. n_n I've always liked the messenger bag look, and so I'd prefer to have that over the usual bag. It's not enough to have me pick male over female though. It'd be nice to have more customizable options though in future gens.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Are there any differences, game-wise, between genders?
If you choose female, Calem is your *primary* rival, whearas if you choose male Serena is your *primary* rival. Females also have a larger selection of clothing and hairstyle options than the males. That's pretty much it as far as I know.

Back