• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
Well I have Torchic over in Y now. I would go ahead and take some pictures but I'm too lazy at the moment. I'll make sure to take some over the course of the journey though, and at least me at the E4/Champion/AZ.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2016
I'd like to give this ago with one of my favorites :)
Username: CyberSquirtle
Pokemon of Choice: Hitmonchan
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Fire Red, Heart Gold, Emerald , Diamond, Black 2, X

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2016
Fire Red Update #1
- Hacked in a Tyrogue (Little Mac) as my starter
- Grinded up Little Mac on nothing but Metapods and Kakunas till he evolved into a Hitmonchan
w6AavGz

- Rocked (get it) Brock and his gym and got my first badge
- Got my second badge with little resistance from Misty and her team
- Beat my rival (again) with ease
- Hit Lt. Surge's Raichu with a swift uppercut and received my fourth badge
- Ran into the walls within dark cave for what felt like 18 hours
- Burnt Erika's gym to a crisp with Mac's fists
- Giovanni couldn't handle Little Mac at all
- Had a bit of trouble with Koga, so had to grind Mac in a Rocky esque style
- Tried the gym again and ruined Koga's day

Will continue this soon ...

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #1: Venusaur - Leaf Green
Like usual, these runs go relatively fast.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
3.png

Morla the Naive Venusaur (F) @ Lv.48
Ability: Overgrow
Return
Razor Leaf
Leech Seed
Vine Whip

Years
Completed Entei solo on Silver- You'd think that this one was easy due to Entei being a legendary and all right? Nope D: Water pokemon were giving him a lot of problems x.x And lack of moves doesn't help him either x.x

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

244.gif

Aslan|Genderless|Lvl 71|@Charcoal
Bite
Stomp
Flamethrower
Iron Tail

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
So, I've been playing through Pokemon Y lately with my Torchic. I've made it past the second gym as of this post and will continue on a bit further tonight before I stop. I really gotta say I'm not looking forward to the part where I need to stop Lysandre. It feels like the biggest drag in the whole game to be perfectly honest. That aside I expect to be done before the week is over. Then I'll move on to Alpha Sapphire. I'm kind of debating switching it to Emerald though to be perfectly honest since Generation Six is sooooo sllooooowwwwwwww. I'll think about it some more before I complain that much though.>_>

We got Blaziken ladies and lads! We're not even to the third gym yet. The difficulty picked up a bit at this area, but, I'm sure that having the final evolution will make things much easier.

Spoiler:

Third gym down. Rolling on steadily. Going to head to bed now though, it's 3 AM as I update this post. Rest in peace sleep cycle.

Last edited:

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #1: Ho-Oh - X
I finally got myself to play up to the 4th gym after being lazy and only doing bits of 10-15 minutes before turning the game off again. Ho-Oh is one of my favorite legendary Pokémon (2nd gen legendaries ftw) and thanks to Necrum, who got me a level 5 Dream Radar Ho-Oh (thanks again btw), I can solo X with it. The only gym I've had trouble with was the 2nd one, because I forgot Ho-Oh was traded and he leveled up to 31 right before fighting Grant, so I had a little trouble because he wouldn't obey me anymore. I defeated him eventually though.

Screens:
No screens till the League.

Team:
ho-oh.gif

Gentle Ho-Oh (/) @ Lv.46
Ability: Regenerator
Item: Mind Plate
Extrasensory
Sacred Fire
Aerial Ace
Brave Bird

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Finished up Hoopa and Volcanion.

hoopa.gif

Hoopa Lv.71
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Hyperspace Hole

volcanion.gif

Volcanion Lv.70
- Steal Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Flash Cannon

Next up:

Username: Volga
Pokemon of Choice: Kyogre (OR), Groudon (AS)
Challenge: Single x2
Game(s): AS, OR

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #2: Ho-Oh - X
So I played X a lot the past few days and I just finished this run. Sorry for the crappy quality of the pictures, but I only noticed the glare when I was about to take it (well at least I'm not featured that clearly :) ). I really enjoyed playing this (in the end), when I started this I didn't really get into it, but I'm itching to do another run (though I don't know what it'll be).

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
ho-oh.gif

Gentle Ho-Oh (/) @ Lv.92
Ability: Regenerator
Item: Mind Plate
Extrasensory
Sacred Fire
Aerial Ace
Thunderbolt

Oh, if anyone needs/wants a Timid Xerneas, I caught the one in my run, but I've got a complete Dex already on OR so I don't need it. I don't need anything in return and I actually catch it in all my runs (I don't really bother with the Birds and Zygarde anymore).

Last edited:

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
Well I thought I'd just post an update after I got through most of the game today. I've just beaten Gym 7 and I'm on the final stretch. After the last hump that is saving the world I'll have smooth sailing till the end of the game. I'm a bit worried about the E4 because my level doesn't seem like it's going to be high enough to actually take them down without much of an issue. That and my poor luck with High Jump Kick means I'll most likely have to reset once or twice since I don't plan on bringing any other Pokemon but Blaziken in. I'll take some pictures later since I'm going to take a nap, but, right now.

Going to steal this from the previous few posts since I think this is a neat way to keep my Pokemon's stats updated.

blaziken.gif

Blaziken Lv.59
Adamant
Ability: Speed Boost
Item: Leftovers
- High Jump Miss
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Claw
- Return

I usually replace Return with Swords Dance or Hone Claws depending on how frustrated I am with missing at that moment when I need a little extra firepower. I just usually need return on the overworld to make sure I have enough PP to take out everything that gets in my way.

Years
Completed Palkia solo on Pearl - this one was easy - I loved using Palkia though! It has such a cool typing and move pool ^^ And it's such a powerful pokemon ^^

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

484.gif

Aperia|Genderless|Hardy Nature|Pressure|Lvl 72|@Lustrous Orb
Dragon Pulse
Earth Power
Surf
Spacial Rend

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Hey Kingdom Of Tea, I changed my name a while ago from James901 to TheCrystalFlaaffy. I must have forgotten to mention that, sorry :P

Anywho, I completed my Kalos run with Belladonna the Venusaur and finally achieved my second Ultimate Championship title! It was a hell of a lot fun and my love for Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur has grown so much because of this challenge. Their evolution line is definitely in my top 5. Now it's time to focus more on my Ampharos and Blastoise challenges :)

Challenge
Spoiler:
Badges
50px-Bug_Badge.png
50px-Cliff_Badge.png
50px-Rumble_Badge.png
50px-Plant_Badge.png
50px-Voltage_Badge.png
50px-Fairy_Badge.png
50px-Psychic_Badge.png
50px-Iceberg_Badge.png

Hall Of Fame
Spoiler:
venusaur-f.gif

Belladonna
Level 84 | Female | Mild | Chlorophyll
Giga Drain | Sludge Bomb | Hidden Power | Earthquake​

Last edited:

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
So, Pokemon Y is done now. That leaves Alpha Sapphire and I'll be done with the ultimate challenge. Stats and Pictures for Y down below.

blaziken.gif

Valmanway
Blaziken
Lv. 85
Adamant
Ability: Speed Boost
Item: Leftovers
- High Jump Miss
- Flare Blitz
- Return
- Swords Dance

The E4 was really easy, the hardest part was around reflecting cave before Valmanway evolved into Blaziken. After that it was smooth sailing minus any high jump kicks missing, which still happens way too damn much. AZ isn't even worth mentioning, the game is over at Diantha anyway. I'm sure no one in the history of ever has ever had trouble with AZ's team, at least I'd hope so.

Actually, I take that back, if you're using a Pokemon with no way to hit Ghosts that can be an issue. At least he doesn't have a Chandelure or I would of been walled if it had Flash Fire. What a scary thought to get to the end and lose to that. I'd be furious. Note to self, Shadow Claw or Rock Slide on last slot when needed.

Pictures:
Spoiler:

KEEPING A CAMERA STEADY IS REAL HARD BUSINESS BY THE WAY. I know that the 3DS can take pictures on its own, but, you can only get to them if you take out the Micro SD right? I don't know, I'm sure someone has more experience in the matter than I do.

Also, I was thinking of doing an Emerald run along side Alpha Sapphire to see how the runs would of been. Kingdom of Tea, should I sign up for that to count as a separate solo run, or does it not really matter much?

----

ORAS run has started and I've gotten two badges into it before my battery was getting low and I stopped. I'm actually having fun with it believe it or not. I'm not too far in at the point and it's basically blind, I've played third gen before, so I'm having high hopes for this. Hell I'm pretty sure I'll complete the post game on this file just to do it, but, as it stands right now it's pretty great. Anyway here's my kicken mcnuggets at the moment.

combusken.gif

Valmanway
Combusken
Lv. 23
Jolly
Ability: Blaze
Item: Luck Incense
- Double Kick
- Flame Charge
- Peck
- Bulk Up

Quick update here. I've complete the eighth gym and now am going to victory road. I'm going to be done with this challenge very soon. I have to say I'm quite excited about this all since this will be my second ultimate challenge completed. Then I'll most likely run an Emerald Solo right after to test the waters (dohohoho) to see the differences.

blaziken.gif

Valmanway
Blaziken
Lv. 71
Jolly
Item: Blazikenite
- High Jump Miss
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

And with that it's all over. I have completed ORAS and with that I have completed the Ultimate Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge (UCPSC?) with Blaziken. It was a longer ride than I expected, but, it was a lot of fun. I'm going to go on and finish Delta Emerald tonight I think with the solo challenge rules, but, I won't really count it since it's not part of the required goal of the thread. That being said, pictures and final stats after I beat Steven. Also hot damn the May fight took me off guard I wasn't expecting that. but I still won! The games should really do stuff like that more often in the remakes, change them up a lot more. My overall experience with ORAS has been extremely positive up to this point though. So put me up there dawg, we ultimate champions now! Onto Delta Emerald!

Spoiler:

Final Stats
blaziken.gif

Valmanway
Blaziken
Lv. 78
Jolly
Item: Blazikenite
- High Jump Miss
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

Last edited:
Years
I. Hate. Dugtrio.

This was one of the most painful solos that I did for sure >_< Constant restarting waiting for flinches against Agatha, Lance and Champion/Rival was annoying >_<

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

051.gif

Mole|Female|Quiet Nature|Pressure|Lvl 69|@Quick Claw
Slash
Dig
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Completed Cacturne solo on Sapphire ^^ I loved this one :3 Though Drake's Salamence was really really annoying and I had to use my HM slaves for revive spamming >_> I hated that D:

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

332.gif

Ella|Female|Gentle Nature|Sand Veil|Lvl 68|@BlackGlasses
Faint Attack
Spikes
Needle Arm
Sandstorm

Last edited:

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #2: Venusaur - Leaf Green
Giga Drain was really annoying with its low 5 PP, especially because Agatha's Gengars used Double Team and the only move that could hit them was Giga Drain.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
3.png

Morla the Naive Venusaur (F) @ Lv.93
Ability: Overgrow
Return
Earthquake
Toxic
Giga Drain

Next sign-ups:
Username: Buzz Buzz
Pokémon: Butterfree
Challenge: Single
Game: Gold

Username: Buzz Buzz
Pokémon: Mr. Mime
Challenge: Single
Game: X

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm in the process of updating the OP, it should be up-to-date either tonight or tomorrow if I have the time. :)

Last edited:
Years
Latias solo completed on Sapphire ^.^

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

380.gif

Aka|Female|Quiet Nature|Levitate|Lvl 60|@Lax Incense
Psychic
Calm Mind
DragonBreath
Ice Beam

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #1: Butterfree - Gold
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
12.png

Bugsy the Butterfree (M) @ Lv.32
Return
Stun Spore
Gust
Confusion

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Hey everyone, the OP is finally up-to-date! Make sure to check for any errors in your challenges and let me know right away so I can fix them. I also tweeked the rules/information in the OP so please make sure you check that all out when you get the chance. :)

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Hey everyone, the OP is finally up-to-date! Make sure to check for any errors in your challenges and let me know right away so I can fix them. I also tweeked the rules/information in the OP so please make sure you check that all out when you get the chance. :)

My Blaziken run is in both the Single Challengers and Champions lists under RSE. Could you take it out of the challengers list. This error was there before you became owner again, so it's not an error on your part. :p

And Lugia, Ho-Oh, and Celebi are in the GSC challengers list. Could you remove them as I've completed them on HG.

Anyways, congrats on being the owner again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back