• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon OC's?

Melacine

kik: melacinee
Years
Have any of you ever made you own Pokemon characters? Be it a Fakemon or an actual trainer/professor/etc. Was it for a roleplay forum or just for fun?

I have multiple OC's with some extensive histories and personalities and such, so I was curious if anyone else had original characters!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, many. Maaaany. I hang out in the Roleplay Corner here, so over the years I've created many colorful figures to play as or to confound other players with. Some of my favs are the pokemon on my current character Aberdeen's team, such as the suspicious and proud female Honedge named Hero, or the supercute little Whismur called Winter who packs a punch when he needs to. Aberdeen in himself is pretty plain haha. I tried to make him more grim in the most recent chapter though! The RP is calles Crossroads; A Johto Story, in case anyone was wondering.

I also once had a shiny Sneasel in another Johto RP, whose name was Parade. He was just soooo slick.

My absolute fav is probably someone called uuuh Ashton I think? Also a Johto RP, actually, haha. He met a jolly Cryogonal in Icy Path who saved his life, and he also had a Remoraid whom he in battle carried in his arms like a cannon. Good times.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I've made looooads of fakemon. Those are mainly for fun, maybe for a game in the future, dunno. Those guys are the whole reason I started to visit this site.
I GM a pokemon RP at the moment, so I've got my own OC there, although he lacks a bit of history atm, as he has only a lifespan of one post.

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
Years
Yeah I have a few OC's, a lot of Fakemon and even my own region! But I'll talk WAY too much about them, so I'll just say this: I have a Professor, who is a total nuthead, and her two nieces, cousins who have opposite personalities.

Years
I have made fake eevee-lutions for the other types. Like a water/fire type named Steameon, or Insection the Bug type. And here is Steameon's Dex entry:

Steameon,The Steam pokemon

This Pokemon can dissapear into water, and into air,making it hard to catch and rare to find. It can evolve from Eevee at level 15 using a Fire Stone and a Water Stone.

Height: 3'2
Weight: 0.005 kg.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
Pokemon OC?
Like making homemade pokemon art or fanfiction?
Sure. I mean, my Avatar is a depiction of me in Sprite form. I actually plan on using it for hack purposes. I also have a collection of 12 unique trainer sprites I made as important characters for my hack's storyline (with my trainer sprite included). I've made four sprite fakemon, and they're... meh? I have trouble making unique fakemon... so a lot of them look like warped versions of pokemon that already exist. For some reason I'm better with making Trainer sprites than I am with making fakemon. All of my fakemon have a personal background and biology. In fact... I have actually "written out" more fakemon then I have designed in sprite form. As well as each of my trainers have backgrounds where all the characters are connected to one another in some way within the story, while at the same time being off on their own objectives.

Since making this hack is purely out of hobby and for fun, yeah I definitely make my stuff for fun, it's really fun imagining up all the characters and making them have complex stories and backgrounds, makes them feel real to you, and the more real they feel to me, the more real they will seem when people are playing the game (hopefully).

I just have to say, I read through the posts in this thread, and I thought you guys had a lot of great ideas for characters, have you guys ever thought of writing out a full pokemon story with the idea of designing it for a hack game or something? I believe that most hackers find the hardest part of building a game is writing a good story for it, and that really is an extremely large portion of the work all on its own.

Years
Because of a roleplaying group I was in for the first half of the 2000s, I have quite a few various pokemon characters floating around in my head. All of them are of pokemon themselves; most are official species, some are fake species both of my and others' creation. They range from normal-looking pokemon, to ones that are mostly normal but with a few other things (cubone with stripes), to just plain weird with color (light purple and brown furret, eevee colored like a spinarak - yes there was actually an explanation for that), or even fan-made subspecies of official pokemon. Actually, that purple furret and a black male nidoran were among my favorite characters from that place. 8) God do I miss playing them and the others sometimes.

I've also made a few fake pokemon - most of them were made with that group in mind, although some I've made just for the heck of it. I liked taking typings that hadn't been done yet (at the time) and seeing what I could come up with. :>

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Once or twice for an unfinished RP or two. I do like creating characters, but generally not for someone else's paracosm.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I've only really made one Trainer OC, but I'm wanting to redesign him soon. While his design was somewhat based on me, I want him to be based more directly on me. Also, he used to be an Ice-type Gym Leader, but I don't feel that special. Going to redesign him as a regular trainer who uses some of my favorites (the team in my sig).

As far as Fakemon, I've probably designed over 100. I had been working on my own Fakemon project for a while (started close to 8 years ago), but I gave up on it. Now there are less than 10 of my designs that I even care for. Here's one of my favorites:

fairicity_redesign_by_karite_kita_neko-d5hxk8d.png
fairicity_in_pokemon_red_blue_by_karite_kita_neko-d89jao2.gif

Years
I have several that I've used in RPs, with others planned that may or may not actually happen at some point. I'm not a fan of "Mystery Dungeon" RPs or fakemon, so all of mine are Trainers with real Pokemon. I've only really been able to use two of them, though, since most of the Pokemon RPs I've been in die off fairly quickly. Thankfully, those same two characters are still active in an RP on a different site that's been going for a few years now, which I guess sort of makes up for not being able to use the others.

Back