• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Darkness Falls~ *Dark Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWolf98

That Guy >.>
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 31, 2015

Sableye...

Okay, to be serious now!

Or should we go back on track with
Week of April 18th ~ POTW Krookodile
Week of April 25th ~ POTW ???
Week of May 2nd ~ New Topic
Week of May 9th ~ POTW

I believe this is the better route to go personally. I feel as if this group hasn't responded to this particular pokemon with gusto, so maybe do a pole or questionair with a prize or something to help introduce this new pokemon... But it has to be a very likable pokemon, maybe have us go back to certain popular pokemon and have a competeion of some type to see which dark type pokemon is the coolest/strongest/widely known/etc.

Just a suggestion.

Cause Sableye...

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I don't get what is so discussion a invoking in Saybleye... Like, alright, its a Dark/Ghost type with a strange mega that isn't really all that powerful. And POTW should include all Dark Pokémon, not just final evolutions. Also, if the next POTW is a Dark/Ghost that isn't *Saybleye* (I do read) ;) then I know what said PoTW is.

We could do mini group battle tournaments say once every month, and the winner could win something like a shiny version of the current PoTW for example. Something along those lines maybe? That would be a cool exclusive group activity.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Omg we didnt do absol yet lol i forgot that!
And ya absol is a "contender" haha only one thats not is Sableye cause that will likely be a biggggggg discussion in the future :)

Krookodile does have some dragon in him i myself have used him twice he has a great move pool and is very good competitively especially on a ground mono he leads it haha. His typing is a.so cool as Tyranitar is rock and dark he bring ground and dark along with moxie which is awesome haha. I dont feel he'd get a mega soon maybe after a good amount of gen 4 pokes get there Megas oh and i agree eventually every poke will probably get a mega haha. But ya i do really like krookodile he was a fav in the anime as well as in unova it was pretty much just him and excadrill hehe.

Absol, Drapion and Greninja hmmm well we got a week or so so people can keep putting in their thoughts on who should be up haha perhaps it will be Greninja he is quite popular (i hate him with protein lol) im sure he will get a wide discussion haha. Ummm i think we will continue to discuss Krookodile for a while and then possibly a new topic unless i decide to skip to the next POTW to keep us on track or just go with the flow lol.

So..... Maybe
Week of April 25th ~ New Topic
Week of May 2nd ~ POTW ???

Week of May 9th ~ POTW

Whichever seems fitting haha i dont like scheduling but i guess its nice to be organized lol

EDIT: Btw we have enough past topics to put in spoilers now so yay and i updated the current post with all past topics, current topics, old POTW, and a refreshed members list any errors let me know haha. Also for the new topics coming up whenever if anyone has a suggestion or something you could fly it by me and i can create it or just create it on the week that we decide on :3

Ok so that was a lot of talking i feel organized lol. (Oh and spoilers one of the upcoming POTW (not the one ur inputting) may be a dark/ghost :P)

Edit if the Edit: to well actually everyone and to new members you probably notice that i like to incorporate everyone in the club and dont exactly make decisions with my own imput haha. So its great to hear feedback from you guys on stuff ex. Better ways to run the club, events, other stuff, whatever you can think of you can post it here or vm me thanks for reading this! Also looking for people who could make some more userbars for the club it would be highly appreciated!

Ok ok edit of the edit of the other edit XD: ok so i have on more question for future POTWs i release we may one day run out of dark types :O but id like to know should i start doing POTW with unevolved pokemon as well? Would you guys like to dicuss them? Or the whole line as a whole? Feel free to drop your opinion!
So ya..... You may have just read this entire post if you did and feel like proving it say *Sableye* at the bottom of you next post as something fun haha

Firstly im just gonna quote this post for anyine who hasnt read it and doesnt feel like going all the way back a page aka me haha.

Cause Sableye will be a POTW but im saving him lol
And the next POTW will be whatever you guys choose then sometime in the future itll be spiritomb or sableye hehe

You do read! Lol
So the dark and ghost will be the one after the one you guys are picking and the week will be determined based on everyones opinion for the schedule.
I like your logic haha now battle tournaments as in OU and stuff? And then we encorporate dark types with it by giving one out with shiny right? The only issue i see there would be getting a shiny poke 1 and 2 itll be even harder to get the exact shiny of the POTW. I have 100 shinies about that are KB with 1iv-3iv-5iv-6iv and i could get them cloned if need be haha. Oh and i would think every other month maybe or maybe every month lol i just would have to find people with shinies haha. (We'd be the coolest club though right???? Haha)

Edit:i found that i own a shiny sableye lol

Circuit

Years
I think every month is reasonable, as shinies aren't too hard to get hold of really. There is always one in the GTS for pretty much every Pokémon. We'd definitely be the coolest club with our own battles and giveaways and such.

Here's my idea. We have tournaments between members, and every team has to be in the group (OU, UU, NU etc.) specified and also MUST have at least 1 dark type present. The winner receives a shiny of the current PoTW and recognition on the OP perhaps? Something like;

"This month's battle tournament winner: ..."

You get the idea.

That's what I think would be a cool thing to do. Once a month gives everyone time to train teams and for the appropriate shiny to be acquired. What do you think?

Dedenne1

Years
Do you think it would be ok to train teams? Personally i am not so good at that as many people may not but showdown is kinda easier they can make there team right there and its on the PC server which its easier to find people on and get ahold of people as well. The shiny thing is still debatable but i like the idea of putting them in the OP though. There is only 20 some members in the club and not all are active as you may have seen so it may be hard to have a lot but then again the competitions could attract more members. I do want everyones opinion on this and the other things i said as well cause it helps judgment haha so everyone please spill your opinions haha.

And for those of you that havent expressed your opinions yet feel free too discuss the POTW and read this post!

Omg we didnt do absol yet lol i forgot that!
And ya absol is a "contender" haha only one thats not is Sableye cause that will likely be a biggggggg discussion in the future :)

Krookodile does have some dragon in him i myself have used him twice he has a great move pool and is very good competitively especially on a ground mono he leads it haha. His typing is a.so cool as Tyranitar is rock and dark he bring ground and dark along with moxie which is awesome haha. I dont feel he'd get a mega soon maybe after a good amount of gen 4 pokes get there Megas oh and i agree eventually every poke will probably get a mega haha. But ya i do really like krookodile he was a fav in the anime as well as in unova it was pretty much just him and excadrill hehe.

Absol, Drapion and Greninja hmmm well we got a week or so so people can keep putting in their thoughts on who should be up haha perhaps it will be Greninja he is quite popular (i hate him with protein lol) im sure he will get a wide discussion haha. Ummm i think we will continue to discuss Krookodile for a while and then possibly a new topic unless i decide to skip to the next POTW to keep us on track or just go with the flow lol.

So..... Maybe

Week of May 9th ~ POTW

Whichever seems fitting haha i dont like scheduling but i guess its nice to be organized lol

EDIT: Btw we have enough past topics to put in spoilers now so yay and i updated the current post with all past topics, current topics, old POTW, and a refreshed members list any errors let me know haha. Also for the new topics coming up whenever if anyone has a suggestion or something you could fly it by me and i can create it or just create it on the week that we decide on :3

Ok so that was a lot of talking i feel organized lol. (Oh and spoilers one of the upcoming POTW (not the one ur inputting) may be a dark/ghost :P)

Edit if the Edit: to well actually everyone and to new members you probably notice that i like to incorporate everyone in the club and dont exactly make decisions with my own imput haha. So its great to hear feedback from you guys on stuff ex. Better ways to run the club, events, other stuff, whatever you can think of you can post it here or vm me thanks for reading this! Also looking for people who could make some more userbars for the club it would be highly appreciated!

Ok ok edit of the edit of the other edit XD: ok so i have on more question for future POTWs i release we may one day run out of dark types :O but id like to know should i start doing POTW with unevolved pokemon as well? Would you guys like to dicuss them? Or the whole line as a whole? Feel free to drop your opinion!
So ya..... You may have just read this entire post if you did and feel like proving it say *Sableye* at the bottom of you next post as something fun haha

Last edited:
Years
If Absol was PotW, i'm sure people would have a LOT of fun talking about that one. Because it's easily in my top 5 favorite Hoenn Pokémon, and one I have used in games like B2W2 and XY quite a few times. But if we get Greninja, cool, i'll go with it.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
@Aslan- I'd love to see a poofy Fairy/Dark as well! It would be quite adorable. Sorry for not replying sooner but sickness.
@Dedenne- Don't worry about not posting due to sickness, as long as you are better that's what counts!

Anywho, the Krook! I think I have used it before but I do have an IV bred Sandile. The built in shades though, so nice. Also, who doesn't love crocodiles? The second scheledule looks fine to me and I shall nominate Scrafty so I can fangirl. Greninja and Absol are cool too!

@Ninja- Mega Sableye is a boss, get a Prankster Will-o or Calm Mind up before Mega evolving and with Sableye's solid Defenses it can tank most hits and simply set up or Recover.

Circuit

Years
Could do it through Showdown, but I like the battle simulation from X/Y ;-; Plus I think having some trained teams on the actual games could come in handy... You never know, one day you might find a Pokémon tournament and you'll realise you have a winning team on your console! Haha

You could always find someone who was willing to donate said shiny to you or whoever organises the tournament. Besides, as I said before, the GTS has pretty much any Shiny you could need, provided you have the required Pokémon. But I'm sure it wouldn't come to that. Just ask around the trading centre.

And I didn't realise Saybleye was such a good Pokémon... Shows right there that I don't play competitively eh?

Dedenne1

Years
@Ninja Aiden hmm maybe i like the showdown thing better but hopefully others will input there opinions as well. Alright the shiny thing is doable as long as i can find alittle help and such and such its also a competition for fun haha so i think those 2 will probably draw people to it if we can do it.
Oh and sableye is annoying anyway either though its mega or not its OU and easily halts your team with its defense and taunt and will o wisp lol.

@Zinnia good to see you back! Ya seriously if you dont like crocodiles whats wrong with you? Lol but krookdodile and his line will always be my fav! Oh and second schedule got it!

@Pendarflame hmmm another for Absol i love it and its mega cause well just look at it haha so it seems its tied between Absol in Greninja haha

If you havent given an opinion already please do i can just out the questions here so its easier to find than go back a page and read that annoyingly long post!

Since our Schedule was messed up by non other than me we can do 2 types either:

Week of May 9th ~ POTW

Feedback? Better ways to run the club, events, other stuff, whatever you can think of you can post it here or vm me!

So one day run out of dark types :O so that is why i made POTW bi-monthly so we can stretch it out a bit but id like to know should i start doing POTW with unevolved pokemon as well? Would you guys like to dicuss them? Or the whole line as a whole? This could allow us to continue them even more and such so whats your opinion?

Lastly:
Do you guys like Ninja Aidens idea? (If you havent its under the spoiler) Would you rather battle on showdown or in XY/ORAS? Would you participate in this type of event? Any other things you'd like to say?

Spoiler:

Thanks for reading blah blah blah plzzzzzzzzzz give feedback we destperately need it (well i do haha) and thanks for helping make the club better!

mariomaniac432

Shuckle Master
Years
Username: mariomaniac432
Reason you love dark types:
Because they're all around awesomesauce. Their designs are sleek, they are often very powerful, and contrary to what is likely popular belief, they secretly just want to be loved like any other Pokemon. Pokemon are (generaly) not inherently evil, it's the trainers that are evil, and raise Pokemon to do evil things. Dark types may look menacing, but this is likely why evil trainers are drawn to them. Are you going to be more intimidating with a Houndoom by your side, or a Persian? Yeah, it's the Houndoom. I have three Pokemon Plushies, and they are all Dark-Types: Umbreon, Houndour, and Yveltal. I wish to obtain three more so that I can have a full team or Dark-types. At first, I didn't care for Dark-Types too much. But in 4th gen I started playing competitive Pokemon and saw them in a whole new light (or was it darkness?). My appreciation for them grew rapidly, and now they are one of my three favorite types, along with Bug and Flying. If only they made a Bug/Dark-type Pokemon... They were so close with you, Skorupi... So close...
3 partner pokemon:
Umbreon, Houndoom, Yveltal
Answer any current topic:
Well I already mentioned that I want a Bug/Dark type so I'll go with that. I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet, as I'm sure it would be rather simple. Many people are afraid of bugs, so making one that's also Dark type would just be logical, as it would add to that fear factor. I don't even care if it's another spider-like Pokemon, that would probably be easiest, and would look awesome. A bee would probably work, but again, we already have two of those... With all the types of bugs in the world I'm sure GameFreak could come up with something. Dark/Electric is also something I'd like to see, and could also probably be made with relative ease.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
Username: JatinGupta
Reason you love dark types: I like Dark type Pokemon because They are generally cool and look awesome and most of them are bit scary tho. ^_^
3 partner pokemon: Mightyena,Hydreigon,Weavile
Answer any current topic: I would Like to see a Dark/Fairy type Pokemon as Dark type moves are least effective when hit on fairy type Pokemon(and vice versa) So If there is a dark/fairy type Pokemon the fairy type moves(Fighting types and bug types moves are also added) will not very much effective on dark type Pokemon.Thus It will really revolutionized the world of dark type Pokemon!

Circuit

Years
@Ninja Aiden hmm maybe i like the showdown thing better but hopefully others will input there opinions as well. Alright the shiny thing is doable as long as i can find alittle help and such and such its also a competition for fun haha so i think those 2 will probably draw people to it if we can do it.

So one day run out of dark types :O so that is why i made POTW bi-monthly so we can stretch it out a bit but id like to know should i start doing POTW with unevolved pokemon as well? Would you guys like to dicuss them? Or the whole line as a whole? This could allow us to continue them even more and such so whats your opinion?

It's fine by me if it is done on Showdown, I can appreciate the convenience of it ^-^ It's a competition for fun, but there is always a prize at the end right? Besides, if it's every month or fortnightly, then you'd have plenty of time to locate the shiny in question, if you know what the PoTW will be. You'll have to plan them in advance maybe... You could always base the PoTW around what shinies you're likely to have available to you.

I also think that unevolved Pokémon or lower tiers should definitely be included. They're still dark types, and aren't completely encompassed by their evolved forms. Behind every great Tyranitar is a meek Larvitar and so on haha (Yes, Larvitar isn't dark but was just an example :P)

Hey to mariomaniac and JatinGupta! Dark/Fairy would be interesting only being weak to Poison and Steel. I wonder if that would be too strong or not...

Dedenne1

Years
Username: mariomaniac432
Reason you love dark types:
Because they're all around awesomesauce. Their designs are sleek, they are often very powerful, and contrary to what is likely popular belief, they secretly just want to be loved like any other Pokemon. Pokemon are (generaly) not inherently evil, it's the trainers that are evil, and raise Pokemon to do evil things. Dark types may look menacing, but this is likely why evil trainers are drawn to them. Are you going to be more intimidating with a Houndoom by your side, or a Persian? Yeah, it's the Houndoom. I have three Pokemon Plushies, and they are all Dark-Types: Umbreon, Houndour, and Yveltal. I wish to obtain three more so that I can have a full team or Dark-types. At first, I didn't care for Dark-Types too much. But in 4th gen I started playing competitive Pokemon and saw them in a whole new light (or was it darkness?). My appreciation for them grew rapidly, and now they are one of my three favorite types, along with Bug and Flying. If only they made a Bug/Dark-type Pokemon... They were so close with you, Skorupi... So close...
3 partner pokemon:
Umbreon, Houndoom, Yveltal
Answer any current topic:
Well I already mentioned that I want a Bug/Dark type so I'll go with that. I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet, as I'm sure it would be rather simple. Many people are afraid of bugs, so making one that's also Dark type would just be logical, as it would add to that fear factor. I don't even care if it's another spider-like Pokemon, that would probably be easiest, and would look awesome. A bee would probably work, but again, we already have two of those... With all the types of bugs in the world I'm sure GameFreak could come up with something. Dark/Electric is also something I'd like to see, and could also probably be made with relative ease.

Username: JatinGupta
Reason you love dark types: I like Dark type Pokemon because They are generally cool and look awesome and most of them are bit scary tho. ^_^
3 partner pokemon: Mightyena,Hydreigon,Weavile
Answer any current topic: I would Like to see a Dark/Fairy type Pokemon as Dark type moves are least effective when hit on fairy type Pokemon(and vice versa) So If there is a dark/fairy type Pokemon the fairy type moves(Fighting types and bug types moves are also added) will not very much effective on dark type Pokemon.Thus It will really revolutionized the world of dark type Pokemon!

Welcome Welcome welcome welcome!
Nice to see some new members I'll add you guys soon haha
Wow marioamaniac i like your amount of info haha and Skorpi was so close but then it wasnt cause for some reason we put poison in oh well. But maybe one day haha! I have to admit i didnt like them at first either but grew to like them over time and they are so not all bad and evil some are cute and fun and awesome ^^. Dark and electric very nice too *cough* *luxray* *cough* i mean comeon he looks just like one! But ya id love a dark and electric too! Anyways welcome feel free to add your opinion to the above question and hope to see you discussing in the future!

Like ive probably said atleast a dozen times a fairy and dark type would be sooooooo cool! I mean its a good typing and strategic and its a little dark type thats gotta be cute! Haha nice choice and feel free to add your opinion as well and i hope to see you around as well!

It's fine by me if it is done on Showdown, I can appreciate the convenience of it ^-^ It's a competition for fun, but there is always a prize at the end right? Besides, if it's every month or fortnightly, then you'd have plenty of time to locate the shiny in question, if you know what the PoTW will be. You'll have to plan them in advance maybe... You could always base the PoTW around what shinies you're likely to have available to you.

I also think that unevolved Pokémon or lower tiers should definitely be included. They're still dark types, and aren't completely encompassed by their evolved forms. Behind every great Tyranitar is a meek Larvitar and so on haha (Yes, Larvitar isn't dark but was just an example :P)

Hey to mariomaniac and JatinGupta! Dark/Fairy would be interesting only being weak to Poison and Steel. I wonder if that would be too strong or not...
Ok so im fine on all those matters i think that if other members just give some opinions on whether or not theyre open to it and other stuff i could make it work and such (maybe id even start with sableye) haha. Ya planning in advance thats definately what I'll do haha i can actually make a calendar or something for the club to keep it organized for POTW thats kinda why in the first post i have past ones so i dont repeat haha. (Oh ya and always a prize for fun is just a saying its more just always for the prize and glory and bragging rights lol)

Thats what i was thinking so maybe I'll start unevolved POTWs soon and thanks for sharing your opinion haha.

Circuit

Years
It seems I'm the only one really active here at the moment haha. Or the only one with an opinion to share. Either way, you're welcome ^^

I would like to see a full Dark type tournament at some point, would be interesting to see the outcome.
What would your competitive team be, if you could only use Dark types and sub-types?

mariomaniac432

Shuckle Master
Years
Unfortunately many Dark-types with a second type share that combination with another Dark-Type, making choices a bit limited if you're trying to keep a diverse team. But my team probably be something Umbreon, Greninja, Hydregion, Spiritomb, Mega Houndoom, and Drapion.

Greninja is just an all around beast, definitely one of the best Pokemon introduced in 6th Gen as far as competitive Pokemon go. Protean also makes it more versatile in a situation like this. Umbreon is just one of my favorite Pokemon of all time, so for that reason alone I'd use it. I'm not that familiar with the 6th Gen meta, but in 4th Gen it was really good as a physical wall/tank thanks to moves like Curse, Payback, and Wish. Hydregion hits harder than Greninja, at the cost of speed, so he's there to get the KOs that Greninja can't. Spiritomb can take hits from both the physical and special side, while also dealing out decent damage on both sides, making him an excellent choice. And only being weak to Fairy is another plus (curse you, Fairy-Type!). Choosing which Mega I wanted was tough, since they all share a type with another Pokemon I was considering or ended up choosing. In the end I chose Mega Houndoom because I love Houndoom, and it doesn't share a type with the others. The last slot was almost as hard to choose as the Mega. My team was almost all Special Attackers, but I wanted a physical attacker that was fast. Mega Sharpedo is the fastest, but I'm using Houndoom as my Mega. This leaves regular Sharpedo and Drapion as the fastest, and Krookodile not far behind. But I'm already using Greninja (even though it likely never actually be a Water or Dark-Type here), so Sharpedo was out again. Krookodile is stronger offensively, but I like that Drapion can take a hit better, so I went with Drapion.

milk!

oh yeah!
Years
Username: Milk!
Reason you love dark types: When Dark types were first introduced in Gen 2, I was in love. The idea of a new type was already exciting to me, but I thought a Dark type was just the neatest thing ever! It brought something new to Pokemon, a more sinister type to balance out the more light-based ones. Also, dark Pokemon all look super cool!
3 partner pokemon: Murkrow, Sneasel, Houndoom
Answer any current topic: What other types that have not been paired with dark types do you hope to see or expect to see?
Dark/Fairy! Now that would be an interesting combination considering they're pretty much on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Circuit

Years
Welcome Milk!

The thing I'm thinking with Dark/Fairy, is that it would end up being like a Devil themed Pokémon, like the fallen angel Lucifer. A corrupted angel fallen from Heaven into Hell. That would be seriously cool.

In response to my own topic, my team would be Umbreon, Mega Tyranitar, Hydreigon, Krookodile, Zoroark and Sharpedo

Umbreon has high Def and Sp.Def, and is overall quite tanky, becoming the wall for my team, while Sharpedo takes over as the physical Sweeper/revenge killer. Tyranitar and its mega form will be the physical attacker for the team, with Hydreigon being the special attacker. Zoroark and Krookodile are there to counter specific types such as psychic and electric switches. There's not an awful lot to say about this team for me, since I don't battle competitively a hell of a lot, and to talk more about the team, I'd need experience I don't have lmao.

Dedenne1

Years
Welcome to the Club Milk! Feel free to join in on the current discussion (reminds me i gotta update the OP) and happy to have you here!
I like both your teams Mario maniac and Aiden! They both are actually well made haha they count for most weaknesses and MM umbreon is a pretty good wall! Haha
(Oh and nice use of colors Aiden lol)

So for the current topic that Aiden created (btw i love it haha) i guess ill answer!
For me it would probably be something like this:

Zoroark
Krookodile
Hydreigon
Mega Sableye
Malamar
Drapion

So firstly as some may know Zoroark is my favorite dark type and he is actually decent competitively fooling people usually works hes pretty much a glass cannon and can take out multiple opponents if they cant figure out what poke he is first and is awesome with focus sash. Krookodile is great as support or Offensive one moxie usually makes him do superb damage and he has a wide move pool for coverage! Hydreigon as we all know is a glass cannon as well with those amazing SpAtk stats and wide movepool he can take out multiple foes as long as theyre not fairy types haha. M-Sableye has proved himself to be one of the most annoying ou pokes out there and is a great addition to the team with great defense and only one typing being supereffective along with magic bounce he can wreck a team and bring it to its knees! Malamar i havent had much experience but with superpower and its ability it can do pretty great! Its also great coverage for fighting types! And lastly Drapion another poke with only one weakness! And he is also great coverage for fairy types so need i say more? Of coarse the team would need a lot of tweaking here but its a pretty good one for right off the top of my head haha. But i think i will test this team on showdown in the future especially if we do have tours in the club!

mariomaniac432

Shuckle Master
Years
The thing I'm thinking with Dark/Fairy, is that it would end up being like a Devil themed Pokémon, like the fallen angel Lucifer. A corrupted angel fallen from Heaven into Hell. That would be seriously cool.

I always thought a Dark/Fairy type would be more like a Pokemon that was once evil, but redeemed itself and became good, and would likely be a legendary in order to fit that role better.

Circuit

Years
That's a good idea too, I never thought of it like that. That's a really interesting concept, maybe the legendary for Gen VII?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back