• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
sorry if this is asked alot so i've downloaded the game and (and love it) so i patched it when i got to the time thing it won't work it won't let me set it and i've enabled real time clock but it still won't work it's a clean rom so is it a problem with the hack or do i have to change something else in the settings i will play it without the clock if i have to

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 23, 2015
Huh. How about that. I was just thinking about whether or not I could run LiquidCrystal on real hardware, and googled this page to see if I could, and I get the news that there was an update not even half a day ago. Talk about good timing.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
Oh my god, Link's back! I truly never thought this moment would actually come! Just a question, with the new build update, do we have to re-download and patch a clean rom again, or should my game automatically update (somehow)? Great to be hearing you'll be doing it all over again making it bug free, although it's a shame I'll have to start again, I like the team I made. Oh well! But anyway, I'm just glad to know it really is back in business. Even if progress is going to be slow, that's fine because I have exams too. No pressure, just do what you can!

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Oh my god, Link's back! I truly never thought this moment would actually come! Just a question, with the new build update, do we have to re-download and patch a clean rom again, or should my game automatically update (somehow)? Great to be hearing you'll be doing it all over again making it bug free, although it's a shame I'll have to start again, I like the team I made. Oh well! But anyway, I'm just glad to know it really is back in business. Even if progress is going to be slow, that's fine because I have exams too. No pressure, just do what you can!

You'll need to download and patch again to a clean rom, name the rom the same as your .sav file, and you can continue to use your save file as is. It should be like that for a while until this restart happens :)

BLAx501!

Pokemon Flux
Years
Okay, I can now rest in peace. Thank you for coming back, LaZ. Your hack is one of my main source of inspiration for mine, and I can't wait to play LC again.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 20, 2015
so here's my question : Does the new build finish the mandarin city ? and what happens after you have taken down all the nexus beacons ?

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2023
Just thought I would like to say, last night I pushed the first build update in 15 months. The build is a small patch for the Orange Islands, more info on the build history page, and a spoiler below. You guys waited 1.5 years for development to resume, to those who are still with us, thanks for holding out.

Spoiler:

So why did this happen? The answer is simple, I'm back! Development has resumed on LC, however it will be at a slower pace than previously seen. For example, there could be 10+ new builds in a day, and none for a week+. I'm juggling my time here and there to fit as much LC in as possible. I miss hacking and it's been far too long. As I did that update and pushed the build button, I was shaking with excitement of whats to come for LC in the future. It seems like a coincidence that Zeikku made a post last night, he does not know about my comeback, nobody did until now. So there we go, I'm back, so let's continue where things left off.

As for my plans on what's coming, there will be a patch somewhere soon to fix the Crystal Onix glitches which have plagued the game since 2013. Thanks to DaniilS for his ASM skills. I'll be continuing the story and various bug fixes hand in hand with the aim to have the story 100% completed as the first priority. After this is done and the final areas are available, the build will change to a new major number to mark this milestone of completion. However, the game is not gonna be completed at that point, there is still more to do. Once the story is done, the final phase of development will begin. This is where we re-create the whole game from scratch on a new ROM. Not only will this make for a much more pleasant experience, but it will be bug free and glitch free as well. That is the main reason for that decision. It will mean however that everyones save game will be incompatible when that happens.

So there we have it, out of the blue LC is back :)

Welcome back (for the... 4th time?)!
It brings me joy to see even though your life moved forward, you still look back to your old school projects.
I can't say I'm not excited to this! I've been waiting for a final closure to the LC project since it has been released.
Although I never post anything, I've been a follower and supporter.
LaZ, even if you have to move the ongoing of the project away from your current life priorities, know that fans like me will still wait and support you (and the entire team).
I just got GBA4iOS running here and I'll be waiting!
Good luck folks!

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Will the old warehouse and the science complex be available in one of the upcoming builds? Also, where can you find the Mandarin City gym leader? (If he is available).

linkandzelda

Years
Will the old warehouse and the science complex be available in one of the upcoming builds? Also, where can you find the Mandarin City gym leader? (If he is available).

Both of those places will be created very soon, in fact the outside of the warehouse building was mapped last night. The gym leader will also be available soon.

linkandzelda

Years
Are you going to put mewtwo event in the future releases?

Yes, there will be a way to catch Mewtwo in the new future.

---

I have an update to post about regarding the Orange Islands. Thanks first to daniilS for his ASMAGIX. Update details may contain spoilers so expand it if you want or just update and keep playing.

Spoiler:

Once again, thanks to daniilS for for his awesome work!

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2021
im load the newest version of the hack and updatet my gamefile and now the game freeze when i use a hm

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
i have my savefile in the atachement. so can anybody which work on the hack see it.

sry for my bad english. i'm german

I can use HMs without problems. Have you applied the patch to an older, already patched ROM? If that's the case then it'd be pretty logical for it to crash, so please try reapplying it to a clean FR ROM.

Btw, guys, there's been another small update fixing the Crystal Onix to Crystal Steelix evo. Go check it out.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2021
thank you for the fast answer. i can use hms without problems now( i downloaded a clean rom and patched this rom). i have patched the old files before ever without problems. i think its better i use by any updates a clean rom or?

linkandzelda

Years
thank you for the fast answer. i can use hms without problems now( i downloaded a clean rom and patched this rom). i have patched the old files before ever without problems. i think its better i use by any updates a clean rom or?

Every update should be applied to a CLEAN rom every time, just make sure to name it the same as your save so your .sav will continue to work.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
OMG! You're BACK! hahaha..
quick question though:
Are you gonna update your features? like add new moves, abilities, type(fairy), items, and maybe evolutions? I'd seriously like it if my sneasel could evolve :D

Back