• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Delusions of Originality

good night, sleep tight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Wow! Good to see this finally released; thanks for all of your hard work, everyone!

A question, though: it looks like the "Version 1 Scripts Patch" and "Version 1 PBS Patch" links in the OP both point to the same download. Is one of them supposed to be different?

Years
Wow! Good to see this finally released; thanks for all of your hard work, everyone!

A question, though: it looks like the "Version 1 Scripts Patch" and "Version 1 PBS Patch" links in the OP both point to the same download. Is one of them supposed to be different?

Yep, my bad. Copied over the wrong thing. Fixed now.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2017
It is not recognizing the new evolution methods in the PBS in version 1, causing it to crash on startup.

In version 2, battles crash with this error message:

---------------------------
Testing
Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `realName' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0x7e89450>

PokeBattle_DynamicUI:434:in `pbCommandMenuEx'

PokeBattle_Scene:2591:in `pbCommandMenu_old'

PokeBattle_DynamicScene:481:in `pbCommandMenu'

PokeBattle_Battle:2799:in `pbCommandMenu'

PokeBattle_Battle:2844:in `pbCommandPhase_old'

PokeBattle_Battle:2843:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battle:2931:in `pbCommandPhase_old'

PokeBattle_Battle:2832:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:2832:in `pbCommandPhase_old'

PokeBattle_DynamicBattle:215:in `pbCommandPhase'

Last edited:
Years
It is not recognizing the new evolution methods in the PBS in version 1, causing it to crash on startup.

In version 2, battles crash with this error message:

Testing
Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `realName' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0x7e89450>

PokeBattle_DynamicUI:434:in `pbCommandMenuEx'

PokeBattle_Scene:2591:in `pbCommandMenu_old'

PokeBattle_DynamicScene:481:in `pbCommandMenu'

PokeBattle_Battle:2799:in `pbCommandMenu'

PokeBattle_Battle:2844:in `pbCommandPhase_old'

PokeBattle_Battle:2843:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battle:2931:in `pbCommandPhase_old'

PokeBattle_Battle:2832:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:2832:in `pbCommandPhase_old'

PokeBattle_DynamicBattle:215:in `pbCommandPhase'

The first error is absolutely false. I just downloaded it to see, and this is not the case. If you are using your own pbs files, well I can't really help that.
The second error was fixed very shortly after release, try patching your script file before reporting bugs.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2017
Everything is completely updated with version 2. I even deleted everything and redownloaded it just now just in case, updates and all. Still get the same error message.

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
In Pokemon_MultipleForms, Manectric's internal name is misspelled.

Code:
MultipleForms.register(:[COLOR=Red]MANECTRIC[/COLOR],{
"getMegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
   next 1 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:MANECTITE)
   next
},
"getUnmegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
   next 0
},
"getMegaName"=>proc{|pokemon|
   next _INTL("Mega Manectric") if pokemon.form==1
   next
},
"getBaseStats"=>proc{|pokemon|
   next [70,75,80,135,135,80] if pokemon.form==1
   next
},
"ability"=>proc{|pokemon|
   next getID(PBAbilities,:INTIMIDATE) if pokemon.form==1
   next
},
"weight"=>proc{|pokemon|
   next 440 if pokemon.form==1
   next
},
"onSetForm"=>proc{|pokemon,form|
   pbSeenForm(pokemon)
}
})
EDIT: Also, the sprites of Mega L@tios, and the sprites of the alternate formes of Vivillion and the Flabebe line, were missing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
Spoiler:

How can i to resolve this error? Thanks for all!!!!

Years
Spoiler:

How can i to resolve this error? Thanks for all!!!!

That means the ability "DELTASTREAM" is not in your abilities.txt file. Meaning you didn't use the one that came with it.

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
This error appeared after Primal Kyogre fainted in battle. (Tested using "Test Wild Battle")

Spoiler:

Years
Fixed what I hope is the all the major bugs. Please download the newest version or use the patches. Thank you all for supporting this project.

Fixes:
Spoiler:

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
Found out at one point that when Rayquaza Mega Evolves, the text is different:
Spoiler:

The add-on currently still uses "{Pokemon}'s {Mega Stone} is reacting to {Player's} Mega Ring!" which looks odd on a Rayquaza with no held items but has the move Dragon Ascent, for example. It shows in Essentials as "Rayquaza's {empty string} is reacting to {Player}'s Mega Ring"

I've mentioned in this thread on how to display alternate text when a Pokemon Mega-evolves (such as in specific Trainers), but I didn't grab the internal name in that thread's example.

Years
Found out at one point that when Rayquaza Mega Evolves, the text is different:
Spoiler:

The add-on currently still uses "{Pokemon}'s {Mega Stone} is reacting to {Player's} Mega Ring!" which looks odd on a Rayquaza with no held items but has the move Dragon Ascent, for example. It shows in Essentials as "Rayquaza's {empty string} is reacting to {Player}'s Mega Ring"

I've mentioned in this thread on how to display alternate text when a Pokemon Mega-evolves (such as in specific Trainers), but I didn't grab the internal name in that thread's example.

a89aae99c104d219dcfac5b8a7a061f1.png

Are you sure? Because I definitely added this .
Special text for a pokemon mega evolving is definable in Multiple Forms now.

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
a89aae99c104d219dcfac5b8a7a061f1.png

Are you sure? Because I definitely added this .
Special text for a pokemon mega evolving is definable in Multiple Forms now.
Wow, didn't expect that one to be definable. I never noticed it. {XD}

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
I already defined it for Mega-Ray in the kit though, so if it's not happening for you I need to do more testing.
Just tested it, and it happened, thanks.

Also, I was wondering if the Trainer battle intro would be like this in future releases:
Spoiler:

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
This is purely a cosmetic change(one that you can get by playing around with the "vs. trainer" intro thing might I add), whereas the gen.6 project, as I understand it, is simply trying to emulate the battle mechanics of everything up the said generation.

But this is a project with 4th gen menus, a 5th gen battle scene, and 6th gen sprites! So I guess anything is possible lol
I'm not sure if it is the "VS trainer intro" that needs to be tweaked for that effect since that animation appears before the message "You are challenged by [Trainer Name]" appears. The 6th gen mugshots run after the fade-to-black animation while the VS Trainer intro is before the fade-to-black animation.

My best guess is that the only things replaced by mugshots/3d models in 6th gen are the sprites that are widely used on previous generations.

I tried implementing that once, but I got confused since some refer to "Trainer mugshots" as the ones similar to the mugshot sprites from the VS animations.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I downloaded this the other day and noticed that Mega Altaria is listed twice in the list of Mega's in the forms section, and it has Strong Jaw. Probably left in accidentally when copy/pasting the format from Mega Sharpedo or something. Just a small error I noticed.

Years
I downloaded this the other day and noticed that Mega Altaria is listed twice in the list of Mega's in the forms section, and it has Strong Jaw. Probably left in accidentally when copy/pasting the format from Mega Sharpedo or something. Just a small error I noticed.

This, along with several other bugs has been fixed recently. Please download the latest patch.

Back