• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
Quick question about the first in the trilogy of hacks. Which ROM base do I use? I know rescue rangers needs the MUGS intro one, while this one does not, but there is no information on what Reign of Legends needs. I tried both, and they both seem to work fine, but I do not want to run into a problem later on in the game from using the wrong ROM.

EDIT: Ok, does life of guardians ALWAYS keep doing that "analyzing, unpacking..." screen? Or does it stop after you save your game once. The weird thing is, I get a "success" on both of the "tests" performed on these screens, but then immediately on the screen afterwards, I get a "This hack may not be legit". Why is it doing that and how do I fix it?

The Ruby (U) worked fine with me for all the Ruby Destiny games...
Yeah, it does always do the "Analyzing, Unpacking, Success!" thing, but you can speed through it by holding the spacebar. If you read the "This hack may not be legit" screen, it tells you to click any button (The keys that work on VBA are Z, X, A, S , Backspace, Enter, up, down, left right)

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
No, I know how to get past the screen, it is just I want to know if that is supposed to happen. I have to ask you, did you use the pokemon Ruby hack base WITH the MUGS intro or without it?

EDIT: TC, I am glad you have used the far superior UPS file patching format. Could you possibly create a .ups patch for the previous two games? It would be quite helpful, so I make sure I am patching to the correct ROM versions.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
Hi I really want a scyther / scizor in this game but it seems that I couldnt find the location to get a scyther in the pokedex and for scizor I can never get to the correct tile on the map. Any ways to do so?

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
No, I know how to get past the screen, it is just I want to know if that is supposed to happen. I have to ask you, did you use the pokemon Ruby hack base WITH the MUGS intro or without it?

EDIT: TC, I am glad you have used the far superior UPS file patching format. Could you possibly create a .ups patch for the previous two games? It would be quite helpful, so I make sure I am patching to the correct ROM versions.

Oh. Sorry.
It is supposed to happen.
And I used the one without the MUGS intro.

Hi I really want a scyther / scizor in this game but it seems that I couldnt find the location to get a scyther in the pokedex and for scizor I can never get to the correct tile on the map. Any ways to do so?

You can find Scythers in the Safari Zone in Rainleaf Town. (Don't use the Abra because it's not in any of the other sections of the Safari...) Scyther will evolve in to Scizor at lv.25, by the way...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So I finally finished LoG in these previous 2 days and... this was... AWESOME!
DJG you've overdone yourself... each beta was better and better than the previous one and I totally enjoyed every part of the game.
It really deserved the HoTY award and I must say I did not play more enjoyable hack =)
Even though the difficulty after 8th symbol was HARDCORE xxxD
Kicking crap outta Richard 3 times without healing, Dragon Gods on 100 levels, Ruby Destiny like 6 times xD
Though Master 17 was not that hard at all... well especially because of all the Rare Candies that can be obtained :D :D

And I also I tried to find every possible TM and here they are in order in which I found them.
TMs - 37, 20, 36, 31, 38, 10, 19 (2 times => Andrew should give out Toxic), 29, 17, --3,13,19,24,35 for sale--, 45, 01, 16, 26, 33, 46, 08, 07, 05, 47, 25, 14, 22, 29, 40, 30, 04

Once again, thank you for the most enjoyable hacks, DJG, it's really sad to see Ruby Destiny ending since they are hacks that are worth remembering and will always be.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
Anyone with any idea where the move tutor is? I had a look at the previous posts and it says that it is at boulder city but thats the name rater.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
Anyone with any idea where the move tutor is? I had a look at the previous posts and it says that it is at boulder city but thats the name rater.

In a house on Soothe Path... The Move Deleter, in case you ever need it, is in a house in Silkwind Town...

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2022
can someone pls tell me how to get horsea? and how to evolve it into kingdra? amazing hack btw =)

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
can someone pls tell me how to get horsea? and how to evolve it into kingdra? amazing hack btw =)

Horsea is only available by fishing. However, since Jagold hasn't done the fishing sprites, we cannot fish for the time being. As I stated in a previous post, Horsea now evolves at lv.25. Seadra now evolves at lv.35...

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
So if I am reading your post correctly, then does that mean we still have a few more updates to go before the hack is complete?

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
So if I am reading your post correctly, then does that mean we still have a few more updates to go before the hack is complete?

Pretty much. The main features all work and everything, Jagold just needs to fix a few glitches and add a bit more of Gento, and stuff like that for it to be completely complete. The fishing rod may or may not return, depending on whether he has enough time...

Years
Horsea is only available by fishing. However, since Jagold hasn't done the fishing sprites, we cannot fish for the time being. As I stated in a previous post, Horsea now evolves at lv.25. Seadra now evolves at lv.35...
You are wrong there fello . Its also available by surfing.. I found many when i was heading to Mount Oren as well as at the place where Rintah Academy was destroyed...

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
You are wrong there fello . Its also available by surfing.. I found many when i was heading to Mount Oren as well as at the place where Rintah Academy was destroyed...

Really? I didn't know that.
By Mount Oren, do you mean Mount Krystal, and the Hevah Academy?

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Time to get back to playing LoG after a long break :)
Horsea can be caught during the water event in the city south of Silkwind. I forgot the name of that city thou... Anyways, I was able to catch mine. Right now I'm trying to get Staryu. As for evolutions - do pokemon such as Growlithe (evo stone dependant) are able to evolve via leveling up or do they evolve only by using a stone? Is Occultales the final form of Ninetales or is it a separate pokemon?

Is the PokeNav able to store only 31 trainer numbers? I can't register all the people willing to fight me :( It would also be nice to have a map pointer to a specific trainer because they are well hidden sometimes...

Destine when will you implement evolution stones other than lightning and water in the game? Could you also implement Poke Marts back in? I've had the mart/ evo stone seller glitch for quite a while now (since beta 9) and it's still not fiex. Healing items can be bought from the seller in Hevah League but I can't get flare/sun/moon stones anywhere else :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
How do I get my first fragment? I talked to Chaomega and it did not give me 1.

Also, I talked to Rayquaza and it did not battle me.

I have Chaomega, Giratina, Deazone and Devihel in possession already.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
Time to get back to playing LoG after a long break :)
Horsea can be caught during the water event in the city south of Silkwind. I forgot the name of that city thou... Anyways, I was able to catch mine. Right now I'm trying to get Staryu. As for evolutions - do pokemon such as Growlithe (evo stone dependant) are able to evolve via leveling up or do they evolve only by using a stone? Is Occultales the final form of Ninetales or is it a separate pokemon?

Is the PokeNav able to store only 31 trainer numbers? I can't register all the people willing to fight me :( It would also be nice to have a map pointer to a specific trainer because they are well hidden sometimes...

Destine when will you implement evolution stones other than lightning and water in the game? Could you also implement Poke Marts back in? I've had the mart/ evo stone seller glitch for quite a while now (since beta 9) and it's still not fixed. Healing items can be bought from the seller in Hevah League but I can't get fire/sun/moon stones anywhere else :(
Alright...Growlithe now evolves at lv.32...
You can get the stones from the guy in Rainbow City. Moon Stones are not available....The mart glitch has been appearing frequently and Jagold doesn't know what's causing it yet. Unfortuatley, adding marts again won't do anything to fix the problem...

How do I get my first fragment? I talked to Chaomega and it did not give me 1.

Also, I talked to Rayquaza and it did not battle me.

I have Chaomega, Giratina, Deazone and Devihel in possession already.

Go to Krystal Mountain and get Angeallen first...Then you can speak to Rayquaza. After that, bring all four of the Dragon Gods to Chaomega, and you should be able to initiate the Ruby Destiny "quest"...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back