• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Fondest Kalos memory

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Memory girl in Anistar City got me thinking: what's your best memory of your adventures in Kalos? What was the moment or moments that you liked the most as you went through France Kalos? If you have one at all.

I have this weird feeling like this thread has been done before

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Definitely getting all my Pokemon from Gen 4 and 5 into the game. It just felt to awesome to be able to battle with my Torterra again, and seeing all of my favorite Pokemon in 3D.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Probably all the neat friendly interludes. It was nice having such a big gaggle of rivals with their different things going on, and Calem/Serena was good practice for ORAS's Brendan/May, who is probably the best character that GF has written to date.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Probably all the neat friendly interludes. It was nice having such a big gaggle of rivals with their different things going on, and Calem/Serena was good practice for ORAS's Brendan/May, who is probably the best character that GF has written to date.

Yeah it was a nice touch being part of a larger group sent out into the world rather than the usual you + rival.

For me the character customisation was the best memory, I loved being able to change how I looked so not the cookie cutter two graphics you see in OR/AS battles all the time. Im really hoping they do a sequel to X/Y with the improvements of ORAS but the nice bits of X/Y as that'd then be an amazing game.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What I had enjoyed most while playing through XY for first time is finally gaining access to player-customization feature.

I've been wanting to see such a thing be introduced into this series for a very, very long time, and as I've stated in other threads before, it was sort of a dream come true to see this happen at last. When I'd first gotten my hands on it, I had spent a decent amount of time messing around with options and whatnot, all of which were fun; it's great.

Though, it is slightly disappointing to not see this feature make it into Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, at least in some fuller way. Hopefully, this is just a temporary thing (as May and Brendan are already-established characters, I could see why they would restrict us from personalizing them), and they will bring it back in future title releases.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
What I had enjoyed most while playing through XY for first time is finally gaining access to player-customization feature.

I've been wanting to see such a thing be introduced into this series for a very, very long time, and as I've stated in other threads before, it was sort of a dream come true to see this happen at last. When I'd first gotten my hands on it, I had spent a decent amount of time messing around with options and whatnot, all of which were fun; it's great.

Though, it is slightly disappointing to not see this feature make it into Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, at least in some fuller way. Hopefully, this is just a temporary thing (as May and Brendan are already-established characters, I could see why they would restrict us from personalizing them), and they will bring it back in future title releases.

This right here. Customisation was something I've wanted for a long time, and when X/Y finally brought it by, I was quite happy. In both the saves I've made, (both female characters, since the males don't get much choice in clothing) I've bought just about every article of clothing. I love how little Yuki looks in my game! ♥

I feel as if trainer customisation was the thing that made X/Y what it is...besides the 3D, of course.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Character customizations!
Its new its wonderful its never been done before i mean comeon!
Plus i like to control how my character looks with blonde hair for once i pick my clothing and how people view me. Thats also wat i didnt like about Oras and possible future gens. But for Kalos i found that so cool although i didnt like that they didnt have mega loads i still like the variety they had and that i got to pick it was just fun for me i guess :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
These games were really different from the rest of them, aside from the 3D and all that. I also loved the character development between the player and the group of friends. What I also admired the most was exploring Lumiose City. It's one of my favorite cities in Kalos, where you can achieve a certain point of style!

Years
My fondest memory was trying out Pokemon Amie for the first time. The feature to pet and directly interact with your Pokémon immediately won my heart! Besides that I also really liked character customization, really too bad they made it an exclusive feature for XY, customization and Super Secret Bases would have been awesome together.

Years
It's really tough to think of a single fondest memory, so I'll list a few. xD

1. The updated graphics was the first thing you noticed which was amazing.
2. When you get to Lumiose City and you get another starter. The nostalgia was oozing out of me. :)
3. When you get exposed to mega evolution for the first time and how epic it is.
4. Changing clothes, hair styles/colors, and eye color. :)
5. When Xarneus appeared like a total bad ass.

I think that's it for me. :P

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
One of my favourite moments was getting to Cyllage City, seeing there was a bike shop and a gym in the City. The gap between the first and second gyms in Kalos was so huge I was beginning to think I'd made a mistake and accidentally skipped over a gym, but low and behold, when finally getting to Cyllage, getting the bike and entering Grant's amazing gym with the Rock Climbing and the waterfall in the background, there's just a real feeling of the game starting here. Before that there were so many little cutscenes and interludes at every corner, which is fine as it sets everything up, but when you finally make it to Cyllage, it feels like your adventure starts now.

Years
I really liked the PSS. It made communication between players a lot simpler and made me feel like I was adventuring through the region with my friends. Lots of good trades and battles were had.

Lots of fun memories from strangers too. One of the funniest things was seeing my Beedrill defeat lots of kids' Xerneas with Poison Jab, or my Pachirisu defeating their Yveltals.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Finally getting my phantump on my play through of X when the games came out. Also for how many pokemon are actually in the region. And the PSS

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Catching a Pokémon, then spending a few hours in Mon-Amie to max out its Affection then curb-stomping my way through the rest of the game with my over leveled team

Hello, Diantha, with your level 60 pokemon, meet my level 80 Charizard, Lucario, Espeon, Greninja, Gogoat and Xerneas

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
For me it was that cutscene when Yveltal finally awakens. It was so cool (and I was glad that it shows your character in it too, customizations and all), I watched it several times....partly because I was also soft-resetting. I was also fond of the whole Looker Bureau thing.

And beating Super Singles for the first time was nice too.

Years
It was definitely the 3D graphics. Seeing the way the Pokemon looked made them feel so much more alive now compared to the earlier sprite-based games.

There was also the trainer customization. I didn't use it much in the main story (I liked Serena's design just as she was) but in the post-game I did at least abuse it fairly often, and I ended up buying all the female clothing items so I'm able to do a lot of combinations with them. It was kinda sad that male players got shafted, but girls are more fashionable and that's probably what made the female players benefit.

Last up, the scene where Xerneas/Yveltal is encountered... seriously I found that extremely epic I tell ya.

Years
The excitement of just starting the game, yeah. I remember being so anxious to get that female Chespin and wishing it would hurry up already so I could get started. Immersing myself in the awesome new 3D graphics was just so fun - I loved the feel of being new to the game (prior to getting badge 3). Ahhh memories.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2019
My fondest memory of Kalos is getting my Chespin! I swear I will never like a starter more than my previous one, but it never fails I guess lol. I also really enjoyed Amie, just because it made raising Pokemon feel more multidimensional. I hope they improve Amie functionality and that it plays a bigger role in the game, but not a defining role. Was also a huge fan of character customization, but still a bit disappointed in its limitations, especially not being able to remove my freaking hat.

I also think it is worthwhile to mention how much I appreciated the layout of the game world and not requiring an HM slave to get things done. I'd really like to see future titles imitate this and make it so HMs are not required to get around. Ideally, just make HMs what they are moves your Pokemon knows that are HIDDEN. So you could just teach your HMs to your regular team and not have to worry about using them for a normal slot.

Back