• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I think Chespin will evolve, just later on. I think that is the reason it eats so much. Because it gets bigger in the 2nd stage. As for it evolving fully, I don't know about that. But I am pretty sure it will evolve to at least Quilladin, as I can still see it being pretty funny as one.

We know Luxio will evolve soon as well. That might happen in the episode "Protect the Future of Science! The Labyrinth of Electricity!"

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I think Chespin will evolve, just later on. I think that is the reason it eats so much. Because it gets bigger in the 2nd stage. As for it evolving fully, I don't know about that. But I am pretty sure it will evolve to at least Quilladin, as I can still see it being pretty funny as one.

We know Luxio will evolve soon as well. That might happen in the episode "Protect the Future of Science! The Labyrinth of Electricity!"

It does based on the trailer. Sligoo probably evolves in the tierno episode.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
So tierno is coming back and has Raichu. Awesome! Pikachu/Raichu rivalry again!! If Raichu is Tiernos.

Tierno might become my favorite rival for Ash.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Tierno also owns Politoed,Ludicolo and Hitmontop as well. So raichu and his wartortle make a full team.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
tumblr_nk2bhyqKII1r2iinvo2_540.png

Just look at that ! Its like Snivy is back.
Screw Grass type , Why doesn't Ash catch that ?
Off course , It would have cool if Ash catch an Eternal Flower Florges Since it can learn the strongest Fairy type attack ''Light of Ruin''.

Apparently the preview showed it was raining when Goomy did the rapid transition to Goodra. It was only shown as a Sliggoo for a few seconds before becoming Goodra.

Also, given that Serena's Fennekin will be evolving into Braixen soon, I do wonder if this means that Clemont's Chespin will be the starter that won't evolve. Because Chespin is the comic relief of the main cast's Kalos starters, and usually in most cases the comic relief starter never evolved. But then again in Hoenn all of the starters on the main cast evolved at least once, so who knows.

In the opening , Valerie was using Spritzee !
Why was she using Spritzee ? She doesn't even have a Spritzee in the game So why she using it in the Opening Instate of Sylveon.
Don't tell me , She going to use Spritzee over Sylveon ! Why she going ditch her main pokemon for Spritzee.
Last time that happen when Ash caught Hawlucha which suppose to be Korrina main pokemon in Gym.
Its not like Ash going to catch a Sylveon !!!
However , Another theory is that Beating Sylveon is a ''Taboo'' in Anime .
But Doesn't Writer understand that their ''Taboo'' is Ruining this Show.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
tumblr_nk2bhyqKII1r2iinvo2_540.png

Just look at that ! Its like Snivy is back.
Screw Grass type , Why doesn't Ash catch that ?
Off course , It would have cool if Ash catch an Eternal Flower Florges Since it can learn the strongest Fairy type attack ''Light of Ruin''.

In the opening , Valerie was using Spritzee !
Why was she using Spritzee ? She doesn't even have a Spritzee in the game So why she using it in the Opening Instate of Sylveon.
Don't tell me , She going to use Spritzee over Sylveon ! Why she going ditch her main pokemon for Spritzee.
Last time that happen when Ash caught Hawlucha which suppose to be Korrina main pokemon in Gym.
Its not like Ash going to catch a Sylveon !!!
However , Another theory is that Beating Sylveon is a ''Taboo'' in Anime .
But Doesn't Writer understand that their ''Taboo'' is Ruining this Show.
What episode has florges? And she may still have slyveon. Maybe it's like The electric leader in unova, who's tynamo wreckee everyone but wasn't her leader.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Except Elesa had 2 Emolga So writer replace one of them with Tynamo ! But Valerre has 3 great pokemon So she doesn't need a Spritzee .
And Florges appear here--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbqOOKPi0UI
True, I still think ot may be an odd coincidence. I hope it's not her leae. I'd rather mawile or sylveon. And who knows ash might actually get slyveon which be cool. I want him to own one eeveelution.And thanks for the video link.Edit 2: Watched the trailer, some interesting thinks. Tierno ain't to bright, serena tets more practice. Sycamore either finds a mega garchomp or maybe his evolves without a ring? Unless he got one. Another crazy clemont invention. Also first time( i believe) we ever see wild wobuffets. That episode should be interesting, it looks like someone is leaving the wobuffet there but it's not jessie. And florges seems to be woned by someone. While i doubt it, maybe it's valerie's? And the last scene, shows goodra sleeping with the others pokemon. Except a wooper is there. So wooper capture soon?

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well we finally have confirmation that Serena will have Braxien due to the opening being updated. And we have confirmation about Clemont getting Luxray. I know we have known this for a while, but never had completely official confirmation. However, we need to start looking at that cake as it has been right 100%. There were still a few things we didn't know of yet. There may be more info in it. I think there was 1 area of the picture we were not 100% sure about.

Goomey evolved and will evolve again probably near the 6th gym. I still worry that they will drop Goodra not long after it evolves so it can be the 'guardian' of its home land where ever that may be. Similar to what they did to Pidgeot. I really hope Goodra stay though.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Well we finally have confirmation that Serena will have Braxien due to the opening being updated. And we have confirmation about Clemont getting Luxray. I know we have known this for a while, but never had completely official confirmation. However, we need to start looking at that cake as it has been right 100%. There were still a few things we didn't know of yet. There may be more info in it. I think there was 1 area of the picture we were not 100% sure about.

Goomey evolved and will evolve again probably near the 6th gym. I still worry that they will drop Goodra not long after it evolves so it can be the 'guardian' of its home land where ever that may be. Similar to what they did to Pidgeot. I really hope Goodra stay though.
I doubt something like goodra will be left somewhere, it be a bad move. And the only thing i see we are missing in the cake is wooper, which I bet will be bonnie's

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Could you tell me where exactly the wooper is? I remember everyone talking about it, but don't think I ever actually looked.

I think Wooper would be better for Serena, although I could see Bonnie liking it a lot and getting her brother to catch it. But I think Dedenne is her pokemon. I do like how she is battling with it some though.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
Fanom, if you could stop talking like you know everything, that would be great.
Seriously, all you say is "writer will do this" "writer wants this" "writer must do this".
You don't know what they want or will do. You are not one of them.
Also, no matter what Ash catches or does, you have to disagree. Seriously, all you do is
1. Act like you know what the writers want and will do.
2. Complain.
3. Repeatedly say that Ash should get Litleo. Like dude, we saw it, do you really have to repeat it a hundred times?
So stop talking like you know everything, cause it's annoying.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Could you tell me where exactly the wooper is? I remember everyone talking about it, but don't think I ever actually looked.

I think Wooper would be better for Serena, although I could see Bonnie liking it a lot and getting her brother to catch it. But I think Dedenne is her pokemon. I do like how she is battling with it some though.
it's in a trailer linked a few pages back. And the new movie looks awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E4CXSWG2oU

It looks like clemont gets noibat, serena a torchic and ash, his snorlax again.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
A lot of these pokemon may just be wild pokemon. I don't think Serena will get Torchic, I can see her catching a Treecko over Torchic. I think all of the pokemon who don't belong to the main characters are just wild pokemon who usually come into the shorts.

I still wonder what pokemon Ash has, that Serena will get. All of the game counterparts of Ash always get at least one pokemon Ash has. This also includes Iris now, just not a starter. Misty is the only one who does not have a pokemon that Ash has.

May has caught both a Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and a Munchlax. Ash has caught these and a Snorlax.
Dawn caught a Cyndaquil, which now has evolved into a Quilava, matching Ash's Quilava.
Iris has caught a Gible matching Ash's Gible.

Serena still has plenty of room, and I have a feeling she will at least get five pokemon. There was a Treecko in a calendar with most of the main characters which involved a Treecko, but we now have confirmation that a new character or possibly a rival who seems to become a major part of the anime has a Treecko.

The reason I say Treecko is because of this.
May 1st and 3rd Gens. (Squirtle/Bulbasaur/Munchlax.)
Dawn 2nd and 4th Gens (Cyndaquil)
Serena 3rd and 6th Gens (Treecko?)

All of these combinations had a remake during the current gens that they are from. However, she could possibly catch a 4th or 5th gen starter instead. Because Ash only caught 1 starter in Hoenn. But 2 and 3 in 5th and 5th. She could also catch a Snorunt, but instead of a Glalie, it would evolve into a Froslass, as we are about to hit a massive amount of cold and snowy episodes after the 6th gym. And I think A Froslass may be perfect for her, which, kinda looks like the clothing she now wears, slightly.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
How do you know who is which?
I mean...Snorlax being Ash's make sense, but how do you know Noibat is Clemont's and Torchic Serena's?
Their placing is grouped with their respective trainers pokemon. As for why they aren't wild(imo), This is all the goup's pokemon. Unlike the avalugg short we know about which featured wild pokemon. That clip at the end is actually from the next movie's other short it which will focus on hoopa's backstory. We shall see though. Avalugg's short that had wild pokemon(it seemed)on the poster depicts them elsewhere, however here they are all in a grassy area. Just speculation from me but who knows if it's right or wrong.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Snorlax coming back would be an interesting choice, though I wonder if that is what they're actually going to do. I mean... why Snorlax? He has so many other Pokemon to choose after all.

As for the Torchic being Serena's though itdoes matches the fact the whole '3rd and 6th' gen iceman said above. So I could see it being Torchic. And, as we've seen with May's it would be a good performer Pokemon. Though whether she needs two Fire Pokemon makes it a bit questionable?

I can totally see Clemont with a Noibat though Clemont pls get Noibat. And also this is the second time Goodra is missing I am not happy and quite unsettled about this. :(

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
And also this is the second time Goodra is missing I am not happy and quite unsettled about this. :(

This is what has been worrying me as well, but Chespin is also missing that I can tell at least, but is on the cover. All of Ash's pokemon are there, but why not Goodra? Yet we have seem Luxray and Braxien.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
Snorlax coming back would be an interesting choice, though I wonder if that is what they're actually going to do. I mean... why Snorlax? He has so many other Pokemon to choose after all.

As for the Torchic being Serena's though itdoes matches the fact the whole '3rd and 6th' gen iceman said above. So I could see it being Torchic. And, as we've seen with May's it would be a good performer Pokemon. Though whether she needs two Fire Pokemon makes it a bit questionable?

I can totally see Clemont with a Noibat though Clemont pls get Noibat. And also this is the second time Goodra is missing I am not happy and quite unsettled about this. :(

Well, she's not into battling, so it's not that big of a deal if she has 2 fire types.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Fanom, if you could stop talking like you know everything, that would be great.
Seriously, all you say is "writer will do this" "writer wants this" "writer must do this".
You don't know what they want or will do. You are not one of them.
Also, no matter what Ash catches or does, you have to disagree. Seriously, all you do is
1. Act like you know what the writers want and will do.
2. Complain.
3. Repeatedly say that Ash should get Litleo. Like dude, we saw it, do you really have to repeat it a hundred times?
So stop talking like you know everything, cause it's annoying.

Oh , So I should praise Writers when they does something stupid or keep quite ---

--- Ash being inferior to a total Rookie : Awesome
---Ash losing Unova League to an idiot like Cameron in 6 vs 5 battle : Best League ever
---Ash releasing Goodra : Best decision /

This is what you want to me to say huh.
Unfortunately , I'm here expressing my Opinion even if they goes against Writers.
And Ash releasing Goodra is the most stupid ass thing any Writer would do!
And If Writer tries Stupid idea then I can say its a stupid idea and criticize the Writers for that.
Ash finally gets a Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon specially after Iris gets a Free Dragonite that She is still keeping.
For What ? Because its too strong or Big.
Goodra is by far the weakest Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon! Its not near as destructive as other Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon.
While Dragonite is more destructive and bigger as Goodra. Also Dragonite flies faster then sound and capable of circling the globe in 16 hour.
Which mean , Iris can visit Kalo anytime she want by riding Dragonite.
So , Iris should also release Dragonite but instate she get to keep it .
So , Ash release Goodra in upcoming episode even after Iris keeping Dragonite then I have the right to express my negative opinion over it .
Also , Bonnie should keep anymore Pokemon after Dedene ! Max didn't got any Pokemon to keep.
By the way , What happened to Gothita from the Movie poster? It didn't appear in the trailer.

Back