• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Invincible and Legendary~ *Dragon-Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Username: Targaryen13
Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: Yes, Lord Targaryen haha jk my username
Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Mega Latios
Reason for joining club: Im in love with dragon types and they are my favorite typeXD
Answer to any one of the current topics:

Which secondary typing is your most favorite or would be your favorite if paired with dragon type?
Steel, with the dawn of Fairy threats, the steel type addition would be nice to balance it :P

Welcome to the club Targaryen!
Hehe mega Latios quite the cool pokemon eh? Haha i must say i like that they got the Megas although im still alittle lost on why they look the exact same as eachother o.o
Nice jk nickname haha XD
Steel is a great answer i think that would be good im trying to think if we have any but i cant think of any only weaknesses would be ground, fighting, and umm wow is that it? Plus if it had levitate like many dragons do that would be an awesome poke right there!

Which secondary typing is your most favorite or would be your favorite if paired with dragon type?

I have to say I do like the Dragon/Poison-type, as it gives it coverage against those nasty Fairy-types. Dragon/Steel for the same reason, although if we had another one aside from Dialga then that would make me pretty happy.

As for Dragon/Fairy, there's one I really like, even if Dragon-type coverage is redundant alongside the Fairy-type attacks unless you're running a mixed set with, say, physical moves and Draco Meteor. Mega Altaria is also one of two Pokémon to be weak to one of its types and immune to the other (the other being the Electric/Ground Stunfisk).

Ya i still feel we need another dragon and poison i really like the idea of another dragon and steel aside from dialga it would be a really good typing! And hehe mega altaria so cute and deadly its really my fav :)

Member list is also updated glad to have you in the club Targaryen!

Years
Welcome to the club Targaryen!
Hehe mega Latios quite the cool pokemon eh? Haha i must say i like that they got the Megas although im still alittle lost on why they look the exact same as eachother o.o
Nice jk nickname haha XD
Steel is a great answer i think that would be good im trying to think if we have any but i cant think of any only weaknesses would be ground, fighting, and umm wow is that it? Plus if it had levitate like many dragons do that would be an awesome poke right there!

Ya i still feel we need another dragon and poison i really like the idea of another dragon and steel aside from dialga it would be a really good typing! And hehe mega altaria so cute and deadly its really my fav :)

Member list is also updated glad to have you in the club Targaryen!

Yeah, I wish they maintained they original colors -_- meh :P A steel dragon with levitate would be a monster in the metagame XD

Dedenne1

Years
Comeon guys this is a pretty good topic lets get some more answers rolling we only have 2 answers well along with mine but lets get this club active again!

Oh here's the topic if u cant see it ^_^

Years
Ah, yes... I already talked about why I like Dragon/Fairy, Dragon/Poison and Dragon/Steel, all three of those types are ones that benefit it well and help against specific weaknesses of its or make it more versatile.

Dedenne1

Years
Alright well to maybe freshen stuff up a bit here i thought we'd have a pokemon of the week bimonthly though to keep pokes available although i dont know if dragon trainer will keep it if and when he comes back. Ok so POTW
dunub.jpg

Noivern!
Dex Description: Noivern, The Sound Wave Pokémon. They fly around on moonless nights and attack careless prey. Nothing can beat them in a battle in the dark. The ultrasonic waves it emits from its ears can reduce a large boulder to pebbles. It swoops out of the dark to attack.

Noivern can be quite the scary pokemon especially with Boomburst and dragon pulse and i would not want to encounter him in a dark area!

Ok so possible questions?

Have you ever used Noivern competitively or ingame?

How is Noivern different from other flying and dragon types?

What did you think when he was first linked as a new pokemon?

Whats your thoughts on his overall design and dex description?

Other thoughts?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Noviern's not a Dragon type I've ever really used. Not terribly fond of it's design (it's more bat than dragon) and all it's really got going for it is its Speed and Boomburst. Also Flying/Dragon is kinda boring. I don't hate it but it's kinda meh for me personally.

Years
Noivern? Well, I have not used one in-game (at least not before post-game) or competitively, but I do have a shiny Noivern that I bred from a Noibat using the Masuda Method. But it does have nice Speed over the pseudo-legendary Dragon/Flying-types, although it does need some sort of move to boost its Special stats so it can use those to better effect.

Dedenne1

Years
Noviern's not a Dragon type I've ever really used. Not terribly fond of it's design (it's more bat than dragon) and all it's really got going for it is its Speed and Boomburst. Also Flying/Dragon is kinda boring. I don't hate it but it's kinda meh for me personally.
Hmmm i myself have never used it although i agree i do see him more of a bat than a dragon but i do wish there were less dragon and flying types sometimes. :/

Noivern? Well, I have not used one in-game (at least not before post-game) or competitively, but I do have a shiny Noivern that I bred from a Noibat using the Masuda Method. But it does have nice Speed over the pseudo-legendary Dragon/Flying-types, although it does need some sort of move to boost its Special stats so it can use those to better effect.

Same but i do wanna try it he is quite popular with many people and it has wrecked several of my teams :o

True its speed is quite amazing in speed its special stats are decent as well and he has a large move pool but i do think he could be better maybe he would do better if he wasnt a dragon and flying he could just be a pure flying type or pure flying and normal just due to the high amount of weaknesses. Also what ive noticed is thanks to its speed this guy outruns most other dragon and can take them out with ease.

Now comeon people there cant only be 2 answers the next POTW is this week! Lets get some more opinions here!

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years

Never got the chance to, but I'm curious about it.

Definitely design, it's got a pretty unique color combo and its ears are like nothing I've ever seen on a Pokémon.

No idea, probably just some kind of bat :P

Both are very unique and pretty cool concepts.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Username: NinjaAiden
Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: Just Aiden is fine :3
Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Salamence. Particularly my shiny Salamence.
Reason for JOINING club: Because DRAGONS. They're the best type, and outside of Pokémon are also insanely awesome. I've enjoyed many books, series, anime and so on with dragons as a part of them. They're just awesome!

I would like to at some point, but as of yet no, I haven't. I have yet to obtain one.

I would agree that Noivern's design is definitely it's most distinguishing point. It's ears are the most defining feature of its design... I just seem to always think they are its eyes for some reason, and then it looks weird.

I thought he was going to be the Golbat of X/Y. I'm glad he wasn't, and is the badass dragon he seems to be.

I think it is a very interesting Pokémon, that has some very interesting features about it. A dragon based around sound and speed over power is a great concept I think, and is a fresh idea from the powerhouses that dragons have come to be.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Dedene my friend you have done a great job with the place! I have been away for a really long time from posting (except an occasional one or two here). But fear not! I'm back and it's permanent! I like the new bimonthly Pokemon feature idea. It's unique and gives people a topic to discuss however, I will have to think about the time limit as two months is quite a long time. Thank you for the great idea though, I really appreciate it :D

I haven't played the latest 3DS games and I kind of like stuff only till Gen III so, sorry I haven't.

The sprite is most certainly unique, reminds me of the monkey from 'The Lion King'. That's all I can say.

It does look like a dragon with bat-like abilities, I'll give it that.

The dex description makes it appear as a really formidable foe in the darkness. Be sure to watch your sixes everyone!

Other thoughts?

Username: NinjaAiden
Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: Just Aiden is fine :3
Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Salamence. Particularly my shiny Salamence.
Reason for JOINING club: Because DRAGONS. They're the best type, and outside of Pokémon are also insanely awesome. I've enjoyed many books, series, anime and so on with dragons as a part of them. They're just awesome!

I would like to at some point, but as of yet no, I haven't. I have yet to obtain one.

I would agree that Noivern's design is definitely it's most distinguishing point. It's ears are the most defining feature of its design... I just seem to always think they are its eyes for some reason, and then it looks weird.

I thought he was going to be the Golbat of X/Y. I'm glad he wasn't, and is the badass dragon he seems to be.

I think it is a very interesting Pokémon, that has some very interesting features about it. A dragon based around sound and speed over power is a great concept I think, and is a fresh idea from the powerhouses that dragons have come to be.
Welcome to the club Aiden! You love Dragons? That's SUUUPER! Because this club is dedicated to them and all of the members here are crazy about all Dragon Pokemon!
You have a shiny Salamence? Wow, that's remarkable. I love the Pokemon Salamence too. It's appearance says Dragon all over. Hope you enjoy here! :)

Years
I really want to join! Please let me in, Dragons are my favorite.
Username: ComicFanatic
Nickname: DRAGON RULER OF LIFE!!!!!, nah, just Comic.
Favorite Dragon: I can't decide!! Probably Charizard or Dragonite, but all dragons are my favorite, there all equal like this:
Favorite Pokémon
5: Tyranitar
4: Metagross
3: Krookodile
2: Ampharos
1: EVERY DRAGON IN THE WORLD RIGHT HERE
Dragons!!
Reason for joining: I love Dragons!!!!!
I can't answer to the current topic since I have no Gen 6 games and never used a Noivern.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
I really want to join! Please let me in, Dragons are my favorite.
Username: ComicFanatic
Nickname: DRAGON RULER OF LIFE!!!!!, nah, just Comic.
Favorite Dragon: I can't decide!! Probably Charizard or Dragonite, but all dragons are my favorite, there all equal like this:
Favorite Pokémon
5: Tyranitar
4: Metagross
3: Krookodile
2: Ampharos
1: EVERY DRAGON IN THE WORLD RIGHT HERE
Dragons!!
Reason for joining: I love Dragons!!!!!
I can't answer to the current topic since I have no Gen 6 games and never used a Noivern.

Welcome to the club Comic. Nice to see you here so soon after your joining, hope you find this place really interesting! Tyranitar is just badass! It's one awesome pokemon and so is Metagross! My personal favorite though is Altaria!
Spoiler:

Years
*Comic recieves Bike Voucher*
*Comic places it in Key Items Pocket*
I agree, there should be a club dedicated to Altaria. I completely forgot about it, it got me through Hoenn by itself.
Thanks for letting me in!

Circuit

Years
Altaria is a lovely Pokémon, but I never understood its dragon typing. I does add a bit of diversity to the dragon typing however, and as such gains my approval :)

Years
I understand it's typing, the best Pokémon ever has to be a dragon, therefore Altaria is a Dragon. Plus, everyone knows that Dragons don't have wings, they have clouds instead.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Like, I know right. Everyone knows wings made of meat and bones are so overrated. Clouds is the new thing. Everything with wings is awesome! Even KFC!

So, even though I know the topic is about Noivern it doesn't seem really popular. How about I open up a new one?
(Previous Topics remain open to discussion)
What are your opinions on the sixth generation Dragon type Pokemon?
I would simply like to know your opinion on the following:

1. Best Dragon type Pokemon.
2. Why it's the best.
3. What is it's best move.
4. One improvement you'd like to make.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
We got a couple of cool Dragon types in Gen 6 like Goodra and Tyrantrum. I like Tyrantrum a lot. Rock/Dragon is a cool typing, and it even gets Rock Head+Head Smash. It could use a little more Speed and even Attack though (despite having base 121 Attack).

Circuit

Years
My favourite from Gen VI would have to be Noivern lmao simply because it looks the best, and is the strongest from Gen VI (imo). It has the speed to outpace the others, and is generally an interesting concept. I don't know its moveset, so can't say its best move, but probably something like Draco Meteor. An improvement? Make it so that it's as strong as Garchomp and Mega Salamence. Haha, easy

Years
I haven't played Gen VI but I agree with Zekrom. Tyrantum has cool typing, cool moves, and it is a dinosaur. If you ask how it could be better, it should have
CLOUD WINGS
so it could fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back