• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most memorable place in Johto (and Kanto)?

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
hmm I guess I just get nostalgia feels when I play through this region so my answers are kind of bias.

I do admit the pathway to the bell tower was very pleasant so that was a nice addition.

I've always enjoyed the National Park pretty much for the bug contest. Also I spent a lot of time playing at the pokeathlon dome.

I liked the safari zone and the path to get there. Mainly because that region is in need for more trainers to face.

This is a region that didn't have any towns/cities that stood out to me too much. I enjoy Goldenrod because of the extra things there to do, but sometimes it seems more than it really is.

I like the face lift that it did to the Kanto region the most tehehe

Grotesque

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 22, 2014
Radio Tower because you fight every Team Rocket executive here, disband them and get loads of good items as a reward, including the Silver Wing/Rainbow Wing.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I would say olivine city, cause I like places with seashore and lighthouse .

Years
That new route (47 I think it was) because cliffs and Gen. 3 legendary Pokemon along with spectacular music go together well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Goldenrod City. It's so nostalgic for me. I love it. It's a great design for a city, with a lot to do in it. (Monorail to Kanto, a GYM, underground Rocket stuff, DayCare nearby, etc)

I'd live there if I could.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2018
Bellchime Trail, it was pretty and just about the only thing that felt like it had any variation. I loved the games, and the art style, but the old regions didn't really have much to offer - most likely due to being based on games that were limited to what the older systems were capable of.
If I had to pick something I'd have to say Violet City - the music was charming and the colours rather nice. Kanto didn't really leave much of an impression upon me at all, removing Cinnabar Island which was the only place in the region I even remotely cared for.

I sound so critical, but I really did love HGSS - not that you'd be able to tell from this response.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
Besides the actual regions themselves, I loved Dragon's Den. It was pretty awesome and had one of my favorite dragon pokemon there. I also liked Bell Tower. It was pretty cool and fun to explore. :3

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Fuscia City, just beside the ledge next to the gym and bill's grandparents' house.
The only reason I say this: the first Johto game I played and finished was Silver and that was a rom (because I can't bring myself to buy a real gen II game but I just ordered SS from Amazon) and that was the last place I saved before the tablet broke and deleted the emulator. V.V

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
For me its Olivine City. I think its a beautiful port town. Plus, as we later learned in BW2, it was also the birthtown of one of the other pokemon Protagonists: May/Brendan!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
The most memorable spots in Johto for me are the routes from Ilex Forest all the way up to the National Park. Just that whole stretch, really. I couldn't tell you why I liked it so much either, but I did.

As far as Kanto... I think Cerulean City is pretty memorable for me too. It must be something about reaching your first 'big city' in the game for me.

Years
I think the most memorable location in Johto would have to be Mt. Silver, because that's where you have that epic fight against Red, the protagonist from the previous games. Aside from that, I like Goldenrod City, since it has so many buildings including the Game Corner, Radio Tower, Department Store, and the Bike Shop.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I would have to second Goldenrod City. So much goes on in that place. We have the train station there, we have Team Rocket, we have the Radio Tower with Mary and Oak, the shopping mall, the Happiness Rater, the underground mall, a name rater, a mulch seller, the GTS, and Whitney's Miltank. Her Miltank reminds me of an Ork Kill Kan ("Stomp! Stomp! Stomp Stomp!"). . . but I think that Goldenrod City is one of the cities that has a lot going for it, and it's also part of a plot so that helps it's 'fame' I suppose.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
Three places:

3 - Goldenrod City: Just magical to be honest, it feels as good as Hearthome City in Platinum which is pretty good. Its just a cool place to be.

2 - Tohjo Falls: Purely for being the only place in Pokémon to actually be a proper border.

1: Sinjoh Ruins: Rather eerie, but the fact you can get a baby dragon from there is awesome, in fact it is just full of awesome.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I wouldn't exactly call this memorable, but it's still a really cool place that wasn't included in the original games. Sinjoh Ruins.

First of all, I like how it differentiates from the rest of Johto and Kanto by being snowy and all; it honestly gives it a unique feeling. Same thing with the music. It's got that touch of Johto/Kanto and a strong hint of Sinnoh with that little tune. I honestly love it even though I didn't even visit it much.

And don't forget the legendary that you can get there! What makes it even more cool that it's actually made for you at the spot, although having a Level 1 Legendary was pretty awkward. It'd take a while to train that thing up. Seriously.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Sinjoh Ruins, where the magic happens and get level 1 dragon trio
Mt. Silver to battle Red and his awesome pikachu.

Years
For Johto, I would say that Goldenrod City is my most memorable area. Generally, cities in Pokemon games are rather memorable for me. It's not necessarily the city itself, rather the events that take place in the city. Being able to disguise as a Team Rocket member was really fun. I wish that I was able to stay like that through the whole game, but it was only one time, so I guess that makes Goldenrod City special to me. Whitney is also the city gym leader, which was also pretty memorable in my journey. A lot of things happened in this city, a lot of memorable events at least.

As for Kanto, Cerulean City was a place that I will always remember. I think it has something to do with being close to the area that you catch Mewtwo in. In the past, catching Mewtwo was an exciting experience for me. Being able to live that moment once again in updated graphics was very exciting to me. I also like the music for Cerulean City. I'm not sure why, but my ears really enjoy the music.

Shoutout goes to Mt. Silver, the area where you could fight Red. That is a battle that will go down in history as one of the toughest battles in a Pokemon game up to this date.

Back