• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In Other News, Japan Gets all the Cool Stuff

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I have a friend that moved to japan for a job a few years ago, so he usually gets them and clones me one, so it's not a problem for me.

But I agree they should give out more events in the US, especially ones like these.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Bit of an old article, but I didn't see any other mention of it:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wi...kémon_to_be_distributed_to_promote_18th_movie

Why come I don't get a guaranteed 3IV Arceus 3:

If you think that's bad were you aware Japan also got (within the past year) gen 6 versions of Darkrai, Shiny Jirachi, Keldeo, Shaymin, Victini and Shiny Rayquaza and we haven't gotten ANY of them? (let alone Arceus) How annoying is that? I mean, if you're diligent enough you can find cloners online who hav not only cloned teh events, but cloned english versions of them (because a Japanese game, if started in English, will have english named Event pokemon. Teh Trainer ID will still be in Japanese, but the name is the important part)

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
I find this complete BS. Why does japan get everything? Its just data. Why waste money on making those stupid code cards that more than half of the world have trouble getting? Why not release every event pokémon via wifi? Okay I get that some pokémon should be gotten via movies/events. In my country they don't even have the pokémon movies in the cinema's anymore. At least not in the town I live in. Why make it so hard for everyone outside japan?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Just GameFreak being... GameFreak.
I don't think GF has anything to do with this. They probably have enough work as is, creating the next games.

It's really sad, but there's nothing we could do about it. Maybe someday, Nintendo realizes that they don't need to be so Japan centric.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I find this complete BS. Why does japan get everything? Its just data. Why waste money on making those stupid code cards that more than half of the world have trouble getting? Why not release every event pokémon via wifi? Okay I get that some pokémon should be gotten via movies/events. In my country they don't even have the pokémon movies in the cinema's anymore. At least not in the town I live in. Why make it so hard for everyone outside japan?

to make everyone want them, really. Years ago when gen 3 was new, if someone got a shiny Metagross is was spectacular, amazing, people were envious because it looked so cool. Fast Forward to when ORAS was released 4 months ago and quite literally EVERYONE who owns the game can get a shiny metagross (or beldum, but eventually a metagross) and now they're pretty ho hum. Same thing would happen with the event legendaries. Something that is only given out at a movie release or a specific pokemon event in real life has people clamouring for it, trying to get their own, wanting it so badly because they can't have it. Would there be that level of excitement and desire if everyone who owned the game just automatically got an Arceus? When was the last time you heard anyone in the last 4 months asking for a Deoxys the way they used to? Not at all I would assume since everyone who owns ORAS gets a Deoxys.

Years
I'll admit this is somewhat crazy, but I guess it may have to do with how Japan was where Pokémon stemmed from. It is true though, I do wish we could get some of those events alongside them. Possibly in due time.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
to make everyone want them, really. Years ago when gen 3 was new, if someone got a shiny Metagross is was spectacular, amazing, people were envious because it looked so cool. Fast Forward to when ORAS was released 4 months ago and quite literally EVERYONE who owns the game can get a shiny metagross (or beldum, but eventually a metagross) and now they're pretty ho hum. Same thing would happen with the event legendaries. Something that is only given out at a movie release or a specific pokemon event in real life has people clamouring for it, trying to get their own, wanting it so badly because they can't have it. Would there be that level of excitement and desire if everyone who owned the game just automatically got an Arceus? When was the last time you heard anyone in the last 4 months asking for a Deoxys the way they used to? Not at all I would assume since everyone who owns ORAS gets a Deoxys.

You say everyone want them, but pretty much for everyone who lives in japan can easily get most of the event pokémons. Lots of those events are from codes you can get from a cheap magazine or going to a pokémon center and japan is full of those. For the diancie code in my country I had to pre-order the oras game and I did that and then I hear that the store never even got the codes although it stated on the website that if you would pre-order it at that store you would get the code. My problem is is while pokemon is like an international game since generation 1 we still don't even get half of the events japan gets.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I will never, ever understand why people are so bothered that a Japan gets cool stuff in a Japanese game.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I will never, ever understand why people are so bothered that a Japan gets cool stuff in a Japanese game.
Exactly. It would be something else if the games originated in a western location, but that's not the case. We do get some cool events every now and then and I'm perfectly fine with that.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
I agree with the two above, Tetra and shenanigans.

Pokémon originated from Japan, it's audience is a LOT bigger there.
It's no surprise they got more than us, and I'm fine with them getting more stuff.

Years
It's true, Japan gets more because they are the home of Pokemon.

However, the one thing that bugs me lately is the events mainly being one-use codes, and it's always hard to even get said codes in the first place. I remember reading someone on Tumblr explain the pros and cons of the system in general.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
It's really sad, but there's nothing we could do about it. Maybe someday, Nintendo realizes that they don't need to be so Japan centric.

Hahaha considering the shitty (and now non-existent) Nintendo support in my country you should consider yourself lucky you even get stuff from time to time! :P

I don't know who handles the events, but it's probably Nintendo, and they don't seem to care about the Western market as much. A pity really.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
You say everyone want them, but pretty much for everyone who lives in japan can easily get most of the event pokémons. Lots of those events are from codes you can get from a cheap magazine or going to a pokémon center and japan is full of those. For the diancie code in my country I had to pre-order the oras game and I did that and then I hear that the store never even got the codes although it stated on the website that if you would pre-order it at that store you would get the code. My problem is is while pokemon is like an international game since generation 1 we still don't even get half of the events japan gets.

Um… I don't think you actually read my post at all. You want them, right? I want them, practically everyone on these boards want them, and that's exactly what I said the reason was.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I actually am missing the Gen V way of doing events...and I didn't like that they just handed them to you or made you have to go to a GameStop or other place, but at least they were more widely available...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2015
I fine cloning to be cheating and taking the fun out for it. I don't mind this myself since it makes them even more rare fun and that more rewarding if you find someone who has it and is willing to trade. Same for Amiibos. I like the hunting.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Sadly this is currently how GF is working now :/
Since japan is were theyre located and will stay in the future USA and other countries are bound to not receive as much as japan will get. Also they have the pokemon movies before us and in theaters plus events and such. Oh and movie posters, and limited collectibles, and entire shops for pokemon stuff. Exactly what do we have? Aha it really seems they get everything but idk move to japan one day for that purpose your life will be happier haha. I do wish that we had some of the cool things they have though. :/

kevin24

Event collector
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 10, 2022
scumfreak favors japan and says screw everyone else./ hope one day scumtendo or scumfreak goes out of business. i'd be real happy

Back