• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokédex Card Collab Game! Version 2

Years
I'm reviving a game that EnglishMilkshake/OliverCopper started back in October of 2013, The Pokedex Card Collab Game! I'll let EnglishMilkshake's post from the old thread explain the rules:

Hello, this is the Card Collab Collecting Game. Not really a collection, but it works. The gameplay goes on in National Dex order. The first poster posts a scan of a Pokémon Card (it does not necessarily need to be a photo of a card you own.). If the scan is Japanese, or a different language, write an English Translation Spoiler under the card so the next poster can read it. The next poster gives the card a critique and gives ratings from 1 to 10 for Artwork, Playability, and Collectability.

Here's an example of an acceptable critique.

It's an excelent card. It only needs 1 Energy to deal 50 damage, and the Holofoil makes it a great collectable.

Artwork: 9/10
Playability: 9/10
Collectability: 10/10

Keep in mind that that was for an anonymous card. Fake cards are not allowed here.

Anyway, after giving a critique, the poster, on the same post, posts a scan of a card of the next Pokemon in National Dex order, and so on, and so on.

I've chosen to start off with the same card EnglishMilkshake did:
bulbasaur93.jpg
[/IMG]

Let's get through all 700+ Pokemon this time!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Artwork: 7/10
not too many cards look penciled and it's nice overall, but not a lot going on in the background

Playability: 5/10
Only a basic Pokémon with low attacking damage and meidum-low HP. Any energy for 10 damage is a nice start if you lack the grass energy needed for Vine Whip. I would definitely try to evolve it asap, however.

Collectability: 3/10
Common Bulbasaur from a set that is only a few years old. I can easily get this off eBay for less than a half a dollar and there's a small chance that you can find a Supreme Victors booster in stores.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a3/IvysaurDarkExplorers2.jpg

Years
Artwork: 7/10. I like the style, but it almost feels too dark.

Playability: 3/10. High attack cost and high retreat cost make it a difficult play.

Collectability: 2/10. It's an uncommon from a recent set. Not very sought after at all and I could probably get this for a quarter off of someone if I didn't already have 2 or 3.

displayimage.php

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
Colectibility 8/10 Being it is a dark Pokemon.
Playability 5/10 I like the efects but three energy is a lot.
Artwork 6/10 Kinda Plain.
Next up Charmander!
charmander18.jpg

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Collectibility - 4/10 - Just a common but it is a starter so that gives it an extra point or two as some collectors love the starter Pokémon.
Playability - 8/10 - Adding two energy's would be extremely helpful whilst building up to its Charizard stage, it would be seriously effective and for only 1 energy. An attack certainly for late in the match.
Artwork - 7/10 - Cute card, and I like the touch of the sun in the background.

Charmeleon

Years
Collectibility: 3/10. Just a Boundaries Crossed uncommon. Nothing special.

Playability: 6/10. Good HP for its stage, and a good step to a pretty solid Charizard card. Decent attacks for slower paced games, too.

Artwork: 5/10. Feels like a Sugimori Charmeleon got pasted onto a painted lava background.

Go, Charizard!
displayimage.php

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Sorry to pop in, but I have returned. Thanks for rebooting the challenge. Let's hopefully get through the Pokédex this time. Bring in more players!

Anyways, let's give a short review.

Artwork: 8/10 CG with a bark background. Can't go wrong with that.

Collectability: 8/10 A rather rare card from a set about 5-years old...

Playability: 6/10 Powerful attacks, but for the cost of a coin flip or high retreat cost. Plus, some of the newer cards can deal even more damage...

Anyway, next card.

SQUIRTLE! Bblblblblblblblblblblbl!
squirtle-team-rocket-tr-68.jpg

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Artwork: 4/10
Squirtle looks ok but the background is just flat seafloor and some fish silhouettes :P

Playability: 3/10
Evolve that as soon as you can >:o A double colorless energy would be useful with it.

Collectability: 6/10
Basic card but from a hard-to-find set. Also a first edition.

Spoiler:

Years
Artwork: 6/10. Fun style, but doesn't really have that "wow" factor, imo.

Playability: 4/10. It's a step in the Blastoise ladder that isn't really all that necessary.

Collectibility: 3/10. It's an uncommon from Boundaries Crossed. Buy 4 boosters and you'll probably have pulled it.

BLASTOISE TIME!
Spoiler:

Back