• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

III: King of the Sea

Which are your favorites?

• Total voters
Years
Welcome for another Pokémon Poll of the Week, here in Pokémon General! These threads are pretty simple- pick a few options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. As always with these threads, we do ask that you follow our golden rule:
Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon - tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may either be deleted, or be up for a warning/infraction.​
Unfortunately, I still haven't received any poll questions, so I had to come up with this week's topic. If you've got a suggestion for a POTW of your own that you would like to see featured, feel free to send me a VM with your idea(s), or leave it with your post in this thread. If your topic gets picked, you will be awarded with a special emblem!

Now with all that said, this week's poll question is:

"Of the Water Pokémon with 'king' in its name, which are your favorites?"

I saw a deck of cards lying around with a king facing up, which inspired me to come up with this question. I almost included Magikarp in this question too (Koiking in Japanese), but I figured that would be bending the rules a bit. That, and I don't really see Magikarp winning anyways :p

Spoiler:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Voted for Kingdra.
Probably one of the best Water types because the design is simple yet so elegant (who doesn't love seahorses?) It's also pretty deadly under the rain too because of Swift Swim (despite the rain being nerfed) and Water/Dragon covers most of the meta (in UU at least). I do need to use it more though cause I want to try out CritDra.

As for next poll, maybe either pseudo-legends or Pokemon with current unique type combinations.

blue

gucci
Years
I like three of those aside Slowking, but my vote goes to Kingler. Ever since Gen I I'd probably say Kingler has been one of my favourite Water-type Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
And I was so hoping I could nominate Magikarp...oh well, I'll go with Kingdra instead.

Years
Mine would be Slowking. It's regal, and although i've only used it seriously once, it's decent alright, even if the lack of physical Defense makes it harder to use against stuff like Pursuit, Thunder Punch, Wood Hammer, etcetera. And the one from Pokémon the Movie 2000? "I could use pants..."

pkmin3033

Is is still cool to say "Fuck yeah, Seaking!" now?

...seriously though, I've always liked Seaking. Given how pathetic Goldeen was in the anime - and how infuriating it was in the games; it always used Supersonic with brokenly perfect accuracy on me - Seaking was just...cool. It's got a sleek design, and I had a goldfish called Seaking for a few months, so whenever I see it I think of the only goldfish I had that last longer than two weeks.

I did like Kingler's weird voice in the anime, though. Gooo-geeeeeee~

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Of all water-type Pokémon with "king" in their names, my most favorite is probably Kingdra.

Kingdra is supposed to be a seahorse, if I'm not wrong, and it looks just like one; in terms of this, I believe they have done a sweet job. Aside from its primary typing--water--it's also dragon, and some features of its does tend to remind some of us of the group. Kingdra's color-scheme isn't too loud, either; to me, it seems to be pretty soft and steady.

When it comes to battling, this Pokémon could wreak some decent havoc. It has access to Dragon Dance, if I'm not wrong, and after one use of that, it immediately becomes ready for sweeping; all we have to do is be slightly careful of what attacks we use, and we should be all set.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
WHAT ARE YOU SAYING Magikarp is the king of the ocean, 100%. Bur alright, I'll go with Kingdra. It is the lost king-like out of the choices, despite Slowking's crown. Also I've always liked the Horsea family and am not particularly fond of the others here, except for maybe Kingler who was really cool in the anime. I loved when Ash finally used it in the League and it ended up being awesome :3 oh, okay, I'll vote for Kingler too.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Kingdra. Come on, it's the only Dragon-Type out of all them. It's design is so simplistic and beautiful too. I don't even like Horsea that much, even though how cute it is. Seadra is just yuck for me. But Kingdra seems real powerful and everything, especially because Clair had one. I always had problems against that thing. And don't forget about Juan's Kingdra. Just ugh ;~;

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I like them all except Seaking so I voted for three haha.

If I had to pick one it would probably be Kingler. I've always liked the Kingler line's simple design and I think part of why I like it is due to the anime.

Kingdra has a really cool design as well and a nice typing too. The whole line is pretty cute. I don't think I've ever actually owned a Kingdra though so I've never used one. Will have to do so one day.

I really like Slowking as well. Cool and regal design, and Slowking from the Lugia movie is my fave haha o/

Seaking I'm quite meh about. I don't particularly like its design and haven't used it before so I don't have any experience with it. *shrugs*

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
ohhh I like this poll, very cute idea!!

I gotta go with Kingdra. Its typing gives it few weaknesses, nice stats, and a great design. I instantly loved it when I saw it and it became the staple of my team when I used it. Also when it comes to the king of the sea or the Pokemon that emobides the sea best I would also have to say Kingdra just for being so elegant yet powerful.

Fil

Years
Seaking! I've always had a liking for this goldfish. The design is just great, but let's talk about how it's the one Pokemon, except for Goldeen, that can learn waterfall from leveling up. Who needs HM07 when you've got a Seaking? Also, what kind of king of the sea would have to learn how to traverse a waterfall from an HM? Not Seaking!

Years
I went for Slowking. It's the only one I really do like, plus the Slowpoke line are my fave 1st Gen Pokemon so it'd be fitting that I love Slowking as well. I also like how adorable it is, and I'm into cuties.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
"Of the Water Pokémon with 'king' in its name"My Favourite Pokemon is Probably Kingdra as it's is the only dragon type Pokemon in the list.
Kingdra has immense power due to its dual-type (Water/Dragon type) Pokemon.It has many powerful moves in the games(dragon pulse,hydro Pump and most importantly dragon dance).I liked that kingdra has very few resistances.It is also useful in rains.Hence I like this large, seahorse Like Pokemon.

Years
Slowking! He is a true legend. Awesome Pokemon in the second movie especially and I'll never let it go as one of my overall favorite water types. Kingdra is awesome too but it doesn't stand out in the same way as Slowking and I have some nostalgic memories of it whereas Kingdra is just.. there.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I was seriously looking forward to gush about Kyogre, aw.

Out of these kings of the sea, my favorite would be Kingdra. I loved the Horsea/Seadra line, and the final evolution makes it look fierce yet elegant. I can't say that Kingler, Seaking, nor Slowking ever appealed to me.

Years

Not only is Pokemon 2000 my favorite of the Pokemon movies, but Slowking's one of my favorite characters from it. I've always said that if I were to be a Pokemon, it would be that Slowking, so my choice for this poll was an easy one.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
I was about to answer Slowking, then I remembered how badass and resistant Kingdra is, even though I never played it.

Back