• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

JoJoMasta

Master over Mewtwo.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Iowa
  • Seen Feb 12, 2016
Spoiler:

Turtl3Skulll

Blue Turtl3
Years
If you did some extensive Googling, You'd find it,
else you're welcome, Here's a link from my dropbox:

dropbox.com/s/a8f8wutwluzl1q1/XSE.zip?dl=0

Hope it helps.

[Edit]
Sorry I can't add links, but just paste that into your browser should work.

Turtl3Skulll

Blue Turtl3
Years
A-Trainer is considered malware my most anti virus, I've had it for well over 3 yrs, there are no issues, but its considered that for one reason or another. Just make an exception with your anti-virus and you'll be able to use it.

Years
Should I use this download to be safe? If it doesn't do anything to my computer, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if I do get a virus, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you. :P

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 26, 2015
i try to download gba pokemon game editor on gba tools but,i get brought to adf.ly and it dosent download???

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 13, 2015
i've tried file trip also but my norton eveytime states that this file contains a virus and then automatically removes it
i am very irritated by just finding on every website xse1.1.1 because there isn.t any.

i am also irritated finding xse 1.1.1 and don't know where everyone is getting it

So I'm trying to learn scripting but I only have XSE version 1.0.0, and none of the tutorials I find works for it. OP's link is dead and google brings up nothing but more dead links. Where the heck is everyone getting XSE ver1.1.1?
i am also irritated finding xse 1.1.1 and don't know where everyone is getting it
please somebody tell where i can get this thing xse

Last edited by a moderator:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

please somebody tell where i can get this thing xse

Try this link, its 1.1.1 and I can assure you that there are no viruses. If you get a pop-up then Norton is being too oversensitive.

LordOfMinecraft

LordOfMinecraft
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
Why are none of your tools for the MAC? I use a mac and all I can find is the MEH (Map Editor of Happiness)! Make some tools for mac, and more people will love you, more than they and others all ready do. We need GBA rom hacking tools for mac.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Why are none of your tools for the MAC? I use a mac and all I can find is the MEH (Map Editor of Happiness)! Make some tools for mac, and more people will love you, more than they and others all ready do. We need GBA rom hacking tools for mac.

You're about 5 years too late, these tools have not been updated for a long time and most likely never will be. To answer your question, these tools were made in a period where windows was really the only hacking platform. It's only been recently that some tool makers have started to support other OSes.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
i try to download gba pokemon game editor on gba tools but,i get brought to adf.ly and it dosent download???
This thread doesn't even have anything to do with that tool. :V

Anyway, skirting around the silly drama really quickly, the creator removed the project from all links you're going to find and PC did the same before that because they go through adfly. I hear it's source and a new version are in a repository somewhere, but honestly it's been arguably outdone for the most part. A combination of G3T and G3HS does better for just about everything if you're planning on expanding the Pokedex or (especially) adding Fairy-Type. There's only a couple things it has that the others don't, and that's all doable by Hex Editor or other tools.

A-Trainer is malware or something.
Use Unnamed Trainer Editor or G3T instead. They're more accurate and stable for editing trainers.

Last edited:

LordOfMinecraft

LordOfMinecraft
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
You're about 5 years too late, these tools have not been updated for a long time and most likely never will be. To answer your question, these tools were made in a period where windows was really the only hacking platform. It's only been recently that some tool makers have started to support other OSes.

Then why are you all worshipping him? If these really haven't been updated in 5 years then they are probably obsolete and useless now. Also why aren't their any other than Shiny Quagsires MEH?

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Then why are you all worshipping him? If these really haven't been updated in 5 years then they are probably obsolete and useless now. Also why aren't their any other than Shiny Quagsires MEH?
"Worshipping" is a strong word to use. We admire and respect HackMew, and we're incredibly thankful for everything he contributed to the Pokémon hacking scene. He's one of the main people responsible for getting it as lively as it is now, so his praise is not unwarranted.

These tools are in no way obsolete. Many of his tools - XSE in particular - are staples to hacking the GBA games, and they are still fully functional today on the systems they were designed for. You just have to understand what you're getting into when you use a Mac device over a Windows device. The two experiences are quite different, but you'll often find that many hacking programs such as these are developed with Microsoft's OS in mind. This doesn't just apply to the Pokémon hacking scene, either. You'll find that it's the same with just about every other hacking community. It's getting better as Mac and Linux become more widely used, but the situation ultimately remains as it is. If you really wanted to, you could try to run these programs under Wine to see if they work. I don't know if they do myself, but it's a better decision than deriding other tool makers, hackers, and players for this explainable discrepancy in software compatibility.

LordOfMinecraft

LordOfMinecraft
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
"Worshipping" is a strong word to use. We admire and respect HackMew, and we're incredibly thankful for everything he contributed to the Pokémon hacking scene. He's one of the main people responsible for getting it as lively as it is now, so his praise is not unwarranted.

These tools are in no way obsolete. Many of his tools - XSE in particular - are staples to hacking the GBA games, and they are still fully functional today on the systems they were designed for. You just have to understand what you're getting into when you use a Mac device over a Windows device. The two experiences are quite different, but you'll often find that many hacking programs such as these are developed with Microsoft's OS in mind. This doesn't just apply to the Pokémon hacking scene, either. You'll find that it's the same with just about every other hacking community. It's getting better as Mac and Linux become more widely used, but the situation ultimately remains as it is. If you really wanted to, you could try to run these programs under Wine to see if they work. I don't know if they do myself, but it's a better decision than deriding other tool makers, hackers, and players for this explainable discrepancy in software compatibility.

If he is really so great and revolutionary, then why aren't any of his things for mac? If he's so revolutionary then why isn't HE the one person to make a pokemon rom editor for the MAC? And if worship isn't the right word, then why is there 67 pages of praise for his work. I am like martin luther (of course I'm not making any tools), and you people are like the catholic church. So come, and try to burn me to keep your beliefs alive. Oh and the Map Editor of Happiness is made by Shiny Quasire.

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
If he is really so great and revolutionary, then why aren't any of his things for mac? If he's so revolutionary then why isn't HE the one person to make a pokemon rom editor for the MAC? And if worship isn't the right word, then why is there 67 pages of praise for his work. I am like martin luther (of course I'm not making any tools), and you people are like the catholic church. So come, and try to burn me to keep your beliefs alive. Oh and the Map Editor of Happiness is made by Shiny Quasire.
I can see you're new here. This is not the type of attitude you want to go into threads with. It gives people a terrible impression of you. When you make a religion connection like that, you're going to get heads to turn... and not in a good way. There's also no real need for it.

The reason there's almost 70 pages on this topic is because it dates back to 2007 and because the tools are genuinely helpful for the many purposes they serve. Many were trailblazing for the scene, and the majority of them are still in standard use today. Whether or not they function on other OSes is irrelevant. And no one is trying to claim that one operating system is better than the other. It's not always greener on the Microsoft side, either. For instance, Windows users get stuck with a barely-functional version of iTunes, whereas Mac users get a wonderful version that runs without a hitch.

I didn't say anything about Shiny Quagsire's map tool. It is functional on Mac devices, which is nice.

And, as to your main question, I'll direct you to a response someone else already gave you to it:

LordOfMinecraft

LordOfMinecraft
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
I can see you're new here. This is not the type of attitude you want to go into threads with. It gives people a terrible impression of you. When you make a religion connection like that, you're going to get heads to turn... and not in a good way. There's also no real need for it.

The reason there's almost 70 pages on this topic is because it dates back to 2007 and because the tools are genuinely helpful for the many purposes they serve. Many were trailblazing for the scene, and the majority of them are still in standard use today. Whether or not they function on other OSes is irrelevant. And no one is trying to claim that one operating system is better than the other. It's not always greener on the Microsoft side, either. For instance, Windows users get stuck with a barely-functional version of iTunes, whereas Mac users get a wonderful version that runs without a hitch.

I didn't say anything about Shiny Quagsire's map tool. It is functional on Mac devices, which is nice.

And, as to your main question, I'll direct you to a response someone else already gave you to it:

I understand the thing with religion, but if you are trail blazing then why is there nothing on the mac? If he is so great why is there nothing on the mac? Also why do you windows people use ITunes?

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I understand the thing with religion, but if you are trail blazing then why is there nothing on the mac? If he is so great why is there nothing on the mac? Also why do you windows people use ITunes?
There's more than one way to trailblaze with something. In this context, it was about the aspects of hacking covered by these tools, and how well they did their jobs. Similarly, greatness is measured by a countless number of factors. Plus, you have to consider that not everyone has a Mac. If someone doesn't have one, it's kind of hard for that person to make software for it.

If "us Windows people" want to purchase songs from the Apple Store (which is, honestly, the best store for digital music purchases), we have to use iTunes. It's out of necessity rather than choice.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
1. Up until recently, A-Map did everything it was required to and did it well. You'll notice that YAPE is on the same tier unless expanding the Pokedex, Physical/Special damage split, or new type adding is used. Also it is a very large project with quite a lot of work to be done, not many want to commit themselves to such a thing.

2. A problem perhaps more centered around PC (but isn't caused by it), some new people jump straight from YouTube/Vizzed/Google/site where I saw this one hack, don't read like they should, and go straight to the most popular used thing immediately because they're only here to download it. Which is now more popular because of people posting in it.

If you'd like to see what I mean by that, check out the Hack Studio and see how old some of the most popular threads are or the tools some newer hacks still use. A lot use horribly outdated tools because they are popular and used in their favorite hack, there's even tutorials that are fairly recent built around A-Trainer and if I recall that's been improved on years back. You'll also notice just earlier that in this thread I answered a question about a tool that has nothing to do with the topic.

Also I agree with Team Fail on this one, Wine is completely compatible with it. Wineskin is rather easy to setup and use for tools in general. I'm not saying that I don't want something cross-platform, but it is somewhat easy to do until it happens.

Last edited:

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
1. Up until recently, A-Map did everything it was required to and did it well. You'll notice that YAPE is on the same tier unless expanding the Pokedex, Physical/Special damage split, or new type adding is used. Also it is a very large project with quite a lot of work to be done, not many want to commit themselves to such a thing.

2. A problem perhaps more centered around PC, some new people don't read like they should and go straight to the most popular used thing immediately.

If you'd like to see what I mean by that, check out the Hack Studio and see how old some of the most popular threads are or the tools some newer hacks still use. Most people use horribly outdated tools because they are popular and used in their favorite hack, there's even YT tutorials that are fairly recent built around A-Trainer, and if I recall that's been improved on years back. You'll also notice just earlier that in this thread I answered a question about a tool that has nothing to do with the topic.

Also I agree with Team Fail on this one, Wine is completely compatible with it. Wineskin is rather easy to setup and use.
I'm going to respectfully disagree with what you've said. Age does not equate to usefulness. Tools such as A-Trainer change only the small, necessary amounts of code needed for the effects they need. Building something newer won't automatically make it better if there's nothing else that needed to be added in the first place. I'm not saying that's the case with everything, but a good portion of the tools in this thread are still helpful today. You just need to look around to see if something better actually has come around.

And personally, I've noticed the many shortcomings of AdvanceMap quite a bit before work on the Map Editor of Happiness began. I'd say that it did its job, but it was easy to mangle up data in your ROM if you weren't careful.

Also, my recommendation of Wine must have been buried underneath everything else I said before it. But it sounds as if it works, so go ahead and try out these tools with it.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I'm going to respectfully disagree with what you've said. Age does not equate to usefulness. Tools such as A-Trainer change only the small, necessary amounts of code needed for the effects they need. Building something newer won't automatically make it better if there's nothing else that needed to be added in the first place. I'm not saying that's the case with everything, but a good portion of the tools in this thread are still helpful today. You just need to look around to see if something better actually has come around.
You have a good point, I'm wrong in that. Especially when you take into account some things that certain newer tools will do if you're not careful. :P

And personally, I've noticed the many shortcomings of AdvanceMap quite a bit before work on the Map Editor of Happiness began. I'd say that it did its job, but it was easy to mangle up data in your ROM if you weren't careful.
I see your point there, I've run into a problem every now and then with 1.92 myself. Even more true with the mess that is 1.95 however. And especially when some unsuspecting new friend starts using it because it has the higher version number and appears to be the best and most stable version.

Back