• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Final Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
A hearty CONGRATULATIONS to the top three performers in this year's game of Survivor. They've truly gone above and beyond and done whatever necessary to trump their enemies and make it to the final challenge. However, only one of them can be crowned but before we get to that, welcome these three to the finale:
Anna
Antebellum
megaabsol -​
Two Team Ludicolo and a Team Spheal member; well represented! But again, only one can win, so let's get to it. In this challenge, the final three will individually play my tabletop game. There is quite a bit to this game, though explaining it here is mostly so you know what's going on behind the scenes since 95% of the actions are my rolls; most of what you guys do is saying "I want to do x."

The game's mechanics are based very loosely on Fire Emblem. A player must play through five areas of two levels each to win the game, and a level is won after all enemy units are defeated. Each player will have six classes available to them, each with two lives each except the Thief, Great Knight, and Troubadour which have one life. The classes are Warrior, Troubadour, Mage, Thief, Archer, and Great Knight. At the beginning of the game, each one will have its stats randomly generated as a number between 1-5, though certain classes will have a particular stat boosted.

Warriors - Str will be a number between 3 and 8
Mage - Mag will be a number between 3 and 8
Thief - Spe will be a number between 3 and 8

Turns & Rolls
A turn is when your units can perform an action. The only actions that can be made are "attack," "defend," and "heal" while there are enemies on the field. Attack requires a target; defend gives +1 defense to the unit for the turn; "heal" is available Troubadours and you can choose a target to grant +1 life; "unlock" can be used by a thief if there is a chest. Any unit can unlock a chest if a key is rolled.

At the beginning of every turn, Key and Chest roll are performed. Two successful Key rolls equal a Key that will open a chest. Two successful Chest rolls summon a chest that can be opened by a Thief at any time or any unit with a key.

Enemies & Attacking
As you encounter enemies, their stats will also be randomly generated, the stats growing higher with each level. (Str, Mag, Def, Spe)

When you encounter an enemy, the one with the higher Spe will go first. If their attack is higher than your defense, you'll lose a life. If their attack is lower or equal to your defense it's a draw. You can then attack. If your units both draw on the same turn, your unit is disabled and you must choose another to fight with. If no units can beat the enemy, you lose. Spe only decides the first attack: if you eliminate a Dark Mage by outspeed and outattacking, other enemy units can still attack yours after your turn is over, but only then.

A bonus 33% chance to wipe out all enemies of a particular unit's excel is included at the beginning of a round. (i.e if there are three Dark Mages and you challenge one with a Warrior, a succesful dice roll on the Warrior's attack wipes out all Dark Mages on the level)

The following roles are proficient against the listed role:
Warrior -> +2 Str against Dark Mage
Archer -> +2 Str against Griffon Rider
Mage -> +2 Mag against Entombed, +2 Mag against Conqueror
Great Knight -> +2 Spe if a Berserker is on the field, +2 Def against Conqueror
Troubadour -> cannot attack
Thief -> not proficient against any enemy, can unlock chest at any time

Dark Mage -> +2 Mag against Great Knight
Entombed -> +2 Str against Archer
Griffon Rider -> +2 Spe against Warrior
Berserker -> +2 Str against Mage
Conqueror -> +2 Spe if Mage is present on the field

Additionally, EXP is earned at the end of a stage or by killing a Conqueror.

Conquerors
A Conquer roll will be made at the beginning of your turn. Three Conquer rolls summon a Conqueror to the field; successful rolls carry over levels. A Conqueror requires any of the following to defeat it: Great Knight x2 lives; Warrior x2, Mage x1; Warrior x1, Mage x1, Thief x1. If none of the combinations are available, the player must flee the level. (This applies to being unable to beat any enemy as well) If the player defeats the Conqueror, all remaining enemy units perish and you earn a treasure and 3EXP. However successfully using these classes to beat a Conqueror means they are also killed.

A Conquer roll is included at the beginning of your turn; there is a 33% chance these will be successful. Three successful Conquer rolls summon a Conqueror. A Conqueror requires any of the following to attack it consecutively to defeat it: Great Knight x2 lives; Warrior x2 lives, Mage x1 life; Warrior x1 life, Mage x1 life, Thief x1 life. If none of the combinations are available, the player must flee. Conquerors are the only units you may attack with more than one class at once. If the player defeats the Conqueror, all remaining enemies perish and you earn a treasure.

Two flees total equal a game over. One flee expends 5EXP from your total count. A game over expends 10EXP from your total count.

After all the enemies have been killed, you've beaten the level. Whoever finishes with the most EXP wins Survivor.

You must post in this thread to begin your game. I will go in sequential order, so the first poster will begin their campaign first, and once they lose, I move on to the next person.

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Sorry for the delay, I'll probably try to start this in a few hours/next time megaabsol - is on. This is just gonna take a bit of time so I'm preparing myself to sit down to tackle it.

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
Hi, i just found out that my family have taken me on a day trip, so ill be a whil

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I was waiting for him to come back online but I'll post this up in case he appears while I'm away.

megaabsol's - units

Spoiler:

Before the first turn of the level begins you can choose a party leader. The party leader is the one that will be the one that has a forced encounter with an enemy on the level. After that encounter, you will be able to make your own choices.

Pick which single unit you'd like as your party leader.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
FLOOR 1

megaabsol -
Party Leader: Warrior x1
Party: Warrior x2, Mage x1, Mage x2, Archer x1, Archer x2, Thief, Great Knight, Troubadour

You successfully roll one Conquer; you encounter Entombed x1, Dark Mage x1, Dark Mage x2, Chest x1

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
Ok so can both my mages attack. Can my great knight defend, can my thief open a chest, and can my party leader attack.

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
Mage 1 attacks entombed
Mage 2 attacks dark mage 2
Warrior 1 attacks dark mage 1

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Some unforeseen circumstances arose so I won't be able to finish this at the time being. Will update when I can. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back